[Ext] Firefox Showcase 0.9.1 : 1-16-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

joseprio wrote:
torstenburschka wrote:found a bug :-(

but only in combination with "Tab Mix Plus" (v0.3.0.3)

sometimes, i don't know the exact reason (atm i think it's happend, when i load preview of this window while another tab is loading), he jump to the wrong tab. the "quickinfo" & link over the window is correct, but after clicking, i get another tab.

can somebody verify that?

i upload my prefs of tab mix plus @ http://fantasquad.de/files/prefs

I'll be looking into it, and write back when I find something ;)

Ok, got it. It happens when you use "Showcase This Window", and you've some tabs loaded after showcase window. When you select one tab that is after showcase, it will choose the one after the one you selected, since the position of the tabs will change after Showcase tab is closed.

It's easy to solve, but you'll have to wait for the next version... that should be in about 2 weeks. Meanwhiles, you may disable the Showcase embeddedding in a tab in the "Window" menu... If you want, I can send you a "preview" of Showcase 0.5.8, which has some nice features already implemented. Unfortunately, it's only available in english, but if that's ok for you, I'll send you that version as soon as I've fixed this bug.
torstenburschka

Post by torstenburschka »

wow, that was really fast :-)

it would be really great, if i can get a preview, thx!!!
emvious

Post by emvious »

Great extension. One (hopefully small) request I have is to be able to zoom a window using a CTRL-click or some other key combination (or just a key to zoom the tab that the mouse is currently over). My laptop does not have a middle mouse button, and cursoring to the tab using the arrow keys and hitting space is a little cumbersome.

It would be more natural to move the mouse to the window, and then have some way of zooming the tab that the window is over. This could be just a keypress, or a modifier key combined with a mouse click.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

emvious wrote:Great extension. One (hopefully small) request I have is to be able to zoom a window using a CTRL-click or some other key combination (or just a key to zoom the tab that the mouse is currently over). My laptop does not have a middle mouse button, and cursoring to the tab using the arrow keys and hitting space is a little cumbersome.

It would be more natural to move the mouse to the window, and then have some way of zooming the tab that the window is over. This could be just a keypress, or a modifier key combined with a mouse click.

That's not something I thought about... I think I'll add more mouse actions (shift click, alt click, control click...) in the version after this one, since the current version is already finished and submitted to the translators. Well, now you can assign zoom to the left click, and then select that thumbnail using right click->select. Oh, one interesting thing for this version (0.5.8) is that you can easily assign mouse over zoom higher than 100%... people seem to love the 150% setting, by the way. I think you may want to use this new functionality until alternative mouse actions are available.

I guess that the new version will be available by friday or earlier!
RenegadeX

Post by RenegadeX »

emvious wrote:Great extension. One (hopefully small) request I have is to be able to zoom a window using a CTRL-click or some other key combination (or just a key to zoom the tab that the mouse is currently over). My laptop does not have a middle mouse button, and cursoring to the tab using the arrow keys and hitting space is a little cumbersome.
FYI: most laptops have a touchpad or 'pointer' ustility that allows you to assign middle-click to either a tap on a specific area of the touchpad, and/or for buttons, 'left-click+right-click = middle-click'. Many of the better touchpad utilties (if your notebook has a touchpad instead of a pointer) allow you to use the edges of the pad as a 'vitual wheel'.
emvious

Post by emvious »

RenegadeX wrote:FYI: most laptops have a touchpad or 'pointer' ustility that allows you to assign middle-click to either a tap on a specific area of the touchpad, and/or for buttons, 'left-click+right-click = middle-click'. Many of the better touchpad utilties (if your notebook has a touchpad instead of a pointer) allow you to use the edges of the pad as a 'vitual wheel'.

Yes, but using a tap zone on the touchpad does not allow you to hold the "mouse button" down, it only registers as a tap (with my software, at least). I also can't configure 'left-click+right-click = middle-click'. I can configure the buttons below the touchpad as middle mouse, but they are very difficult to reach. I have both a trackpoint and a touchpad, and just use the trackpoint.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

My extension won the "Best Use of New Firefox 1.5 Features" award in the Extend Firefox contest:
http://www.extendfirefox.com
http://www.mozilla.com/press/mozilla-2006-03-02.html

Too bad 0.5.8 is not ready yet... I hope everything will be ready this weekend. Meanwhiles, I've uploaded some screenshots of the new version to the gallery section of Showcase website:
http://showcase.uworks.net/gallery.html
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

joseprio wrote:My extension won the "Best Use of New Firefox 1.5 Features" award in the Extend Firefox contest:
Congrats!

Phil
freeman3

Post by freeman3 »

i though its useless until i figured out that you can set thumbnail size to more than 100%
you should set it by default to 200% and avoid to move the preview out of view
good work
Old joseprio

Re: Firefox Showcase 0.5.8 : 3-11-2006

Post by Old joseprio »

joseprio wrote:Showcase is an extension thought to easily locate and select any open browser window in your system.
Description - Screenshots - Download

Changelog for this version:
- Improved support for "mouse over zoom" for values over 100%. 150% seems to be the best value for this functionality.
- Added support for IE Tab. An IE icon will be shown instead of a blank thumbnail, and URL will be correct.
- Added information about the number of windows and tabs shown in Showcase in the title.
- Added references to KeyConfig as the way to configure shortcuts in the Showcase options dialog.
- New toolbar iconset that integrates better with Firefox default theme.
- Added separate buttons for window, tab and sidebar modes.
- Keeping "Shift" pressed while clicking on a showcase button will switch it's context (local to global or the opposite).
- Keeping "Control" pressed while clicking on a showcase button will switch it's mode (window to tab or the opposite).
- Improved plain style label visuals.
- Added key shortcut on Showcase window to access to configuration (Alt+O)
- Added Seamonkey support. The xSidebar extension (by Philip Chee) is required for Showcase to work properly in SeaMonkey. Configuration can be invoked using the Alt+O shortcut, but it will fail the first time, so close it and open again.
- Solved a minor bug that prevented the update of Showcase thumbnail title after a tab is loaded.
- Solved a minor bug related to selecting the wrong tab when using embedded mode.
- Icons are no longer stretched if font is too big.
- Loading icon will show when label is in "box" mode.
- Solved console warnings when using strict mode.
- Added locales for chinese (zh-CN, by rickcart), greek (el-GR, by moz.sf.net), polish (pl-PL, by Leszek(teo)Życzkowski), russian (ru-RU, by Eugene), japanese (ja-JP, by Kiyotaka Uehara) and catalan (ca-AD, by Racó Català).

Well, new version is released :)

Next "stable" version will take more than the previous versions, but I'll be releasing "unstable" versions in my website in a weekly basis. Also, I added a list of the stuff that I'll be adding in the Features section of my website.
yruf

little suggestion

Post by yruf »

It took me a while to find out the shortcut for using the extension. It would help massively, to simply tell about F12 (and Shift+F12, what's the difference anyway?) in the Options/Shortcuts Dialog.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Makes sense, and you're not the first to ask for that, so I'll add that in the new version!

About the difference between F12 and Shift+F12, F12 is "global" Showcase and Shift+F12 is "single window" Showcase. "Global" Showcase will show thumbnails of all opened navigator windows, and "single window" will show thumbnails of the window that you invoked Showcase from.
xinvar

Bug report

Post by xinvar »

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful extension!

Here's my bug report.

My system: Windows XP Professional, Firefox 1.5.0.1 (Portable Version, running on a USB drive).

When there's only one tab open, and I click this preview in the side bar from showcase sidebar window, firefox crashed. I tried this several time.
Old joseprio

Re: Bug report

Post by Old joseprio »

xinvar wrote:First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful extension!

Here's my bug report.

My system: Windows XP Professional, Firefox 1.5.0.1 (Portable Version, running on a USB drive).

When there's only one tab open, and I click this preview in the side bar from showcase sidebar window, firefox crashed. I tried this several time.

Just tried it, but it won't crash...

Can you contact me by email or PM and send me a list of your installed extensions? You may use InfoLister extension for that. Also, it would help if you could tell me if there's any configuration parameter you modified...
Micke_h

Post by Micke_h »

Thank you for a great extensions, really love it. Especially the newly designed icons, they really fit well with the default theme of Firefox.

In the new version you also added custom colors for tab view. I nice thing but, is it possible to make it not apply on the "tab" itself and to apply on the background of the text? Maybe it is just me but I think it looks kinda ugly this way when it is turned on =(

// Micke