[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aristotle Pagaltzis

Post by Aristotle Pagaltzis »

zeniko wrote:Today's update fixes this problem.

Yup, it’s gone; most excellent. Thank you.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Branstrom wrote:I'd like to have it in another style (the text, of course, but if it's possible, the whole urlbar) when hovering a link.

With Fission 0.7.4 you can achieve this through the following code (to be added to userChrome.css):

Code: Select all

#urlbar[fission-link] .textbox-input-box { color: blue !important; }

Branstrom wrote:I'd also like the "Done" to go away :)

#fission-status[value="Done"] { display: none !important; }

Branstrom wrote:And if I'm totally going to get rid of the status bar, the icons there would have to be moved to the address bar... or maybe to the menubar, only visible on hover, or something.

I doubt that the address bar is a good place for non-site related status icons. Some extensions already offer a toolbar button in addition to the statusbar entry. As for the others, you might try your luck with an extension like Customizable Toolbar Buttons.
Branstrom

Post by Branstrom »

zeniko wrote:
Branstrom wrote:I'd like to have it in another style (the text, of course, but if it's possible, the whole urlbar) when hovering a link.

With Fission 0.7.4 you can achieve this through the following code (to be added to userChrome.css):

#urlbar[fission-link] .textbox-input-box { color: blue !important; }

Branstrom wrote:I'd also like the "Done" to go away :)

#fission-status[value="Done"] { display: none !important; }

Thanks, I should've been able to figure that out myself. :)

Bug: Dragging to the urlbar doesn't work. :-/
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Branstrom wrote:
Bug: Dragging to the urlbar doesn't work. :-/

It seems to be working for me. Any specific circumstances?
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Branstrom

Post by Branstrom »

Yeah, linkified.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

I've got mine linkified as well. I was thinking more along the lines of exactly what you're dragging to the location bar (I checked links, images, and tabs, and they all worked).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
edgarf28

Post by edgarf28 »

A 1:1 Mac OS X progressbar:

save it in your chrome folder as progressmeter.jpg

and add this code to ur userchrome.css:
#urlbar #statusbar-icon > .progress-bar {
background: url("progressmeter.jpg") repeat-x left center !important;
background-color: transparent !important;
}

#urlbar[fission="fusion"] > #statusbar-icon > .progress-bar {
background-color: #a9d2ff !important;
}
ukengb

Post by ukengb »

Some nice mods to Fission helping to mould FireFox into my ideal browser - thanks. But...

i have used brushed. since then have found a better theme...
try this:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/19147285/

Done that and am using it now. But Fission is still not right. The text drawn in the URL bar (due to 'textify' pref) is too high in the bar and not at the same vertical position as that of the actual URL, even those displayed due to 'linkify' option (which are at the correct height). How can I lower the 'textify' text?

Apart from the text alignement problem, the progress bar doesn't seem to make the same smooth progress as it does when using the default theme.

works with fission for me....(using my code)

What code is that?
Ken G i l l e t t

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Bazon

Post by Bazon »

ukengb wrote:Some nice mods to Fission helping to mould FireFox into my ideal browser - thanks. But...

try this:

Done that and am using it now. But Fission is still not right. The text drawn in the URL bar (due to 'textify' pref) is too high in the bar and not at the same vertical position as that of the actual URL

That's something which has to be done in the theme, and fission-text in URL-Bar is not yet supported in SaFire.
SaFire supports the default fission appearance, but not the extra tweaks which were included after fission 0.3.
Please have appreciation that for such a fast developing extension not every step can be followed in a theme (that would make daily updates neccesarry :wink:)

ukengb wrote:Apart from the text alignement problem, the progress bar doesn't seem to make the same smooth progress as it does when using the default theme.
That's IMHO nearly impossible, the theme has no influence on 'smoothness'...

greetings,
Bazon
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Like others themes, it's not compatible either with WellRounded ( http://wellrounded.mozdev.org/ )...
Lost User 84957

Post by Lost User 84957 »

Are you awear of bugs in some themes(flock theme, noia (extreme), noia (lite))?

Sorry if it's been discussed already.
ukengb

Post by ukengb »

Bazon wrote:
ukengb wrote:Some nice mods to Fission helping to mould FireFox into my ideal browser - thanks. But...

try this:

Done that and am using it now. But Fission is still not right. The text drawn in the URL bar (due to 'textify' pref) is too high in the bar and not at the same vertical position as that of the actual URL

That's something which has to be done in the theme, and fission-text in URL-Bar is not yet supported in SaFire.
SaFire supports the default fission appearance, but not the extra tweaks which were included after fission 0.3.
Please have appreciation that for such a fast developing extension not every step can be followed in a theme (that would make daily updates neccesarry :wink:)

Is there anything that can be done to vertically align the 'textify' text with the rest?

ukengb wrote:Apart from the text alignement problem, the progress bar doesn't seem to make the same smooth progress as it does when using the default theme.
That's IMHO nearly impossible, the theme has no influence on 'smoothness'...

I could be wrong there. It seems better today so maybe it was just the sites I was browsing at that time.

I should add that I am currently delighted with what I have got. Apart from the alignment issue above, Safire and Fission now provide a better interface than Safari:-)
Ken G i l l e t t

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

@ jammnrose and edgarf28

I've incorporated your graphics in my Eternal Aqua Safire Mod and given you both credit on the page as well as in the comments within the theme itself. I hope this is okay. The theme looks great with them applied. ;)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26250401/

Thank you, zeniko for the wonderful extension. So great to have the progress meter back where it belongs.

Edit: re-linked to smaller preview
rommels

Post by rommels »

Might want to update the first post with the new items...
I didn't realize I had to change some about:config itesm at first to make it change the previe link and the done go away.

Talk about some fast dev. I go away for a few days and BOOM!! ;p
Last edited by rommels on February 7th, 2006, 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iloveff

Post by iloveff »

Hello zeniko,

could you add a progress when a user is submitting an Html form ?

Uploading files can take a long time. Therefore it would be great if the user sees a progress bar showing the current status of his uploaded files from the html form.

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas Bley