[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I've also started using Firefox without statusbar - and finally got so annoyed by bug 327604 (status text not updated when switching tabs) that I sat down and wrote a patch for it. For those of you who don't build Firefox on their own, you can download an extension applying this patch in the first post.
ul wrote:is there anything you guys can recommend for userChrome.css that will increase the bottom-border height of Firefox by 2px? (to make it easier to grab when sizing)

The following increases the bottom border by 2px (this border is however no target for sizing):

Code: Select all

#main-window:not([sizemode="maximized"]) {
   border-bottom: 2px solid threedface !important;
}

DemonicInfluence wrote:Does anybody know how to make aquatint compatible with fission?

Elric Erekose surely does (being the author of the theme in question).
ul

Post by ul »

zeniko wrote:The following increases the bottom border by 2px (this border is however no target for sizing) ...

Thanks, Zeniko.
Nobodymk2

Post by Nobodymk2 »

I like the idea but...

I think it would be nicer if it would always use the same image as the tab bar/original loader, and have an option to disable repeating vertically whilst centering it vertically.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Nobodymk2 wrote:I think it would be nicer if it would always use the same image as the tab bar/original loader, and have an option to disable repeating vertically whilst centering it vertically.

Not sure I understand you, but what you want is certainly possible through some userChrome.css magic (and certainly won't be offered as an option in the simple dialog).
Branstrom

Post by Branstrom »

Thanks for that patch, zeniko. You're a man of action.

ul wrote:
zeniko wrote:The following increases the bottom border by 2px (this border is however no target for sizing) ...

Thanks, Zeniko.

I can't get this to work.
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

I'd like to get this to work with my theme iPox, however I'm not able to quite understand how this extension works. It doesn't seem to keep my default URL background and it causes my favicons to squish in the URL bar.

I think I need more code. :)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Should this explanation and this code sample (both linked to from the first post) not be sufficient, please PM me what you've already got and I'll have a look at it.
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

I'm sorry. I missed those two links in the first post. I just took the code from the first post. ;) Thanks for the info. I'm excited to try it!
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Ok, with 13 pages of info it's hard to find stuff. ;)

Could someone point me to information on styling the bar when it's set to the right and when the connection status is on? I need to add in a background and fix the fav icon squishing issue.

When no checkboxes are checked and it's in it's default setup, I have it looking great w/iPox. (on the Mac at least haven't got a PC)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

TwisterMc wrote:Ok, with 13 pages of info it's hard to find stuff. ;)

We haven't got 200 posts and you're already complaining? ;)

TwisterMc wrote:Could someone point me to information on styling the bar when it's set to the right and when the connection status is on? I need to add in a background and fix the fav icon squishing issue.

If you display the progress bar at the right, it might/should look like the progress bar you had in the status bar. Just make sure that it's not too high. And the connection status is just a text label:

#urlbar[fission="icon"] #statusbar-icon { /* styles for iconized progress bar */ }
#fission-status { /* styles for the connection status */ }

Although you might want to style the background of the hbox containing both these elements (plus the Feed and Secure Site icons) instead of the backgrounds of the individual elements:

#page-proxy-deck + hbox { /* styles for all icons at the address bar's right */ }

This should however have nothing to do with the fav icon. Make sure that you make a distinction between style changes due to Fission's bindings (#urlbar[fission]) and those due to having the progress bar behind the address bar (#urlbar[fission="fusion"]).
Lost User 59366

Again, another great extension

Post by Lost User 59366 »

Does the progress bar's proportion of the url bar correspond to the percentage loaded and is it possible to add this readout as on the old enhanced statusbar extension?

And you would finally cement your entry into the pathenon of software gods if you could make the titlebar disappear and pop up in the url bar as a popup from mouse rollover of the top margin!
old zeniko

Re: Again, another great extension

Post by old zeniko »

tjztzu wrote:Does the progress bar's proportion of the url bar correspond to the percentage loaded and is it possible to add this readout as on the old enhanced statusbar extension?

Yes and most probably. Where do you want the "readout" to be added - and why should this extension do that?

tjztzu wrote:[...] if you could make the titlebar disappear and pop up in the url bar as a popup from mouse rollover of the top margin!

That's not within the reach of this extension. Try the Autohide extension instead.
Lost User 59366

Useful with large downloads for progress check esp. for telling the diff. between wking and frozen--could be leading edge or at end of bar --whatever--the old enhanced statusbar ext. had it floating in the progress bar just behind the leading edge. For sure now that I know the bar is more or less representative...--not a big deal --actually fixed tick marks along the url bar would work well.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

tjztzu wrote:For sure now that I know the bar is more or less representative...

It is as representative as the data Firefox provides - which is somewhat lacking (OTOH, it's probably the best you can get).
tjztzu wrote:actually fixed tick marks along the url bar would work well.

That'd be up to you to implement. Using a stretched background image for the progress meter should already be sufficient (otherwise talk to some themer to help you).

If you still want a percentage to be displayed additionally, just add <a href="data:text/javascript,%2F*%20Display%20the%20progress%20status%20as%20percentage%20at%20the%20right%20of%20the%20address%20bar%20*%2F%0A%0Aif%20(window.Fission%20%26%26%20document.getElementById(%22urlbar%22))%0A%7B%0A%09(function()%20%7B%0A%09%09var%20label%20%3D%20document.createElement(%22label%22)%3B%0A%09%09var%20iconBox%20%3D%20document.getElementById(%22lock-icon%22).parentNode%3B%0A%09%09%0A%09%09iconBox.insertBefore(label%2C%20iconBox.firstChild)%3B%0A%09%09document.getElementById(%22urlbar%22).addEventListener(%22ValueChange%22%2C%20function(aEvent)%20%7B%0A%09%09%09if%20(aEvent.originalTarget%20%3D%3D%20Fission.mProgressBar)%0A%09%09%09%7B%0A%09%09%09%09var%20value%20%3D%20Fission.mProgressBar.value%3B%0A%09%09%09%09label.setAttribute(%22value%22%2C%20(value%20%26%26%20value%20%3C%20100)%3Fvalue%20%2B%20%22%20%25%22%3A%22%22)%3B%0A%09%09%09%7D%0A%09%09%7D%2C%20true)%3B%0A%09%7D)()%3B%0A%7D%0A">these lines</a> to your userChrome.js.
Lost User 59366

:turn-l: THANKS!!! :banana::banana::banana: