[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Foxzilla

Post by Foxzilla »

According to Mozilla Update this Extension is no longer available:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... on=firefox

Incompatible Extension or Extension No Longer Available
The extension you requested is either incompatible with the application selected, or the version of it is no longer available on Mozilla Update.
To try your request again for a different application version, use the form below.

Anyway. On my browser (1.5) this extension looks like crap. I use Noia that is the most popular one according to the Firefox site:

Most Popular Firefox Themes

The most popular downloads over the last week.
Noia 2.0 (eXtreme), (4.45 stars, 123612 downloads)
This is a fully skinned version. This theme is based on the Noia 2.0 icon set by Carlitus.

Is there a way to make Fission to work on Noia because I can't even hardly see the text in the URL bar.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Actually I'm using the first example style in the first post (which fits decently with Winstripe). I just wanted to prove that Bloodeye's suggestion could really be implemented without any further modifications to Fission - which was not correct for the case you were using Fission in Icon-style (thus today's update).
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@Foxzilla: Fission hasn't been approved yet. That you already find references to it is a bug in AMO (see bug 325052). It should be available there somewhen next week.

As for Noia not being compatible: that's unfortunate but nothing I can or will do anything about. If your preferred theme does not support Fission, please ask the theme's author for an update. He/she alone knows best how to adapt the theme. Until that point, either do the theming yourself (see the userChrome.css hacks above as examples) or simply don't use Fission.

The problem is that Fission has to rearrange some elements in order to get the progress bar into the address bar. Most themes assume a specific order and get confused if that's not the case. This is a simple case of incompatibility which IMO should be solved by the themers.
Foxzilla

Post by Foxzilla »

Okay, thanks for this answer.
I've tried all the texts about changing things in the userChrome.css, but at no avail.
The problem is still here :o( . So I guess I just have to uninstall Fission for the time being...
Thanks for the help.
RoseCityMike

Post by RoseCityMike »

Try the Eternal Aqua theme for a theme that works great with fission.
You get the aqua progress bar as seen in the Mac browser.

link: http://www.deviantart.com/view/26250401/
Foxzilla

Post by Foxzilla »

@RoseCityMike
Thanks for that Theme. It worked fine with Fission.
But... I didn't really like the look of it. Reminded me about my old Amigacomputer and I also lost most of the icons in FF.
Guess I have to wait for better compatiblity between Themes and Extensions. I had earlier Fusion and Noia in the old FF 1.05.

But thanks for the tip, it was a nice Theme, that "Eternal Aqua Safire"
RoseCityMike

Post by RoseCityMike »

Wow!
It brought back memories of your Amiga computer ;-)
I had an old Amiga 500; loved it. Unfortunately I can't remember what the OS looked like :-)
Still, the Eternal Aqua theme rocks for me. Sorry to hear you lost icons. Not sure how that could happen.
Did you have compact menu installed?
Anyway, I'm confident that fission will continue to evolve into something awesome; it's on its way now.
Cheers!
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

zeniko wrote:@Bloodeye: My progress bar currently looks exactly as on your image. The reason you don't need additional image placeholders is that you can style the background of all elements with indiviual images. If you add the updated code from the above example into your userChrome.css, you'll see from the background colors where the different images would be placed (unless you've already moved the images into place).

Yeah...After looking into how a theme applies images to the urlbar, I realized I spoke too soon. Sorry about that. :oops: As far as using those images I posted...I'm with Fredo, their ugly as hell. Glad to see you updated it for themers.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.7</a> includes the code of the above mentioned "Fission (Status)" enhancement: The connection status is displayed in the address bar, if the hidden pref extensions.fission.textify is set. Note that the displayed status might be wrong if you switch tabs (see bug 104532).

@Foxzilla: Did Fusion really work with Noia? Anyway, have you asked Noia's developer to have a look at Fission?

@RoseCityMike: Would you mind sharing your vision for Fission? For myself it already does much more than I expected it to, so without further ideas its development might stall pretty soon...
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Please be aware that you still have labeled that XPI within the install.rdf as version 0.6.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

My bad. I accidentally uploaded the files into the wrong directory, so you actually downloaded 0.6 over again. Thanks for the note.
richwise

Post by richwise »

Great stuff, I'd like to see the iPox theme support fission.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

zeniko wrote:<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.7</a> includes the code of the above mentioned "Fission (Status)" enhancement: The connection status is displayed in the address bar, if the hidden pref extensions.fission.textify is set. Note that the displayed status might be wrong if you switch tabs (see bug 104532).

@Foxzilla: Did Fusion really work with Noia? Anyway, have you asked Noia's developer to have a look at Fission?

@RoseCityMike: Would you mind sharing your vision for Fission? For myself it already does much more than I expected it to, so without further ideas its development might stall pretty soon...

Zeniko, could u add another pref that allows just the text? Personally the p.bar on tab is sufficient but I'd like the fission status part of the extension in the urlbar without having 2 install 2 extensions.

And when u find the time or interest, maybe u could intergret it with https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... on=firefox

I know opera does this. Something like this appears in the corner [a/b|c|d] of the urlbar.

a = No. of already loaded pictures
b = Total no. of pictures
c = avg load speed (kb/s)
d = Status (either Connected, Waiting, Transferring)
Thank u so much :)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

If you want only the text, you'll have to stick to the above linked Fission (Status) enhancement or simply hide Fission's progress bar through the following entry to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#statusbar-icon { visibility: collapse !important; }

(although I'm not really sure I correctly understand your request)

As of your other request, I don't understand why you would even want to see this information (status you've already got, loading time and average loading speed are IMHO unnecessary statistics, and getting the number of already loaded pictures right seems to be too tricky even for the extension you link to). Finally, this threatens to ruin a nicely crafted interface with more and more text... ;-) So don't count on it.
nshah786

Address Bar Color Change

Post by nshah786 »

I'm using the Classic Windows theme and I was wondering how to change the color or the progress indicator in the address bar in Firefox (I've installed Fission). By default it's a dark blue with a black font, which is really hard to see. I've tried going to the Display Properties, Advanced, Selected Items and changing the color that way, but that changes pretty much everthing -- I'd just like to change the address bar to have a white font or a different color when loading a page.

Thanks,
nshah786