[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by 8394147 »

Why doesn't it show the subjects of my new emails anymore? The old version (which was a perfect and I don't understand why it was changed) did. I had to reinstall Firefox, which means I had to reinstall this plugin and I'm stuck with the latest version. I see the unread count, but to actually see the subjects or senders of the emails, I have to open each mailbox individually. Very annoying and makes using this addon useless. Is there a way to make it display my subjects when I mouse over the way it used to? PLEASE?
SERENDIPITI

Post by SERENDIPITI »

Mook's version works great!! Thanks for the revival....
brand404

Post by brand404 »

8394147 wrote:Why doesn't it show the subjects of my new emails anymore? The old version (which was a perfect and I don't understand why it was changed) did. I had to reinstall Firefox, which means I had to reinstall this plugin and I'm stuck with the latest version. I see the unread count, but to actually see the subjects or senders of the emails, I have to open each mailbox individually. Very annoying and makes using this addon useless. Is there a way to make it display my subjects when I mouse over the way it used to? PLEASE?

Try looking back a page for a checklist of things you should do..and make sure to be using Mook's (or Infer) version.

Post by 8394147 »

Nothing on that checklist applied to me. I installed Mook's version. Now when I start Firefox, it totally freezes and I need to ctrl+alt+delete. OH GOODIE. I can't even figure out a way to at least change the program preferences in safemode to see if asking it to do less will help. HOORAY.

I have used this addon for YEARS. Why on earth did he have to change it? The original was perfect, barebones, did exactly what I needed and could've probably been tweaked easily for new version of Firefox. This is so infuriating. I wouldn't have made 6 different inboxes if it hadn't always been so easy to have a bunch. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Post by 8394147 »

edit: Nevermind. At least I uninstalled it. Now I'm back to square one. This blows.
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

Nobody's stuck with any version. Down at the bottom of any plugin's page is a "View all versions" link where you can get any previous official version you want. But I'll let you know that v5.7.5 was recently broken by a change Google made to Gmail. I haven't seen anyone not be able to get the modded versions to work.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

8394147 wrote:Nothing on that checklist applied to me. I installed Mook's version. Now when I start Firefox, it totally freezes and I need to ctrl+alt+delete. OH GOODIE. I can't even figure out a way to at least change the program preferences in safemode to see if asking it to do less will help. HOORAY.

I have used this addon for YEARS. Why on earth did he have to change it? The original was perfect, barebones, did exactly what I needed and could've probably been tweaked easily for new version of Firefox. This is so infuriating. I wouldn't have made 6 different inboxes if it hadn't always been so easy to have a bunch. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

I hope you will be patient to help figure this out. Just remember that noone is having the same problem as you so this tells me it isnt the plugin but something that is happening on your side. So relax...its clearly not as hard to fix as you think.

1. De-install GMM from Firefox. Now, on your hard drive navigate to: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{some random name here} Inside that folder will be "gmanager" -- delete this folder
  2. Re-install GMM
  3. When it crashes it usually means one of your 6 accounts has BUZZ enabled. Can you check each in turn and verify it is turned off? (scroll to the bottom of GMail and make sure it says "Turn on Buzz" which indicates it is off for ALL 6 accounts).
  4. Disable ALL your add-ons AND plugins (remember, add-ons and plugins are two different things) and just have the GMM-mook add-on enabled.

Now if you followed all 4 of my instructions precisely then let us know what happens on your side....DON'T SKIP or go half-assed on any of the above steps and claim you did it...that will not help solve your problem...it will make things harder to figure out.
ǺnalEyes

Post by ǺnalEyes »

1. Is there ANY fix for that old 0.5.7.5 or 0.5.7.5b version yet? [This stopped reporting new messages recently.]

2. I could not use these 0.6 or 0.6.1 versions as they did not permit using some special characters in the password field of GMM, including "space". Has this been fixed in Mook's or Infer's versions?

Thanks for any info/workaround.
rubensa

Post by rubensa »

I was using 0.5.7.1 but recent changes made by Google made this version stop working so I was forced to move to 0.6.1.

Since version 0.6+ new inbox messages preview was not working so I've modified 0.6.1 make this work again (at least til Google changes something again :).

You can download my modified versión from here:

http://www.box.net/shared/jpu8yq05zr

Wish you love it as much as I do.

^_^
ǺnalEyes

Post by ǺnalEyes »

@rubensa

Does your version support including special characters such as space, etc in the password field of GMM? The original versions don't.
rubensa

Post by rubensa »

Sorry I didn't modify that part :(
rubensa

Post by rubensa »

Here your have a new modified version that should accept any character (including whitespaces) in password field:

http://www.box.net/shared/by1jj3f04a

^_^
brand404

Post by brand404 »

rubensa wrote:Here your have a new modified version that should accept any character (including whitespaces) in password field: http://www.box.net/shared/by1jj3f04a^_^

Great to see there is an active fixer for GMM. I hope you don't disappear! We need you all!
Tranquillado

Post by Tranquillado »

brand404 wrote:So, just to make sure...

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I installed Mook's GMM hack and everything's cool. Huzzah!
theaero

Post by theaero »

Is there anyway to get this working in the Firefox 4 betas (specifically firefox 4 beta 7 or the latest nightlys?)

I've bypassed compatibility checks. Just doesnt work :(