[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
anda1

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by anda1 »

My hacked version works on 4.0b8-build1, with the caveat that some toolbar prefs are sporadically reset.
If someone actually understands xul, please take a look at that.

xpi: http://uploading.com/files/8644dc2a/gmm61i.xpi/
patro

Post by patro »

anda1 wrote:My hacked version works on 4.0b8-build1, with the caveat that some toolbar prefs are sporadically reset.

xpi: http://uploading.com/files/8644dc2a/gmm61i.xpi/

about toolbar reset you are right!
thanks it works ;)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

anda1 wrote:with the caveat that some toolbar prefs are sporadically reset.

If you see extension toolbar buttons disappearing, that's an actual Firefox toolbar bug (fixed in the latest Minefield nightlies. You can mitigate the problem mostly if you run your startup code from a window onload handler.

Phil
Mook

Post by Mook »

Philip Chee wrote:

If you see extension toolbar buttons disappearing, that's an actual Firefox toolbar bug (fixed in the latest Minefield nightlies. You can mitigate the problem mostly if you run your startup code from a window onload handler.

Phil

Sort of; in this case it's half-half. This commit fixed it for me.
poot.
anda1

Post by anda1 »

Mook wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:

Phil

Sort of; in this case it's half-half. This commit fixed it for me.

I thought it was abandonware, good to hear you've taken over for now.
With your gmanager.0.6.1.0.1.20101101.mook the gmm icon isn't in the palette, and still vanishes from the toolbar as soon as Firefox 4 UI Fixer
( https://addons.mozilla.org/af/firefox/addon/258712/ ) is enabled.
It's the only ext having this problem, any ideas?

Post by 8394147 »

This developer has let this addon go out dated for years and yet he is still asking for $5 donations. What an ass. Make it open source or just delete it. It doesn't work anymore. Thankfully, someone named Rubensa offered some sort of hack that got the clips to start working again. I am so happy to have a Gmail manager back after going months with having to check each account myself. I still think Todd Long is an ass.
butcher33

Post by butcher33 »

Hello
Can someone please help me with GMM. I have installed a fresh copy of W7, FF and GMM. Entered 3 email accounts but now they are all in the status bar. I'd like to have only one mail in the status bar.
Now it is like this: Image but I'd like it with only one icon for all 3 accounts.

Thanks
em28

Post by em28 »

Right click-> preferences --> accounts --> select an account --> toolbar --> show on statusbar --> uncheck .
butcher33

Post by butcher33 »

TYVM
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

8394147 wrote:This developer has let this addon go out dated for years and yet he is still asking for $5 donations. What an ass. Make it open source or just delete it. It doesn't work anymore. Thankfully, someone named Rubensa offered some sort of hack that got the clips to start working again. I am so happy to have a Gmail manager back after going months with having to check each account myself. I still think Todd Long is an ass.

Agree 100%! No matter what his personal issues are, he has a few seconds to post here! Since he hasn't he is definitely much more than just a plain ass...he's an a*hole deluxe for not at least dropping one post on this forum about his intentions.
mozq

Post by mozq »

rubensa, it works!
You're the best.
Appreciate it a lot :)
joolee

Post by joolee »

Why won't Rubensa or Mook request to be the main developer of GMail Manager? That way, more people would be able to enjoy the work.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Joolee wrote:Why won't Rubensa or Mook request to be the main developer of GMail Manager? That way, more people would be able to enjoy the work.

Mook has a day job. I don't think he has the time to maintain it regularly.

Phil
nomo17k

Post by nomo17k »

I'm using FF4 beta 9pre (2010-12-24) on Debian Squeeze. Unfortunately on this setting the hacked version by Mook of GMM has stopped showing up in add-on/menu/tab bars. I think dealing with GMail accounts and all are functional but it simply isn't binding properly to all these widgets. If there is a fix, I'd appreciate if you could post it here.

As for ranting about how Todd hasn't been active all the time, it is very distasteful to do so. You probably have been using GMM without donating a meager $5 anyways. And for the most part GMM has been working great on stable FF (at least for me). It's one of those things why open-source programmers lose interests in maintaining software: whiny users without appreciating how much work and skills that need to go into this sort of effort, which are mostly provided free of charge.

So stop whining, and hope GMM will be actively maintained again. Now that I can afford it I'll make a donation if there is again a sign of life from an "official" maintainer.
grebulon

Post by grebulon »

Mook has updated the addon to work with Firefox beta 8. It will work only from beta 8 version as long as FF is in beta. When it comes out of beta, a new version will have to be released.
You can get a compiled addon from my my website or from my git fork.
If you don't trust me, you can get the source code from mook's git, and build it yourself.