[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Centman

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by Centman »

It seems that only the one on top in you're list, if you have more accounts, is able to login.
My most used email address was on the bottom. So I deleted the 3 above, and now it login with properly.
Don't ask me how to order the accounts. There is no alphabetic way. I just deleted the other less important.
Banners

Post by Banners »

Discovered this problem this morning, but Mook's fix has put things back to normal (Firefox 3.6.13 on Win7 64-bit).

Thank you, Mook!
carlo3k

Post by carlo3k »

continuously login error today for me too
farfocel

Post by farfocel »

In ff 3.6.13 (win xp ) still doesn't work . I think that google block to log in from more than two accounts at the same time. Mook, or anyone else would have done quite a new fix
bonsaii

Post by bonsaii »

The mook version works fine with Firefox 3.6.13 under Linux Mint Debian Edition. Actually, it works even better then the original with managed accounts.

THX!
draven_m

Post by draven_m »

Web Notifier is an alternative until this is fixed (also manages Yahoo and Hotmail accounts) - this is working in Firefox 3.6.13 for Gmail (Win XP SP3)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4490/

Also has a sidebar and floating window option.

Shame, I like Gmail Manager very much, be a pity to let it slide into the void...
Mutak

Post by Mutak »

I have this problem on 3.6.13 on Win7 64-bit. 6 gmail accounts.

Thought it might be a temporary problem on Google's end. Still not working so came here. Am about to try Mook's.

EDIT: Tried Mook's. FF hangs a few seconds after launch.
The gmail loading things stop spinning and the whole of FF hangs.

Going on holiday tomorrow. Hopefully this will have been resolved when I get back in a week.
Last edited by Mutak on January 7th, 2011, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dia

Post by dia »

GMM is less usable to me at the moment. One account will log in when FF is opened, and shows new message numbers with snippets of what the emails contain. My other three accounts have the dreaded yellow exclaimation mark. If I need to log out of the one account that is working, then it too gains the yellow exclaimation mark and cannot be accessed by choosing the log in functions. However, even with the dreaded yellow exclaimation mark, all accounts can be accessed via the Compose Message option.

I'm using rubensa's version, since one of my accounts has a period in the account name, and have tried uninstalling, installing mook's version (did not work), uninstalling again, turning off BUZZ, disabling all add-ons and plug-ins, removing the folder listed in previous troubleshooting steps, and reinstalling rubensa's version.

I'm on WinXp currently using FF 3.6.10.
dia

Post by dia »

Updating to FF 3.6.12 did not resolve the problem :(
Neiloch

Post by Neiloch »

Mutak wrote:I have this problem on 3.6.13 on Win7 64-bit. 6 gmail accounts.

Thought it might be a temporary problem on Google's end. Still not working so came here. Am about to try Mook's.

EDIT: Tried Mook's. FF hangs a few seconds after launch.
The gmail loading things stop spinning and the whole of FF hangs.

Going on holiday tomorrow. Hopefully this will have been resolved when I get back in a week.

Mine hangs as well, I leave it there and it never start back up. Had to launch firefox in safe mode to disable it.
jeroen94704

Post by jeroen94704 »

draven_m wrote:Web Notifier is an alternative until this is fixed ...

Hey, thanks for that. Works like a charm.

Ditto on the "shame" though. I've been using GMM forever (donated some cash as well), and would hate to see it disappear.
jamicu

Post by jamicu »

Original version of Gmail Manager hasn't worked properly for a while and from the evening of the 6th January failed to log in to multiple accounts (for me at least).

I've just installed Mook's version and it is working, so thank you Mook.
But Mook says on his website he can not commit the time required to maintain a plugin, so let's hope someone comes along who has the time to create a new plugin that mirrors the functions of gmail manager.
jamicu

Post by jamicu »

can't find a delete post button, so did this instead
tribalwind

Post by tribalwind »

ugh... that MOOK version completely freezes my firefox dead. i have to end-process,enter FF safemode/disable all add-ons and restart it.going to try rolling it back or removing now.
this pc is old,slow and buggy so granted maybe it's just me,but be cautious of installing this add-on. apparently it's worked fine for others though ...
firefox 3.6.13 , WinXP sp3 ,