SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

rmpmw wrote:Great! - Looking forward to the next release!

DITTO
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
mjwood

Post by mjwood »

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:SWEET! Installation went perfectly. One of my favorite extensions got much better. And it was already an extension I couldn't live without.

My feeling exactly!

Thanks to all those who put in the time and effort.

Jeff
mjwood

Post by mjwood »

I too have noticed the left click is problematic.

Once the problem is identified.... underlined in red, I would like to be able to left click and make my own changes as the correct word isn't always listed.

Jeff
Pete_L_P

Post by Pete_L_P »

mjwood wrote:I too have noticed the left click is problematic.

Once the problem is identified.... underlined in red, I would like to be able to left click and make my own changes as the correct word isn't always listed.

Jeff

I agree. While you CAN do that with this version, it feels very uncomfortable to me to have to hit escape (or slowly click again) after each left click. I'm finding that many years of habit, make left click before editing a completely automatic set of actions. I can't seem to break the habit of left click and type.

I'd personally vote for a control-left-click option for bringing up the spellbound context menu, since another problem with right click (besides the need for establishing a focus word) is the fact that the right click context menu is already fairly full for some of us.

Pete
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Per Cusser's request a few pages back I will be adding an option to bring it up on right click... perhaps along with an option for ctrl+right-click... keep in mind that the caret doesn't move when right-clicking so you will have to first left click and then right click if the caret isn't already on the misspelled word.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Whew! I'll take it! Like Pete above, i'm struggling sometimes. Especially when typing fast (which is when most misspells happen of course) and it gets pretty annoying clicking this and that just to stick a letter in. Other than that, i'm lovin' it, thanks, Robert!
Pete_L_P

Post by Pete_L_P »

Robert S. wrote:Per Cusser's request a few pages back I will be adding an option to bring it up on right click... perhaps along with an option for ctrl+right-click... keep in mind that the caret doesn't move when right-clicking so you will have to first left click and then right click if the caret isn't already on the misspelled word.

Thanks Robert

I hope you'll consider the control+left click option as well, since that might avoid the need for an additional left click as well as handling the case of an overly full, standard context menu.

Please keep in mind that these requests don't alter the fact that for many of us this extension has become an absolutely essential part of our computer lives, or the fact that these new features are an invaluable addition. Truly

Pete
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

oops... I meant to say ctrl+left-click and not ctrl+right-click. It should be fairly simple to add this.
Pete_L_P

Post by Pete_L_P »

Robert S. wrote:oops... I meant to say ctrl+left-click and not ctrl+right-click. It should be fairly simple to add this.

Robert

That's excellent news. Thanks very much.

Pete
Pete_L_P

Has the algorithm on finding suggestions been improved?

Post by Pete_L_P »

Robert

I'm wondering if you've done any work on improving the algorithm on finding suggestions. It seems as though Spellbinder now does a much better job on finding suggestions, especially in those cases when a typo in my text ends up with an incorrect first letter.

Is this my imagination?

Pete
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

I've noticed this too Pete. Maybe we both just imagining it, but I doubt it.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

IceDogg wrote:I've noticed this too Pete. Maybe we both just imagining it, but I doubt it.

I "believe" the algorithm is part of the standard "Mozilla spell check libraries" like those used in Thunderbird and not developed by Robert. I might be wrong.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

RobertJ wrote:
IceDogg wrote:I've noticed this too Pete. Maybe we both just imagining it, but I doubt it.

I "believe" the algorithm is part of the standard "Mozilla spell check libraries" like those used in Thunderbird and not developed by Robert. I might be wrong.

IIRC
The source code for Mozilla's spell checker original came from OpenOffice, perhaps Mozilla have updated to the latest version of OO's spell checker.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Either way it's good. Nice work, whoever is responsible.
Lawrence111

Post by Lawrence111 »

Once again, Robert, nice job!

I almost think there are too many options now, but I am not complaining !

Someone mentioned using the spell check box to edit text and I would add a vote for this (IF it is not to difficult to do) because I sometimes find myself doing just this. I am running into the problem (if this is a problem) where if there are no misspelled words, I get a dialog "No misspelled words" and an "OK" button. There is no option to edit within Spellbound's window.

This is a very small issue however as the "Enable spell as you type" feature does the same thing.

One question: In Preferences/Dialog, the last line I see is "Wrap long lines in the editor". The bottom line of the square that holds, if you will, these options appears to be cut off. Is there another option below this one that I am missing?

Again thanks for this update to an already killer application.

Sincerely,

Lawrence
Ithaca, NY