"Back IS Close" extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tgrantt

Post by tgrantt »

Thanks, SMK2003 and Cal.123, for helping a useful extension continue. One caveat. Update Notifier will see the modified version, say an update is available, and reinstall the old one, (I assume) causing the error message to return.
bomb fight capitalist scramble missle worm destroy
--The NSA's going to love me!
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
tberman333

Post by tberman333 »

Cal.123 wrote:I put the new edited extension in a zip file - find it here:

http://www.fastdump.net/DOWNLOAD/a3d7b1 ... se-xpi.zip

Works fine for me!

Thank you very much. This update seems to be working!
-=Ben=-

Post by -=Ben=- »

Error at Startup:

Me, along with many other users (in Extension's discussion page), are reporting the following error at startup of Firefox.

Error Alert that displays at Firefox Startup:
Back IS Close: exception in shoutoutResponse, exception: TypeError rx has no properties
TypeError: rx has no properties

Installing a previous version of Back is Close still displays the error.
It appears that Mozilla may have changed something that affects Back Is Close, but I am not sure

Thanks,

-------------------------------------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 - Build ID: 2007100816
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

benbenben3 you just need to read the messages right above your post...you will see the answer! :)
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

tgrantt wrote:Thanks, SMK2003 and Cal.123, for helping a useful extension continue. One caveat. Update Notifier will see the modified version, say an update is available, and reinstall the old one, (I assume) causing the error message to return.

I'm sure you are correct, but we can always refuse the update. We would then have to go to the extension page to check the version #... unless the author posts a reply in this thread. I would think he would reply here but could be wrong of course.
tgrantt

Post by tgrantt »

I agree, I just wanted to point it out. I now have to decide if I change the options on Update Notifier to automatically install updates or not. <g>
bomb fight capitalist scramble missle worm destroy
--The NSA's going to love me!
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
-=Ben=-

Error

Post by -=Ben=- »

Oops! I looked, but the Forums are set up differently than I am used to, and I thought the date in the Left of each posting was the date of posting, not the date of subscription!

Thanks!
I will install the update immediately
nthomas

Fixed

Post by nthomas »

Since the update to Firefox 2.0.0.9 the startup issue seems to be fixed, without me doing anything to the extension.
Cal.123

Re: Fixed

Post by Cal.123 »

nthomas wrote:Since the update to Firefox 2.0.0.9 the startup issue seems to be fixed, without me doing anything to the extension.

Personally I'm going to keep using the modified version with the 'no-phone' blocked. I really feel strongly about programs calling out without my permission - and this add-on does. :(

Cal
sa87

Re: Fixed

Post by sa87 »

nthomas wrote:Since the update to Firefox 2.0.0.9 the startup issue seems to be fixed, without me doing anything to the extension.

you'll probably also notice that the domain name diffenbach.org is now resolving correctly.

THAT is what fixed this issue, not the release of a new FF version.

@Cal.123 I agree entirely, and thanks for the alternate download location, I've incorporated the "quiet" version in my builds here. Cheers!
-=Ben=-

Post by -=Ben=- »

I would like to see the Back Is Close extension to Acknowledge the Hotkey (Hold Shift and Mouse Scroll Up/Down) This hotkey navigates back and forward, but when at the root, it does not close the tab.

Thanks

------------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 - Build ID: 2008020121
Adster2000

Post by Adster2000 »

I think it would be amazing if this extension was updated to work with Firefox 3.0! ;-(
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Agreed!
sa87

Re: "Back IS Close" extension

Post by sa87 »

FWIW I've tried to make it work by using the standard "install.rdf" maxversion hack, but it fails...

We're going to have to wait for an official update!
menet

Re: "Back IS Close" extension

Post by menet »

+1 :oops:

Regards :wink: