[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
alexandroid

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Post by alexandroid »

SpongeSub wrote: 
Google Apps (other domain) does not work… gmServiceGmail.js and utils.js

Code: Select all

url = "https://www.google.com/a/" + domain + "/LoginAction2";

replace to:

url = "https://www.google.com/a/" + domain + "/LoginAction2?service=mail";

I tried installing latest http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/releases/gmanager0575b2.xpi from tmlong and after checking that custom domain does not work, tried to do this fix.

I could not find utils.js in Gmail manager folder (found two in other extensions, but they did not contain anything line LoginAction2), so I updated only gmServiceGmail.js. Still does not fix it.

I've just created new account gmailtest@bigmir.net (password gmailtest) so anyone can try. Bigmir.net is a info/entertainment portal but they use Gmail for their users emails.

I noticed that when I try to open my mailbox when I am logged off bigmir.net completely, it brings me to the login page. Once I login manually and THEN try to open the mailbox from Gmail Manager, my tab goes into endless loop between those two URLs (as far as I could see and capture them from address bar):

https://www.google.com/a/bigmir.net/acs
and

http://mail.bigmir.net/gsignin/?SAMLRequest=fVLJTsMwEL0j8Q%2BW79laDmA1QQWEqMQStSkHbo4zSZ06dvA4Lfw9bgABB3p9fvOW8cwu3zpFdmBRGp3SJIwpAS1MJXWT0nVxG5zTy
%2Bz0ZIa8Uz2bD26jl%2FA6ADriJzWy8SGlg9XMcJTINO8AmRNsNX%2B4Z5MwZr01zgijKFncpLSCumzrummgLw1s67bebHvQSpRV00pdGdU27ZYLSp6
%2FY00OsRaIAyw0Oq6dh%2BL4IkjiIJ4WyQU7m7LJ9IWS%2FMvpyuuMDY7FKj9JyO6KIg
%2Fyp1UxCuxkBfbRs1PaGNMoCIXpDvY5R5Q7D9dcIVAyRwTrfMBro3HowK7A7qSA9fI%2BpRvnemRRtN
%2Fvwx%2BZiEelbDppQw0u4gJpNm6WjeXsr5Uej86%2FrWn2Iz6LfkllXz92KLK4yY2S4p3MlTL7awvc
%2BRbODr7ErbEdd%2F%2B7JWEyIrIK6pHKBo09CFlLqCiJsk%2FXv6fhD%2BYD&RelayState=https%3A
%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fa%2Fbigmir.net%2FLoginAction2%3Fservice%3Dmail%26passive%3Dtrue

(I've added few newlines otherwise long line broke the post)

Hope this helps. Thank you very much for the efforts all!

PS: Oh and I tried deleting all existing cookies for bigmir.net before testing this.
silkphoenix

Post by silkphoenix »

I am kind of confused. I have installed 5.7.4 version but it did not work at times, so I downgraded to 5.7.2 yesterday and my Gmail Manager works like before. I just looked at the version at my Firefox add-on, it says "5.7.5". I wonder why? I did not update any of my add-ons since last week.

Anyway, I am not complaining since now the add-on is working, just wonder.
emanuel

Post by emanuel »

Latest version

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/r ... 0575b2.xpi

is working just fine for me :D :D :D

I use google domains
erikistired

Post by erikistired »

tmlong wrote:I updated the code to fix the automatic login process. I'm still working on updating the 0.6 codebase which has been delayed somewhat with these login issues. Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you. Once it looks like everyone is in working order I'll get it submitted to AMO which hopefully will get it approved sooner than later.

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/releases/gmanager0575b2.xpi

- TL

still no dice for me. i'm starting to think i'm SOL. the google talk client still works, altho i hate it.
SpongeSub

Post by SpongeSub »

alexandroid wrote:I could not find utils.js in Gmail manager folder

utils.js is here.
your profile folder\extensions\{582195F5-92E7-40a0-A127-DB71295901D7}\chrome\gmanager.jar\content\utils.js

[Notice]
The code of utils.js is different in Gmail Manager 0.5.7.5b2.

Thanks,report.
cherishdestiny

Post by cherishdestiny »

That new one just posted is working for me. Gets me logged in and everything. Even loaded all three of my accounts with their correct count (something the old one often hadn't been doing on the first try). Woohoo! Logs in very quickly too. Even better =D>
ZzFDKzZ

Post by ZzFDKzZ »

Nice new one works great.
Ademos

Post by Ademos »

Awesome, gmanager0575b2 fixes both of my issues with it.

I look forward to the final release!
emanuel

Post by emanuel »

Yahoo!! We're back up !
Fiery Jack

Post by Fiery Jack »

Cheers Todd. All back to normal for me and hopefully permanently.

During these issues I was using the 'Gmail Checker' add-on. I am now happily back to using Gmail Manager, but, there is one feature I really miss from Gmail Checker. Namely, the ability to right-click an email from the status bar and "mark as read", "archive", or "delete" - all without opening your account.

Any chance of including this feature in a future version?
Last edited by Fiery Jack on October 4th, 2009, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TuffGirl

Post by TuffGirl »

tmlong wrote:Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you.

Autologin works again with this update. However, it still isn't letting me know about mail in accounts that have new mail. Some it will, some it won't. I can't see any differences between the accounts it will show new mail for, and the ones it won't. Very odd.
justinweier

Post by justinweier »

So first off thanks to everyone for all the info with this add on, and tmlong for writing such a great app. Couple of things I want to confirm;

-Installed Gmanager0575b2.xpi in Firefox 3.0.14 on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty.
-Accounts auto logon works fine. Using two standard Gmail accounts, and two Google App accounts.
-Message notification for the Google App accounts, and standard Gmail accounts are also working.

Can't wait for the final release. Thanks for all your hard work!

=D>
twisted99

Post by twisted99 »

jooliaan wrote:It is possible to download a fully working xpi packaged version of Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 by patched with bigod26's mod from here. Just for convenience we named it 0.5.7.4.1.

HTH.

Ciao :)

This fixed all 3 of my computers. THANKS \:D/
asroma10

Post by asroma10 »

I installed 0575b2, and now I the unread count and new mail snippets, but when I try to go gmail (clicking on toolbar icon), I get prompted for my password. If I enter my password, I go to my inbox successfully, unlike in 0.5.7.4 where I would get the cookie warning.

Any idea why I have to login every time (even though gmail manager is clearly able to autologin to the account in order to display the new mail count and the snippets).

I've also tried Web Mail Notifier extension, and that extension will go directly to gmail inbox without prompting for password.
Catalyst2012

Post by Catalyst2012 »

I first ran into the issue of not getting logged into the accounts due to passwords not getting transmitted. However, the passwords were ok in the Tools/..Saved Passwords.

0.5.7.4.1 makes it work fine now.

Thank you for arguably the most valuable add-on =D> =D> =D>