SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes, if it's only possible the ctrl+left click I think is better than current behavior anyway. ;)
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Would it be possible to move the spell check stuff to the context menu? I would like a keyboard method of access suggested spellings. Since the context menu is available from Windows via a dedicated key on most keyboards and SpellBound is based on an extension rather than webpages, I was hoping it might be an option.
Will Pittenger
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

It is currently in its own popup menu (e.g. left click on a misspelled word) and not the context menu (e.g. right click). Also as stated earlier, it will be changed so that it is shown on ctrl+left click on a misspelled word instead of just left click on a misspelled word. There is already a keybinding (e.g. keyboard method) for accessing the suggested spellings and it is documented in help which is available from the spellbound options window.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

What options window? Nothing happens when I attempt to access it. I thought that it was not yet enabled.
Will Pittenger
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Wow... that is a first. There is a problem fixed in the next release where it wasn't sized properly but it has always displayed even if it wasn't sized properly. I'm putting out a new release this weekend and hopefully it will work for you then. The keybinding is ctrl+space. It suffers from the same issue as the context menu when opening it with a keybinding in that it doesn't display next to the caret. There is a fix for the placement on the trunk but not for 1.5.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Will the auto-update system see your new version?
Will Pittenger
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Some posts above...
Robert S. wrote:Pete_L_P - the first post will be updated and the update rdf will also be updated so you should see there is an update available when you open the EM.
Old R.Marotta

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Robert: "<i>I'm putting out a new release this weekend</i>" - Is this still planned for This Weekend - 01-08-05?
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

It has been updated... the only things that can be seen that are different when using it are that it now uses ctrl+left+click and the options dialog *should* be fixed for those of you that were having problems with it displaying in strange sizes. Its update rdf has been updated so you should be able to check for updates in the Extension Manager to update it from the previous development version. You can not get it by checking for updates with the current release version. I am very much against adding the suggested spellings to the context menu due to it being a bit of a hack to do so in several circumstances.

DonGato - I remembered why I took the find / replace out of the editor. Adding it would place spellbound one step closer to being an editor and I don't want to support the other functions people want in an editor. I've considered creating an editor extension before but I need to focus on working on Firefox more so than on an editor or for that matter spellbound.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

What? :P
I made such question? O_o
Thanks for the new release!
sdwilsh

Post by sdwilsh »

Robert -

What is the latest version? My extension manager didn't show any updates for the extension (0.9.7.20051206).
Problem Solver
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

comrade693, 2 posts above yours, Robert S says checking for updates will not work until you update to the version released this weekend. Once updated, checking for updates will work. The version I downloaded today has an internal version number of 0.9.8.20060108.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

As it is now it's wonderful, and I could update it with the extension manager. O_O
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Couple of issues with the new version:

1 - Preferences box still stretches off the bottom of the screen some times

2- How do you "left click" on a Mac? Tried a few combos but no cigar. NOTE: I have a three button Logitech mouse.

NOTE: CONTROL LEFT CLICK ON A MAC IS THE SAME AS RIGHT CLICK ON WINDOWS.

I now have tried every modifier key combo with no luck. Would it be possible to set an option in the preferences for control left/right?
Last edited by RobertJ on January 9th, 2006, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Robert S. wrote:There is a fix for the placement on the trunk but not for 1.5.

What's the bug # on that if you have it handy? If not, I'll search later.

Thanks for the update. The Ctrl and left click combo is working well, no accidental (or unavoidable) menu activation :)