[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

mjpoetic wrote:I am still having the same problem and it seems to be theme related (for some reason). Changing to NOIA 2.0 extreme theme, i can see the user accounts perfectly. Using other themes, like Phoenity (my favorite) causes the problem again. So I don't what the problem is. Can anyone help us???

Hmmm... I just tried Phoenity 1.5.9.01 on my system and everything seems to display just fine. I am running Windows XP and Firefox 1.5.0.1. Please let me know what your setup is? This could be an issue with a different Operating System or Firefox version perhaps. Thanks.

- TL
AngelusX

Post by AngelusX »

i have problem, becuase I can't see the accounts name when i'm choosing one. I'm using the Tango Theme and I didn't have such problem with the version 0.4.1. with the default theme I don't have this problem. Could you please fix this bug thx
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

AngelusX wrote:i have problem, becuase I can't see the accounts name when i'm choosing one. I'm using the Tango Theme and I didn't have such problem with the version 0.4.1. with the default theme I don't have this problem. Could you please fix this bug thx

Hi, I tried installing this theme with Gmail Manager 0.4.3.3 (latest) and works just fine for me. You need to uninstall Gmail Manager and then install the latest version. Try that and let me know how it goes.

- TL
mjpoetic

Post by mjpoetic »

tmlong wrote:
mjpoetic wrote:I am still having the same problem and it seems to be theme related (for some reason). Changing to NOIA 2.0 extreme theme, i can see the user accounts perfectly. Using other themes, like Phoenity (my favorite) causes the problem again. So I don't what the problem is. Can anyone help us???

Hmmm... I just tried Phoenity 1.5.9.01 on my system and everything seems to display just fine. I am running Windows XP and Firefox 1.5.0.1. Please let me know what your setup is? This could be an issue with a different Operating System or Firefox version perhaps. Thanks.

- TL

I have the same setup as you do tmlong. I figured out what it was with the Phoenity Theme. It seems that the "cutemenus" sub skin causes problems with Gmail Manager. If you downloaded the theme, go to the theme manager, right-click on Phoenity, and go to "About Phoenity" to select the sub skin I was talking about.

This is a picky little thing, but I love Phoenity. Just wondering if you know what it could be? I am no developer, but could it be the theme's use of the userChrome.css file or the skinning of menu icons -- the "cutemenus" sub skin (or something totally different alltogether)???
triple7

gManager shows new messages when GMail Skins is used.

Post by triple7 »

Hello there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have just installed GMail Skins (http://gmailskins.mozdev.org) and it seems to cause a "conflict" with gManager. GMail Skins uses a hidden label, or something, that gmanager is picking up as new email. This causes all of my accounts to show up as having a new message in the inbox.

Anyway of this being fixed in the next update of gmanager?

I am contacting the creator of GMail Skins as well, just FYI.

Thanks alot in advnace.

P.S. I'd prefer a private message if you reply to this as I'm not interested in subscribing to the thread.
AngelusX

Post by AngelusX »

tmlong wrote:
AngelusX wrote:i have problem, becuase I can't see the accounts name when i'm choosing one. I'm using the Tango Theme and I didn't have such problem with the version 0.4.1. with the default theme I don't have this problem. Could you please fix this bug thx

Hi, I tried installing this theme with Gmail Manager 0.4.3.3 (latest) and works just fine for me. You need to uninstall Gmail Manager and then install the latest version. Try that and let me know how it goes.

- TL

No idea why it's not working, I tried uninstalling both the theme and the extension, nothing of it seems to work, but I can see the account names for example using the mozilla-site theme.
Last edited by AngelusX on February 21st, 2006, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
fLa

Show all accounts in toolbar

Post by fLa »

Hi, thanx for great plugin. However I have an issue. I'm using it from a touchscreen where I am not able to use right mousebutton. I also go by this touchscreen which is located in my kitchen/hall often in my home and what we need is to display both of our(my and my wifes) account at the bottom of Firefox.

When we get home from work or during the day we want to se that I have 2 messages and her 4 messages for example.

This of cource not only apply for touchscreen usage but for everyone that wish to be able to see directly how many mails there are on each account without clicking anywhere at all. There is alot of spare room at the bottom status bar to display this info.

I hope this is applicable and easy implemented?

Best regards,
fLa
salehdidit

Crashes 80% of the time

Post by salehdidit »

I have used Gmail manager for a few months, and while it worked fine the first few days, it kept crashing frequently thereafter. Now when I click on one of my accounts from the status bar, my heart skips a beat as I wait for firefox to crash. happens almost 100% of the time now, and I've just been hoping every new update will address it.

I have no idea what's causing this. I don't have any other gmail extension, so I find this baffling. I have a feeling it is some cookie-management issue, though I have no supporting evidence. The only other extensions I'm using which are cookie-related are View Cookies, and CookieCuller.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance.
WillDashwood

me too

Post by WillDashwood »

I'm not sure if it's Gmail Manager, a conflict with another extension or Firefox 1.5.0.1. It seems if there's a few tabs open and I load up GMail it causes a crash. Does anyone have any tips for narrowing down the cause? I have Talkback installed but not sure how to use it.
WillDashwood

Post by WillDashwood »

I believe I've tracked it down to the greasemonkey extension which to be honest was what I suspected but when I disabled it before it still crashed. Maybe that was a seperate issue.
stuart_sjb

Post by stuart_sjb »

Thanks for the new version of Gmail Manager -- it's working really well for me. One suggestion: I primarily use the extension to check my work and home e-mail -- each of which is forwarded to a different Gmail account. I'm happy for Gmail Manager to remember my password for each, but ideally would like it to automatically login to my home email at home, and my work email at work, but only login to the other as and when I wish to do so.

Please might it be possible for a future version of Gmail Manager to let you say "login to _this_ account at startup", for each of the Gmail accounts listed, rather than the all-or-none approach at the moment? Either way, thanks again for making this excellent extension!
Kris Silver

Post by Kris Silver »

I love gmail manager, and sadly really see little hope for Thunderbird with it. Gmail is undoubtedly the best all round webmail out there, and Gmail manager makes it even friendlier to use than Thunderbird, very impressive, all round brilliant email experience.

I have a few points to note:

1. Quite often Firefox is crashing on me when clicking the new mail pop up. Mozilla talkback runs, so I can give specific details from one of the columns if you'd like, or give any other info which maybe able to help. But its happening 50% of the time and usually only upon clicking the new mail pop up, but also sometimes just clicking the icon in the bottom right.

2. When setting email to be opened in a new tab or window, it should not do so for opening another account as it only signs out of the other account and creates more un-necessary pointless clutter. A newly opened tab/window should be the new gmail window/tab, and any account the user selects it should load in that window/tab.

3. The order of entries upon clicking the gmail manager is not suited to that of the most used functions, or generally suitable. The most used buttons are the accounts which users which switch between regularly, so these should appear at the bottom and be the first easiest items to come across upon clicking gmail manager. This also minimises mouse use and clicking the wrong button. Preferences and visit homepage are the least used items at least regularly so should be ordered at the top.

4. Accounts automatically take the order of when it was added, and this is not changeable. Accounts should sort by name, and also be draggable to change the order.
carleeto

Post by carleeto »

Quick update about changes needed to the FAQ Section on the GMail Manager site :

This is what the FAQ says about chats and secured connections :

<b>How come my "Chat" feature goes away when I load Gmail?</b>
This is caused by accessing your account with https:// (secured connection). To resolve this, simply goto your Gmail Manager preferences and under the General tab uncheck "Use secured connection when checking accounts."

As of today, Feb 23 2006, using the latest version of GMail Manager available with Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Windows, <b>it is able to log in securely without the chat feature being disabled</b>. What i am saying is that I no longer need to uncheck the "Use secured connection" preference to enable chat.

That said, thank you for this extension. It has made my browsing experience a lot better.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

Kris Silver wrote:1. Quite often Firefox is crashing on me when clicking the new mail pop up. Mozilla talkback runs, so I can give specific details from one of the columns if you'd like, or give any other info which maybe able to help. But its happening 50% of the time and usually only upon clicking the new mail pop up, but also sometimes just clicking the icon in the bottom right.

Yes, please send me that information via email as I have never had it crashed when opening an account (via clicking the icon or new mail popup). It should be no different than clicking on any other link within Firefox. But if you don't mind please send whatever info you have and I can help figure out what is going on. Thanks.

Kris Silver wrote:2. When setting email to be opened in a new tab or window, it should not do so for opening another account as it only signs out of the other account and creates more un-necessary pointless clutter. A newly opened tab/window should be the new gmail window/tab, and any account the user selects it should load in that window/tab.

That will probably be an additional option I add to the list of locations to open Gmail. That gets a little more tricky in having to search for the open tab and everything. I will look into that.

Kris Silver wrote:3. The order of entries upon clicking the gmail manager is not suited to that of the most used functions, or generally suitable. The most used buttons are the accounts which users which switch between regularly, so these should appear at the bottom and be the first easiest items to come across upon clicking gmail manager. This also minimises mouse use and clicking the wrong button. Preferences and visit homepage are the least used items at least regularly so should be ordered at the top.

Well that is not always true because some people, like myself, display the icon in their toolbar. Whenever you click the toolbar drop down arrow it lists from top-to-bottom and then if you have it displayed in the statusbar it will list from bottom-to-top (relative to the mouse position). I don't think it hurts that much about the popup menu to have to drag your mouse an extra inch or so.

Kris Silver wrote:4. Accounts automatically take the order of when it was added, and this is not changeable. Accounts should sort by name, and also be draggable to change the order.

I can probably add an option for sorting the accounts but drag-and-drop is a little much. You can always goto about:config and change the order to whatever you like directly. Just type "about:config" in your browser and then search for "gmanager.accounts" and you can edit that value to whatever you like =)

I am working on allowing all of the accounts to be customized separately so that you have full control of each account. Please give me time for that and hopefully will have available soon. Thanks.

- TL
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

stuart_sjb wrote:Please might it be possible for a future version of Gmail Manager to let you say "login to _this_ account at startup", for each of the Gmail accounts listed, rather than the all-or-none approach at the moment? Either way, thanks again for making this excellent extension!

Yeah, that is definitely an option that will soon be available. As soon as I have all the preferences customizable to each account separately that will then allow you to select the "Automatic log in" feature. Hopefully I will have it available shortly. Thanks.

- TL