SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

I'd like to get Spellbund working on an Intel iMac. :) Is it a Firefox issue or Spellbound issue? Any ideas?
naddude

Post by naddude »

I have been successful in getting spellbound dev to run on WIndows XP with FF 1.5. But not on Mac Os X. It installs but no matter how many times I install the dict (I.e. Ca English) it fails to show up. Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Yea, that seems to be happening lately naddude. I can't get it to work on our Powerbook after reinstalling the OS. So I installed GoogleBar for spellcheck.
naddude

Post by naddude »

Thanks TwisterMC. Too bad because it works great on mt windows system (an oxymoron I know) but unfortunately it will not on my wife's
Mac. guess we'll have to wait for next version of Firefox.
PGAGA

Post by PGAGA »

Sunday 09 April 2006

TwisterMc wrote:Yea, that seems to be happening lately naddude. I can't get it to work on our Powerbook after reinstalling the OS. So I installed GoogleBar for spellcheck.

In the developer build at the beginning of this thread build, components are included for five platforms. Mac is not one of them.

With the previous releases one could install to a different platform by installing from a different operation system and replacing the files copied into the components folder with the ones from the new operating system. This is how I first got SpellBound to work with OS/2/eCS.

Phil
(Rev.) Philip G. A. Griffin-Allwood, Ph.D.
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

The developer build installed fine on a Mac up until a few weeks ago. Then the development builds stopped working with libraries. The extension still installs and seems to work, it just can't find any libraries no matter how many times I install them.
PGAGA

Post by PGAGA »

Monday, April 10, 2006

TwisterMc wrote:The developer build installed fine on a Mac up until a few weeks ago. Then the development builds stopped working with libraries. The extension still installs and seems to work, it just can't find any libraries no matter how many times I install them.

That sounds like a problem which used to plague OS/2 use of SpellBound. The FF builds always were ahead of the TB builds from which the MySpell files came. At some point FF would get too far ahead of TB and SpellBound would stop working until TB caught up. I found myself constantly testing the TB builds until one worked.

Phil
(Rev.) Philip G. A. Griffin-Allwood, Ph.D.
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

I was creating a new blog entry (using Blogspot.com). Spellbound claimed that "stays" was misspelled. However, it looks like it never saw the first 's' in "stays". (It did not have a problem for this post.) I opened the correction menu and found the first word was "stays" -- exactly what I wrote. When I selected that entry, I ended up with "sstays" -- which Spellbound claimed was correct. Like I said, it was ignoring that first 's'.

I am using SB 0.9.8.20060108 and FF 1.5.0.2.

Will Pittenger
khanjee

Post by khanjee »

is it best in working with 1.5.0.2. firefox,
or facing some problem,
( because i want to installed it, but waiting about some commet )
khan
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

khanjee wrote:is it best in working with 1.5.0.2. firefox,
or facing some problem,
( because i want to installed it, but waiting about some commet )

I'm using it with 1.5.0.2 with no problem
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
khanjee

Post by khanjee »

will some one provide me a latest download link of this SpellBound .
i be thankfull,
regards,
khan
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

khanjee wrote:will some one provide me a latest download link of this SpellBound .
i be thankfull,
regards,

go to page 1 of this thread
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
khanjee

Post by khanjee »

many thanks,.
khan
SnBr2

Post by SnBr2 »

so, i figure this would be the thread for this, but i haven't seen something about a working build for firefox 1.5.0.2. It says its not compatable.

I'm not sure precisely which information i should collect, but i hope this should do it.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/654/sb6da.jpg

Any suggestions? I've reinstalled firefox after a complete uninstall (complete with cleaning out of registry and any folder mentioned as having some config file about firefox) but same error after a reinstall.

Running XP sp2 with all the latest updates as my os.
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

@SnBr2

Go the the first page of this thread, there is a link in the first post for the development version of SpellBound. It works very well with Firefox 1.5.0.2