SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Finger78

Post by Finger78 »

Ahh thanks, that did the trick!
Soak

Post by Soak »

Finger78 are you sure your using the latest version of FireFox 1.5.0.4 ???
I thought Spellbound wouldn't work with any release after version 1.5.0.1

I had to switch back to Firefox 1.5.0.1 and use these modified Spellbound installs at http://www.cantoni.org/2006/02/18/spellbound

If anyone has Spellbound working with the latest version fo Firefox please advise on how to make it work.
kungfujoe

Post by kungfujoe »

Soak,

I've used Spellbound with 1.5.0.2, 1.5.0.3, and 1.5.0.4, and have had no problems. I used the Spellbound installs found on the first post of this thread.
Soak

Post by Soak »

Ok I have it working now with latest version of FF.:)
blogonaut

Post by blogonaut »

Installed Spellbound but the dictionary files won´t install in Firefox or Thunderbird, both latest versions. The extension manager is loaded, saying it´s being installed. A box pops up confirming the succesful installation. I click ok, then the file disappear from the extension manager. Tried a new, clean user profile. Tried dragging the file to the application window instead. Right click save, etc. Disabled security software. Restarted and Reloaded. Still haven´t got a clue to what is going on. Anyone willing to spare a moment to put me on the right path? Most appreciated.
blogonaut

Post by blogonaut »

Could the problem be that I am attempting to install the UK Engl. and Swedish language/dictionary files? Not supported?

If so, any other way to get a spellcheck function to work in Firefox/Thunderbird latest versions?
Many thanks.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

blogonaut wrote:*snip* I click ok, then the file disappear from the extension manager.

That is normal... the dictionaries are not packaged as Extension Manager extensions since the spell check code requires the dictionaries to be located in the app dir/components/myspell directory. Also see http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html where it states they won't be displayed in the Extension Manager.
James

Post by James »

In the Spellbound window look at the bottom left as there should be a language selection box.
blogonaut

Post by blogonaut »

Update: Thanks, got it, tested and it appear to be working just fine.

Robert, thanks, I noted that information but assumed I didn´t have the dictionaries since the spellchecker didn´t identify any of the miss-spelled words as missspelled. I realize that is likely just another thingy I don´t understand and not a real problem :) Hope you don´t mind pointing me in the right direction. Many thanks.

(James, thanks for coming around here as well!)
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

I still can't get a dictionary to install; anybody have any luck?

edit: nevermind (which isn't a word, apparently).
Last edited by tolremeno on June 11th, 2006, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

I need to see this fully. Just putting up a comment so it's there in the egosearch. :)
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
selvan777

This is great, but...

Post by selvan777 »

it no longer hides like it use to. My userChrome.css entry is below, can someone tell me how to modify it so SpellBound Development version 0.9.8.20060108 hides in FF v.1.5.0.4 ?

Thanks

/* Hide the 'Autofill', 'Back', 'Forward' & 'SpellBound' buttons when inactive */
#autofill-button[disabled="true"] { display: none; }
#back-button[disabled="true"] { display: none; }
#forward-button[disabled="true"] { display: none; }
#spellbound-button[disabled="true"] { display: none; }
always with the latest version of Firefox & her Add-ons
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

For the standard SpellBound button, relative to the one from previous versions:

Code: Select all

#SB-Check-TB[disabled="true"] {display: none; }

For the Inline spellcheck button:

#SB-Inline-TB[disabled="true"] {display: none; }

However, I don't use these toolbar buttons, and don't know when or if they are disabled at any point, so I don't exactly know how to test it. This should definitely hide them when/if they are disabled, though.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

Sorry but no, it still just gets grayed out. I tried SB-Check-TB, spellbound-check-tb, sb-check-button, sbc-button, and many other combos and it still refuses to hide. If it makes any difference, SB inline is on but only SB check is in the toolbar.
always with the latest version of Firefox & her Add-ons
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

selvan777 wrote:Sorry but no, it still just gets grayed out. I tried SB-Check-TB, spellbound-check-tb, sb-check-button, sbc-button, and many other combos and it still refuses to hide. If it makes any difference, SB inline is on but only SB check is in the toolbar.

Ah, sorry, those should be underscores and not hyphens in the button ids. I got a little happy with the shift key again. :P
So, that's:

#SB_Check_TB[disabled="true"] {display: none; }

P.S. Trying to guess at object ids is pointless, since there's a good chance you're pretty much never going to find the right one at random, much of the time. That's what DOM Inspector is there for (well, one of the things, anyway).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps