[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

XerBlade wrote:So, it was the first thing I said, then.
Note: Location Bar [what I said] == real name for urlbar [what you said].

Hmm.

In case no one gets it (or has got it but like me is confused), with linkify set when u hover over a link, in the urlbar it shows the link in the default color. What he is requesting is that when u hover over a jscript link, the linkify text within the urlbar be displayed in another color so as to suggest its a jscript link.
Branstrom

Post by Branstrom »

XerBlade wrote:I've got mine linkified as well. I was thinking more along the lines of exactly what you're dragging to the location bar (I checked links, images, and tabs, and they all worked).

I drag links to the location bar and it just appends the URL to the very same URL that's already there from when I hovered the link before I started dragging it. It works when I drag to the current tab instead. This is quite annoying... :)

If I'm really fast (when starting the drag), sometimes I can accomplish this:

suryoyo

Post by suryoyo »

The about:config .color setting doesn't work. I've tried setting it to an html color name and number without any changes. I've tried setting it with the url address you have on the first page too and it didn't do anything. I don't have any settings in my userchrome.css either. I was wondering if it's possible to give a url(c:\program files.....*.jpg) setting in there as well. An address to a file on my harddisk, once the setting works obviously.

The other userchrome setting doesn't work for me either:
/* Different text color while the progress bar is shown */
#urlbar[fission="fusion"][progress]:not([progress="0"]):not([progress="100"]) {
color: #000000 !important;
}
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@pirlouy: This isn't currently possible without some additional JavaScript code. I'll see if I can get that into the next update.

@Branstrom: This works for me (dropping a link over the location bar opens precisely that link). Does this problem also arise with a clean profile?

@suryoyo: This could be due to a theme incompatibility, an extension incompatibility or a hosed profile. Try first the default theme and if it still doesn't work, try a clean profile.

As for using local files: you can, but the file path has to be a valid URL: url(file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/.../....jpg) - simply open an image in Firefox for getting it (in the address bar).
suryoyo

Post by suryoyo »

Ok I got the userchrome setting to work to change the text color while loading.
As far as the about:config .color setting that seems to be incompatible with my safire theme. I've tried it with the standard theme and it works.
Do you guys know how I can point that setting to a file on my hard drive? On the first page it shows how to download it from the web url(www.....)
I've tried pointing it to C:\...."*.jpg but that doesn't work.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Do "file:///C:\...\...jpeg"
The file:/// protocol, similar in function to http:// or ftp://, tells your browser it is a local file rather than one on the internet.
Also, if there are any spaces in the file path, replace them with "%20".
P.S. It's not that the setting is necessarily incompatible with the SaFire theme, it's just that that theme implements its own color for it in CSS, not using the pref, set to override whatever the extension is set to. That would be intentional on the part of the SaFire dev. It would kind of make more sense, I guess, if the theme could somehow just change the pref, if it's set to default at least, to what it wants, rather than hard-coding the color through CSS.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@suryoyo: Get <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.8</a> and point Fission to the image you want in its Options dialog.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

@zeniko - slight bug in safire themes - options of Fission only show blank background and blinking text marker. Nothing shows when typed, either. Just FYI.

Thanks for the great extension. It's only getting better and better.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

WFM with both SaFire 1.09 and Eternal Aqua Safire on an otherwise clean profile. Sure the dialog gets somewhat too tall, the progress bar doesn't look 100% right and - worst of all - the progress bar's appearance can't be changed in the dialog at all (due to some unfortunate - but maybe necessary? - !important directives), but it otherwise displays as expected.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

Weird. Progress bar looks fine here (not 100% right? Not sure what you mean there). Progress bar on EA Safire is meant to be an animated gif or another png file, not colored. Hence, the !important. Maybe I can fix that and re-upload.

Maybe I'll try a new profile and see what comes up in Fission options. Thanks for the reply.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

A-ha! I get it now. If you have fade settings for preference windows on in the configuration mania extension, fission options will not show anything. Works fine after I turned it off.

I see what you're talking about with the progress bar not being 100%. The animated gif needs different margins in the progressmeter.css.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

zerroeffect wrote:A-ha! I get it now. If you have fade settings for preference windows on in the configuration mania extension, fission options will not show anything. Works fine after I turned it off.

I see what you're talking about with the progress bar not being 100%. The animated gif needs different margins in the progressmeter.css.

Weird it doesn't work for me though. I still have a blank options window with just a cursor prompt
My Left Hand

Post by My Left Hand »

EXCELLENT extension, thank you so much!
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Some of the early Fission releases had the progress meter shown at the right of the urlbar with a bright blue margin surrounding the progress meter. Is it possible to have this same margin with Fission 0.8 with the option selected to show the progress bar at the right of the address bar? If it is possible, how would I do this?

Thank you for a fine extension.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

Well, I tried to find a solution for Eternal Aqua Safire's animated progress bar interfering with the Fission customization, but it requires an !important call, otherwise Fission takes over. So, the only way I can think of to solve this would be to default to Fission's flat colored backgrounds and make userchrome edits to give the animated gif. I don't know if that is worth it, since that's about all my theme has going for it. :P

Maybe I'll give it a try anyway and see if I get responses from anyone.