[Ext] Firefox Showcase 0.9.1 : 1-16-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
eric.azur

Re: [Ext] Firefox Showcase 0.9.1 : 1-16-2007

Post by eric.azur »

Hi
I discover your nice extension this day. It's a great stuff.
But when I try to make one bookmark I obtain a window with this message :
"ReferenceError: BookmarksUtils is not defined"
or if I try to make several bookmarks, nothing happen.
I search in bookmarks.js, in showcase.jar ... but for now I can conclude nothing.
I'm on Firefox 3.0.1. I don't see anyone to talk about that. If you have an idea it would be nice.
Thanks =D> =D> =D>
mayabelle

Post by mayabelle »

Great add-on - I'm addicted to it! ;-)

One suggestion...

It would be nice if you could add most-recent-ordering for Ctrl+Tab functionality (switching tabs in most recent order via Ctrl+Tab). I know that other FF extensions already do this (Ctrl Tab, Tab Catalog, Last Tab, etc), but they all have too many features that I don't need, mostly because I already have those features in Firefox Showcase.

I hope that Ctrl+Tab switching in most recent order can be incorporated into the next release. Keep up the good work! :-)
renatosams

Post by renatosams »

Great Job. Showcase is the best tool than I found to FF.

I want to suggest only 2 things to be developed (if possible) to Showcase.

#1 - The thumbs doesn't show flash items as banner, logos, intro, videos (i.e. utube objects); and as commented before, PDF pages.

#2 - The Side Bar could have a TOP or BOTTON or RIGHT versior. It's fixed into the LEFT side. We can't move as "windows tool bar". It would be great!!

I really appreciate your comments about it.

Thanks for be a Free Developer.

RS
gclowney

Post by gclowney »

Hi! I want to say thank you for a wonderful Firefox add-in!

Still, I'd like to suggest a few features that would make it even better for me:
  1. I would greatly appreciate the ability for the Showcase Sidebar and Showcase Window to display the full names of the tabs, rather than only the first 20 or so characters.
  2. I'd love the ability to switch between the current Thumbnails view and List and/or Details views that would be equivalent to that provided by Windows Explorer or the Macintosh's Finder. (I'm not sure whether it would be more useful as a list allowing multiple selection or as a hierarchical tree view like in Windows Explorer's Folder pane or in the Finder's list view.) List/Details view would allow a larger number of entries at one time, and with columns one could potentially sort by date/time opened, by title, or by domain, while with a tree one could collapse or expand specific windows (or possibly domains).
  3. When I press the keyboard shortcut to display the Showcase Sidebar, I still have to use the mouse to click on the Find field before I can start entering text. It would be nice for keyboard users if the focus automatically moved there, either always or as a user preference setting.
Thanks again!
hughitt1

Post by hughitt1 »

Great extension!

One problem, however: The default keyboard shortcut Showcase uses (F12) is the same as Firebug's. Furthermore, because the keyconfig
add-on is required to modify the shortcut keys, and because that plugin could not be installed on my version of Firefox (3.5, Gecko/20090709 Shiretoko/3.5.1pre),
it is not possible to fix this issue.

Ideally, support for chosing the shortcut key should be included, and not require a second add-on.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Keith
lars_huttar

Re: disabling the previews

Post by lars_huttar »

joseprio, Wed 19th Dec 2007 4:16pm wrote:
lars_huttar wrote:
Old joseprio wrote:Of course, there's the option to disable the previews. As it's not difficult to implement, I'll make sure to add this option in a future release. However, I'm not really sure on how nice will it look... I'll make a post on this thread once I release a version with this feature, so people is aware of it :)

Anything to report on this feature?

Not yet, but I'll do my best to include it on the next release ;)

Is there any news on this feature yet?

Thanks,
Lars :-"
raymm

Post by raymm »

Showcase in Tabs -- boxes just show default color, don't show thumbnail of tab.

How can I get Showcase to show thumbnail of tab?
cfredflyu

Post by cfredflyu »

HOW TO UNINSTALL SHOWCASE....DON'T NEED IT....THANX.....VINCE
josephrot

Post by josephrot »

RE: Showcase needs in order to work on SeaMonkey 2.0

Greetings...

Well, from one Joseph to another...

Might a hopefully slight change or mod by you allow Showcase Showcase 0.9.5 (OR) Showcase 0.9.5.1 to work on SeaMonkey 2.0 ?

The results of trying to install SeaMonkey Showcase 0.9.5 (Special version of Showcase for SeaMonkey) onto SeaMonkey 2.0 are shown in the below message "Message taken from inquiry in the Seamonkey Discussion Forums", taken from inquiry in the Seamonkey Discussion Forums, below my signature.

With Showcase working so well on Firefox 3.5.x, having it also work on SeaMonkey 2.0 would almost certainly bring in more donations if not outright recommendation and support.

Thank you again for Showcase, and hoping to hear any reply RE: SeaMonkey 2.0.

Joe

Joe Rotello / Founder / WindowGroup / KNOXVILLE, TN / USA / Voice: +1 (865) 521-6900 / Skype josephrot / Est. 1970 Technology Translators / Trainers / Consultants / Electronic Web and Video Publishers / http://www.windowgroup.com

Offices Address: Cunningham Windows Building, 800 E. Magnolia Ave., Knoxville, TN 37917 USA

---------------------------

Message taken from inquiry in the Seamonkey Discussion Forums

Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:38:00 +0800
Subject: Re: SM 2 SeaMonkey Showcase 0.9.5

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:03:18 -0500, INFO WG wrote:
> Philip...

>>Does this not work for you?
>><http://showcase.uworks.net/download.html>
>>
>>"SeaMonkey Showcase 0.9.5 (Special version of Showcase for SeaMonkey)
>>*DO NOT INSTALL ON FIREFOX*" >>
>
> No, the XPI resulting from the link:
>
> http://showcase.uworks.net/seamonkey_sh ... 9.5-sm.xpi
> will not install into SM 2.0 (Windows). It just generates the following error dialog:
> ==================
> SeaMonkey could not install the file at
> http://showcase.uworks.net/seamonkey_sh ... 9.5-sm.xpi
> because: Install script not found
> -204

> ==================
> Sounds like it ALMOST works, though.

Ah. Looks like that version is only for SeaMonkey 1.1. The new SeaMonkey
2.0 uses the same extension manager and APIs as Firefox 3.5.4.
Annoyingly the Firefox version almost works as well, just a different
"almost". Someone should email the author and remind him that SM 2.0 is
much closer to Firefox 3.5.x.

Phil
--

Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
Joe Rotello
Humble Wacky Person
pandoramon

Post by pandoramon »

Help!! Showcase dont show on windows view and tab view but no problem on sidebar. how to fix this?

patfla

Post by patfla »

Hi, Showcase is very useful - thanx.

Is there some way of persisting the default value of the search type? As in, one of: in Title, in Location, in Content or Anywhere.
em28

Post by em28 »

Hi.
I was looking for a replacement for the mighty TabSidebar extension that will no longer update.
AS for FF3.6 it is still working fine but with 3.7 it doesn't work at all.

I'm throwing u the towel, Pls make Showcase the successor of TabSidebar, It is almost there !!
What am I talking about ?

Well,
I tried to use showcase along with All-In-One-sidebar but I couldn't configure it to RTL FF.
U see, in Hebrew we use the sidebar on the screen right side - therefor buttons should place on the thumbnail's left side so it can be seen.

Tab Sidebar had features for placing the thumbnail on right or left sidebar and the important buttons (close, refresh/stop, back) on the thumbnail's left side, along with scrolling the side bar with mouse and thumbnail auto adjust to sidebar width.

Will u be kind to consider those features on future version ?
I'm attaching screenshot of the final result, I think it would be very nice features to have on Showcase.

JoopWisse

Post by JoopWisse »

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for making this fantastic extension.
This is definitely the ultimate successor to the famous (but sadly now unsupported) Tab Sidebar extension.

Although Showcase is nearly perfect I would like to make a few suggestions:

- Make it optional to have the Sidebar on the right side (like it was possible in Tab Sidebar)

- NOT distributing the preview thumbnails in the sidebar but just have them under each other without spacing (As an option?)

- Make it possible to roll-up individual thumbnail preview (sort of a winshade mode) so that only it´s titlebar is visible. This would make it a fantastic tool to keep an eye on some open pages without being distracted by others.

Just my two cents,

Keep up the good work,

Joop
ScuseMe

Post by ScuseMe »

I just discovered your extension and I love it! It's just the thing I've been looking for to find all the tabs I have open, and to arrange them when they get out of order.

Unfortunately, I've had Firefox Showcase crash Firefox 3 times since installing your extension yesterday. It happens when I'm using window view, and hit the close button. The whole browser crashes. I'm on Firefox 3.6.12 on OS X 10.6.5 .

I've uninstalled your extension for now, until this bug is fixed.
em28

Post by em28 »

Any news from showcase developer ?