SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Pete_L_P

suggestion request: full use of pers dict in suggestions

Post by Pete_L_P »

Robert:

In response to your query about additional SpellBound user requests:

It seems that the logic used for coming up with suggestions treats personal dictionary entries and main dictionary entries differently.

For example:
If I type "mattractive" then attractive is given as a suggestion. However, if "activesync" is in my personal dictionary, and I type "mactivesync" then activesync is not given as a suggestion. I believe I see this frequently in various forms.

Am I mistaken about this? And if not, is it possible to apply the full suggestion logic to personal dictionary entries?

Pete
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

That has to do with the way the Mozilla spell check engine (e.g. the libraries from Thunderbird) work... I won't branch the libraries from the original due to that it is better to fix / add features to the original source and I also don't have the time to maintain a separate branch of the libraries.
Alan Baxter

Firefox crash in Spellbound

Post by Alan Baxter »

It don't recall it crashing before in Spellbound, but Firefox just crashed after I selected "Check Spelling" from the context menu while composing a MozillaZine reply.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111116
SpellBound Development 0.9.7.20051206
Talkback Incident ID TB13466479W

Thought you might want to know, Robert. I've used it several times since then with no problem.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Alan, thank you... there has been one other report but when I asked for a talkback the person disappeared which is of no help whatsoever. This being only the second report of this problem makes me think it is an interaction with another extension. Can you PM me a list of your installed extensions?

Also, if it only crashed on first use it may have to do with needing to clean out the old libraries (which is done behind the scenes). Has it crashed since then?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

PM done. Most recent extension was added yesterday afternoon: Live HTTP Headers 0.11, the enhanced version from the Extensions Mirror. No crashes since the one this morning.
boborfrank

Post by boborfrank »

The ABC (Spellbound)icon is greyed out in my navigation tool bar since installing 1.5.
Also for info so is the "Stop loading this page" in the same tool bar.
Any help please

Happy 2006

Bob Young
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

boborfrank wrote:The ABC (Spellbound)icon is greyed out in my navigation tool bar since installing 1.5.
Any help please

Happy 2006

Bob Young

Since part of the extension is installed in the "contents" of the actual application (FF), when you upgrade FF you need to reinstall Spellbound. In the past I have removed the older version of SB and then did a fresh install.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
boborfrank

Post by boborfrank »

RobertJ wrote:
boborfrank wrote:The ABC (Spellbound)icon is greyed out in my navigation tool bar since installing 1.5.
Any help please

Happy 2006

Bob Young

Since part of the extension is installed in the "contents" of the actual application (FF), when you upgrade FF you need to reinstall Spellbound. In the past I have removed the older version of SB and then did a fresh install.

tankks Robert dats fixxed it

corrected line

Thanks Robert that's fixed it
Pete_L_P

Where to look for most recent version?

Post by Pete_L_P »

RobertS

On Dec 7, I downloaded the spellbound version pointed to by the first post in this thread. I'd like to update to any newer dev versions that become available, since I'm looking forward to the changes written about here, and that you've indicated will soon be added.

I'm wondering if, when spellbound dev versions are updated, will the first post in this thread be edited to indicate the date of the most recent update, or do I need to check through the messages in this thread to catch it , or alternatively, is there some other better way for me to check for newer dev version updates ?

Thanks
Pete
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

boborfrank and RobertJ - the dev version no longer installs the libraries into the application directory though it does copy / maintain the installed dictionaries if your user account has write permissions to the myspell directory. Please DO NOT install the libraries from the SpellBound site if you are using the dev version (e.g. what this thread is about) since this could cause you problems with future releases.

Pete_L_P - the first post will be updated and the update rdf will also be updated so you should see there is an update available when you open the EM.
sdwilsh

Post by sdwilsh »

When might this become the actual version? I've been using it, and short of the multiline bug someone else mentioned, I think it works great!
Problem Solver
heyrsmith

Post by heyrsmith »

Robert:
Along with everyone else, thanks a million for the work. spellbound is truly one of those can't-live-without extensions for me. I have been using spellbound for a while now and when it broke in 1.5 I was bummed; I am elated to find this thread - thanks for putting it out there fort us to try out.

I read that a couple of days ago you asked for suggestions, so here is mine. It is one that has been on my "spellbound Wish List" for quite a while: I would like to see a "Find and Replace" option in the pop-up window. I recognize that might be too much feature creep for a "simple" spell checker, but it is about the only feature that I have ever regularly wished for in spellbound.

Thanks again for this indispensable plug-in.
Rusty
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

comrade693 - I'm trying to knock out a couple of EM patches this week and will hopefully be able to finish it up this weekend.

heyrsmith - In the editor of the dialog? I had that working quite some time ago but no one ever requested it so I just never included it to keep the code simpler. I'll see if I can find the code.

Everyone - I'm leaning towards only having an option to show the popup on ctrl+left-click due to the complexity of getting it to work with different context menus.
heyrsmith

Post by heyrsmith »

Robert:
Thanks for the swift reply. Yes, in the Check Spelling dialog box that pops up when I right-click and select "Check Spelling..."

I am not exactly sure how I would suggest implement it though: another "find" text field in the dialog that then uses the same "replace with" text field? How do I get to the dialog if there are no words misspelled (a separate right-click option to "find and replace..." along with "Check Spelling...")? How ever it works, based on some of the times I wished for the feature, it would be nice to be able to "Check Spelling" and "Find and Replace" from the same dialog.

As to the ctrl+left-click to get the inline context menu, I vote for that.

Thanks again.
Rusty
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Well, there's always the way Notepad does it (what I normally use to do that). That being a Replace button with its own dialog.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps