[Theme] Phoenity Modern

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sevneo

Post by sevneo »

Thank you very much !!

This theme is now perfect for me i like it so much

You make good job =D>
Stardance

Phoenity Modern 0.5.20060212 (February 12, 2006)

Post by Stardance »

Sun Java reports that the version 0.5.20060212 .JAR file is corrupt; it can't install the theme.
nil carborundum illegitimi
Stardance

Post by Stardance »

Sorry: the location of the corrupt file is the Mozilla Update link given on the creator's home page. There appear to be many links to the file on various pages, and I haven't made copies of the URLs of the pages.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Stardance

Post by Stardance »

My apologies!! Although it is true that the installed JRE reports that the file is corrupt, I should not be attempting to install the theme by running the Java console (-?-). It works if I use Firefox Tools -> Themes to call up the list of installed themes, and use the Install button to point to the file for the theme that I want to install.
James

Post by James »

Moved to "Extension/Theme Releases" per request from Kuden.
tdwis

Post by tdwis »

I'm running Firefox 2.0b1 and have downloaded phoenity_modern-0.6.06.07.11-fx.jar, but get "Invalid or corrupt jarfile" when opening it.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

@tdwis

First, please try the installation from the network.
Next, the jar file might be broken, and download it again.
tdwis

Post by tdwis »

Thanks. Drag and drop installation worked.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

The concealment setting is quietly taught you.
If you add the following code to your user.js file, you can get the Extension/Theme local installation button on Add-on Manager.

Code: Select all

user_pref("extensions.hideInstallButton", false);
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

I just noticed this thread. Man oh man! I've always been a big fan of Phoenity Modern. Just installed it and am using it on:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060714 BonEcho/2.0b1 - Build ID: 2006071404

I'll be installing it on XP (whenever I get around to logging on to XP).
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Hi, Uncle Spellbinder.

I'm glad to hear that.
When you find the problem to this theme, feel free to report any issues.
Beastie7

Still not working (or at least not as well as it should)

Post by Beastie7 »

I've tried all of your suggestions, and the theme still won't install. I can't even get the "install" button someone mentioned - and anyway, in firefox 1.5.0.4, there is no "add-on manager." There are two separate managers, one for extensions and one for themes. Any ideas?
Hold that thought. When someone said drag and drop, I thought they meant you could drag the link into an open firefox window - not that you had to drag it into the theme manager. It works if you actually drag the link from the webpage into the theme manager. But why is this required? And where in the world is my install button? (I'd like one, but I can't seem to find it)

I've been to these forums many times before, but never bothered to join before now. As this is my first post, I would like to humbly thank this community for existing - it's provided invaluable assistance to me countless times.

-Beastie
James

Re: Still not working (or at least not as well as it should)

Post by James »

Beastie7 wrote:I can't even get the "install" button someone mentioned - and anyway, in firefox 1.5.0.4, there is no "add-on manager." There are two separate managers, one for extensions and one for themes. Any ideas?

That was for the Bon Echo builds as in for example the Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 test release meant for testers/developers who did not want to tangle with nightlies. In Firefox 2.0 (coming out in fall) both Extensions and Themes will be under one manager Tools->Add-ons. The extensions.hideInstallButton preference will not work on 1.5.0.*

You are using the stable 1.5.0.4 which is what most users should use until they understand at least the basics of separate installs and profiles if you want to try a nighty.

To get a install button in Themes manager in Firefox 1.5.0.4 you could try the "Install New Theme" (aka: Themer) extension. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/496/

The "MR Tech Local Install" will put in a Install button in both Extensions and Themes manager in Firefox 1.5.0.4 among other things. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/421/
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Thank you for your cooperation.
My explanation does not seem to have been enough.

I think that "MR Tech Local Install" is for the power user.
"Install New Theme" only adds the install button to Themes manager.
I recommend "Install New Theme".

If you are unnecessary the install button icon of "Install New Theme", add the following code to your userChrome.css file.

Code: Select all

#installNewTheme .button-icon {
   display: none !important;
}