[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Matic

One icon for multiple Gmail accounts

Post by Matic »

I have Gmail manager installed and working, but for every single email account i have a icon on the taskbar. It used to be where there was just one icon and i could right click and select the account i wanted. Having every account and icon show on the taskbar really takes up space. Any ideas on how i get it back to one icon?

Thanks!
Mutak

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.2 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by Mutak »

0.6.2 not working for me either.

I'm trying it with just 1 account. It was created back when GMail was invitation only. I have changed the password to only alphanumeric.

- Do you have "Accept third-party cookies" checked? No. And enabling it makes no difference.
- Do you have Gmail Offline enabled for the account? No.
- Do you have Google Buzz enabled for the account? No.
- Are you using a proxy configuration? No.
- Do you see any errors in the "Error Console" window? No.
- Any other funky settings that I cannot think of? GMail's new Multiple Account Sessions thing is off. Tried turning it on but still doesn't work.

It seems to authenticate with GMail correctly because I changed the account's password and then clicked Login All Accounts on Gmail Manager and it popped up asking me for the password. If I gave it the wrong one it popped up again. I gave it the correct new password and it didn't ask again. Mousing over the icon says it's logged out.
So it seems to authenticate but not get any further.

Tried disabling all other add-ons but no effect.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

Thank you to everyone for posting information on version 0.6.2... working or not. I have made some minor tweaks to the login process and will have an updated version shortly. This issue was something that I could not reproduce on my end which made it somewhat more difficult. Also, I worked on resolving the snippets parsing which I've been back and forth with on either using regular expression or the atom feed. I really like the atom feed but unfortunately it omits account information (e.g. labels, space used, formatted date, etc...). So, I am hoping this will resolve a lot of the login issues some people are seeing.

- TL
tmlong

Re: One icon for multiple Gmail accounts

Post by tmlong »

Matic wrote:I have Gmail manager installed and working, but for every single email account i have a icon on the taskbar. It used to be where there was just one icon and i could right click and select the account i wanted. Having every account and icon show on the taskbar really takes up space. Any ideas on how i get it back to one icon?

You bet. You can simply go to the options (i.e. right-click the account and click "Options...") and do the following:

"Accounts"->(select email account)->"Modify..."->"Toolbar"->"Display in toolbar:" (uncheck this option)

Now, I like multiple accounts on my statusbar (bye bye in Firefox 4) but what I would suggest is have your "main" account displayed on the toolbar/statusbar and the others hidden (i.e. by unchecking the option above for each "non-main" account). By doing this, it will allow your "main" account to always appear when starting Firefox. You can always right-click the account on the toolbar/statusbar to select another account. Also, when having one account on the toolbar/statusbar you can enable the option to "Automatically switch to account with new messages." (from "Options..."->"Toolbar") so it will always display the account with the latest message.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

- TL
Matic

Re: One icon for multiple Gmail accounts

Post by Matic »

PERFECT! Thanks.

tmlong wrote:
Matic wrote:I have Gmail manager installed and working, but for every single email account i have a icon on the taskbar. It used to be where there was just one icon and i could right click and select the account i wanted. Having every account and icon show on the taskbar really takes up space. Any ideas on how i get it back to one icon?

You bet. You can simply go to the options (i.e. right-click the account and click "Options...") and do the following:

"Accounts"->(select email account)->"Modify..."->"Toolbar"->"Display in toolbar:" (uncheck this option)

Now, I like multiple accounts on my statusbar (bye bye in Firefox 4) but what I would suggest is have your "main" account displayed on the toolbar/statusbar and the others hidden (i.e. by unchecking the option above for each "non-main" account). By doing this, it will allow your "main" account to always appear when starting Firefox. You can always right-click the account on the toolbar/statusbar to select another account. Also, when having one account on the toolbar/statusbar you can enable the option to "Automatically switch to account with new messages." (from "Options..."->"Toolbar") so it will always display the account with the latest message.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

- TL
Centman

Post by Centman »

brand404 wrote:For those having problems with Todd's v0.6.2 you can always still use mook's latest version -- works with multiple accounts (i'm using 10) and you can leave Buzz on if u need it.
Download Latest GM-mook plugin (Jan 13,2011)
I am going to stick with mook's until it stops working and/or Todd finally catches up.

Btw is that you at the avatar?
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Centman wrote:Btw is that you at the avatar?

Yes that's me.
it's good to see tmlong is back on a consistent basis. Things are looking up for GM!
MilchFlasche
Location: Taiwan, an island country between East Asia and West Pacific

Post by MilchFlasche »

J-Wo wrote:Has someone got 0.6.2 working on firefox 4 beta 9? I downloaded mook's 0.6.1.3 but it can't login to my account

Before installing Mook Fix, maybe you should try deleting Gmail-related cookies first. I have always searched in the cookie pool with "mail.google" and then select those cookies all, and delete them. Then immediately install the Mook Fix (but not 0.6.2 official version unfortunately), and restart Firefox immediately, then you'll see the icons logging into Gmail or Google Apps Mail correctly.

This morning even Mook Fix has encountered some inability, but after doing the above steps again, Gmail Manager is back to life. (Still not working with 0.6.2 sadly. But it's happy to see Todd's back. Welcome and thanks Todd and Mook!)
A whole new history is beginning...
Mutak

Post by Mutak »

tmlong wrote:Thank you to everyone for posting information on version 0.6.2... working or not. I have made some minor tweaks to the login process and will have an updated version shortly. This issue was something that I could not reproduce on my end which made it somewhat more difficult. Also, I worked on resolving the snippets parsing which I've been back and forth with on either using regular expression or the atom feed. I really like the atom feed but unfortunately it omits account information (e.g. labels, space used, formatted date, etc...). So, I am hoping this will resolve a lot of the login issues some people are seeing.

- TL

Great. Can't wait to get back to normal gmail life.

If this update doesn't fix it, to help nail the problem down you could release a version that outputs debugging info to the error console and we can tell you what we see.
josephandrews222

Post by josephandrews222 »

tmlong wrote:Thank you to everyone for posting information on version 0.6.2... working or not. I have made some minor tweaks to the login process and will have an updated version shortly. This issue was something that I could not reproduce on my end which made it somewhat more difficult. Also, I worked on resolving the snippets parsing which I've been back and forth with on either using regular expression or the atom feed. I really like the atom feed but unfortunately it omits account information (e.g. labels, space used, formatted date, etc...). So, I am hoping this will resolve a lot of the login issues some people are seeing.

- TL

I LOVE gmail manager...and 0.6.2 works for me with Firefox 3.5.x and 3.6.x...on XP and 7premium32bit and 7premium64bit. Gmail manager has not been working and it really interrupts my workflow. I plan to donate via PayPal if it continues to work for awhile...

I LOVE gmail manager. Thanks so much for the update.
Centman

Post by Centman »

Version 0.6.2 is not working on my work either. Here I have winxp. @ home win7 64bit.

Multiple accounts still not work, and click to open AND login gmail is not working either.

Mooks version works fine heren on WinXP.
internero

Post by internero »

- TL

Todd,

I've enabled debug on gmail manager and found that, for some reason, on both @gmail.com accounts that I have, the code is trying to parse information from the gmail page that actually contains email information (i.e. the last page we see after a successfully login, with inbox, buzz, labels and all other information). But the debug dumps the 'loading' page (I have the 'Inbox preview' labs enabled on both accounts), so two regexp fails and gmail manager repeat all login process again, failing again and giving up with a 'cannot login' message.

In the same computers I have four gmail apps accounts and all of them are working perfectly (some have the 'inbox preview' labs enabled, some not).

welcome back again and I hope this can help you solve the problem.

[]s'

internero
Pychon

Post by Pychon »

Welcome back and hope you enjoyed your well deserved hiatus :) TL!

Appreciate the update. This is a trivial request compared to what you have on your plate currently. However, how can one change the color scheme for the alert window? It's very unreadable.

PS.. for those experiencing problems, try renaming your @gmail.com alias and email to @googlemail.com in GM.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

internero wrote:I've enabled debug on gmail manager and found that, for some reason, on both @gmail.com accounts that I have, the code is trying to parse information from the gmail page that actually contains email information (i.e. the last page we see after a successfully login, with inbox, buzz, labels and all other information). But the debug dumps the 'loading' page (I have the 'Inbox preview' labs enabled on both accounts), so two regexp fails and gmail manager repeat all login process again, failing again and giving up with a 'cannot login' message.

Yeah, I believe that is the issue for those whose version 0.6.2 (and most likely past versions) is not working. I have made some tweaks to the login that should resolve this issue which is currently being tested now. I am not sure if this is country specific or some funky cookie issue or perhaps both... I did get some debug information from a couple of other users, which I can't thank enough, and received the same results you are seeing.

- TL
Centman

Post by Centman »

@tmlong Please have a look at gmm with following.

When I ad more accounts than 1, the previews are next to each other in the taskbar, and not above.
Some posts ago we have discussed this also.

If you can fix these 2 problems, login and position, a lot of people are happy.
If the version name change (o.6.3) please let it be visiable in the gmm menu somewhere.
Like the section help.

Version 0.6.3 etc.