[Ext] Firefox Showcase 0.9.1 : 1-16-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joseprio

Post by joseprio »

topherfx wrote:Hello Josep,

I'm using your showcase in the sidebar for just a week now and I love it. It's the best thing that happened to firefox besides mouse gestures.

But I'd like to come back to a point someone else mentioned before: Right now you are using the space for the thumbnails in the best way possible. I'd wish that I could set a size and then they'll start top left (depending on the width of the sidebar in rows) and then directly attached the next row. It's just slowing me down if the Thumbnais are moving...I can't just go to the left and click on one position to get for example the newspaper site but I have to search for it depending how many Tabs are open.

It would be a great improvement for the workflow especially with the sidebar.

Greets to Rio
Chris

I know what you mean, and you're not the first person to request this. There's an easy workaround for this: in the Showcase settings panel, "Sidebar" tab, toggle the "Always show scrollbar" checkbox. You'll loose a little width, but thumbnails will always be at their place :)
joseprio

Re: Recognize selected Thumbnail

Post by joseprio »

David.P wrote:Hi again Josep,

first of all many thanks for the continued maintenance and development of FF-Showcase! I feel sort of disabled and blind if at times I can't use it for some reason ;)

Just one little glitch I seem to experience, I never seem to be able to recognize which thumbnail represents the currently visible tab! I always have to squint my eyes and identify the thumbnail that has bold text since this bold text seems to be the only distinguishing feature between the active and the non active thumbnails.

Therefore, I was wondering whether there was a way to make the thumbnails change color if active (similarly like when selected, maybe only in a different color)?

Thanks already for your consideration,
David.P

You should modify your userChrome.css file (more information about it at here ) to add:

Code: Select all

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] {
background-color: Highlight !important;
}

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] > caption {
}

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] .thumbnail-title {
color: HighlightText !important;
}

Several people have asked about this, so I'll be adding this to the "Tips & Tricks" section of the online manual.
CORaven

A request

Post by CORaven »

Hi joseprio,

I have to say that you rawk. I have some extensions for firefox, but yours is the one that I use the most often and I easily prefer.

I have been using this extension for quite some time now but I have had one problem. I mainly use the feature for forums and text based mmos (nothing major). I have found that upon using it, it creates a still image of the tab and the only way to update it is to either exit and re-enter the tab viewer, or to refresh the page. for example a text countdown appears as the last digit before press the tab showcase button, or an animated .gif is frozen in time.
Is it possible to have all tabs tab, or a selected tab, to not take a still image and show the actual page?

CORaven
joseprio

Re: A request

Post by joseprio »

CORaven wrote:Hi joseprio,

I have to say that you rawk. I have some extensions for firefox, but yours is the one that I use the most often and I easily prefer.

I have been using this extension for quite some time now but I have had one problem. I mainly use the feature for forums and text based mmos (nothing major). I have found that upon using it, it creates a still image of the tab and the only way to update it is to either exit and re-enter the tab viewer, or to refresh the page. for example a text countdown appears as the last digit before press the tab showcase button, or an animated .gif is frozen in time.
Is it possible to have all tabs tab, or a selected tab, to not take a still image and show the actual page?

CORaven

No, it can't... however, one thing that could be done is to refresh the thumbnail at user defined intervals. For instance, if you would set it at 1 second, it would refresh very often. Would that do the trick, for you?
Last edited by joseprio on January 30th, 2008, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
CORaven

Post by CORaven »

joseprio wrote:
CORaven wrote:Hi joseprio,

CORaven

No, it can't... however, one thing that could be done is to refresh the thumbnail at user defined intervals. For instance, if you would set it at 1 second, it would refresh very often. Would that do the trick, for you?

Kind regards,
Josep del Rio

thank you very much. that should do the trick.
how do I go about doing this?

CORaven.
joseprio

Post by joseprio »

CORaven wrote:
thank you very much. that should do the trick.
how do I go about doing this?

CORaven.

It's not implemented yet... I'll be working on it, and make a post once there are more details :)
CORaven

Post by CORaven »

ok, thank you man
David.P

Re: Recognize selected Thumbnail

Post by David.P »

joseprio wrote:You should modify your userChrome.css file (more information about it at here ) to add:

Code: Select all

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] {
}

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] > caption {
}

.thumbnail[selectedtab="true"] .thumbnail-title {
color: HighlightText !important;
}

Thanks Josep,

that did it! Now, finally it's easy to recognize the active tab - thanks!

David.P
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

Hello, sorry if this has been asked, but is there a way to make the drop down arrow at the end of the tab bar open Showcase in a new tab instead of a new window?
joseprio

Post by joseprio »

Deadman36g wrote:Hello, sorry if this has been asked, but is there a way to make the drop down arrow at the end of the tab bar open Showcase in a new tab instead of a new window?

Yes :) go to Firefox Showcase options panel, and in the "Advanced" tab, change the value of "List all tabs button invokes" to the one you want to use.
drakecaiman

Post by drakecaiman »

Is there a way to hide the search field in the Showcase Sidebar. I rarely find myself using it on purpose and wouldn't mind the extra space.
joseprio

Post by joseprio »

drakecaiman wrote:Is there a way to hide the search field in the Showcase Sidebar. I rarely find myself using it on purpose and wouldn't mind the extra space.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, there's a way: open "about:config", and change the value of the "extensions.showcase.sidebarFindBarMode" configuration property to "2". "0" will always show the search bar, "1" will disable it for good, and "2" will allow you to toggle it (like in the other Showcase modes).
Zilvermeeuw

Re: [Ext] Firefox Showcase 0.9.1 : 1-16-2007

Post by Zilvermeeuw »

Hi!

At home I use showcase. It'very nice!

At work I am behind a firewall. Here I try to install showcase by dragging the xpi file to firefox, but firefox says: "Firefox Showcase 0.9.4.8 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.".

How can I solve this?
buzmeg

Post by buzmeg »

This is a great extension. However I'm miserly as far as space on a toolbar. That said, is there a way to reduce the descriptive text displayed below your icons, (i.e. How do I truncate "Showcase All Windows Tab" to "ShowAll")?

How can this be accomplished?
Last edited by trolly on July 8th, 2008, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed formatting.
defjam21333

Post by defjam21333 »

To the creator of Link reporter:Could you please update Link Reporter so that it can be used in Firefox 3 without compatibility overriding.This is a very useful extension that has saved me a lot of time and again it is too useful,so please update it.I cannot use it in override mode as it messes up other older tweaked extensions..Hope you update it soon..Thanks in advance.. :wink:
Ps:i posted in this thread as link reporter doesn't have any contact info(at least not that i know of) except for its addon page.sorry.