[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
metai

Post by metai »

JFTR: Fission 0.8.4 doesn't work for me, at all, it's like I didn't even install it. Reverted back to 0.8.3 which works fine. Browser is Firefox 1.5.0.3 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3).

BTW: Here's my self-made animated background for the fission bar. Kinda OSX-ish but not "glassy" and using the default fission color. Works fine with any margin settings in userChrome.css.
metai

Post by metai »

Which, after posting it here, made me think: Transparent animation combined with the Fission background color setting ... lets you have an animation while keeping your color setting intact:
There's definitely room for improvement here, but that's the basic idea.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

neilio wrote:For some reason the 0.8.4 build doesn't work with the 2.0a2 release. I do not see any progress bar in the address bar, even though it worked just fine with 0.8.2.

WFM. Do you get any errors in the JS console (having set the pref javascript.options.showInConsole to true)? Or are you using a non-default theme? If so, does changing to the default theme have any positive effect (and if so, which theme were you using)? If not, does disabling some other extensions make it work (unexpected incompatibility)?

metai wrote:JFTR: Fission 0.8.4 doesn't work for me, at all, it's like I didn't even install it. Reverted back to 0.8.3 which works fine. Browser is Firefox 1.5.0.3 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3).

Could you please also go through the above questions? I've tested the new version on a clean profile with both a Firefox 1.5.0.4 and a 2.0a2 nightly and didn't see any issues.

metai wrote:Transparent animation combined with the Fission background color setting ...

Neat idea. :)
neilio

Post by neilio »

I'm using a theme I created myself. Switching back to the default theme doesn't fix the issue, however. And like metai wrote, 0.8.3 works just fine for me.

P.S. Imagehack seems to be down.
Slumming at the beatnikPad : http://www.beatnikpad.com/
metai

Post by metai »

zeniko wrote:Do you get any errors in the JS console (having set the pref javascript.options.showInConsole to true)?

No.

Or are you using a non-default theme?

No on that one, too.

For what it's worth, I have a total of 22 installed extensions (most of them pretty common, no, TBE is not one of them), cross-testing them with Fission would be a royal pain in the behind.

I've tested the new version on a clean profile with both a Firefox 1.5.0.4 and a 2.0a2 nightly and didn't see any issues.

No offense, but did you actually try the 0.8.4 with anything that's not beta?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

neilio wrote:I'm using a theme I created myself. Switching back to the default theme doesn't fix the issue, however.

In that case please check the JS console (setting the pref javascript.options.showInConsole to true and restarting first). If there are no errors, please check that none of the other extensions causes an incompatibility.

metai wrote:For what it's worth, I have a total of 22 installed extensions (most of them pretty common, no, TBE is not one of them), cross-testing them with Fission would be a royal pain in the behind.

The same as for me. ;) But if you don't feel like it, please at least make sure that it's actually an extension issue by installing Fission 0.8.4 on a clean profile and - if it works then - by posting the list of the other extensions you use...

metai wrote:No offense, but did you actually try the 0.8.4 with anything that's not beta?

Well, technically both builds I used are quite far from beta - they're nightlies. ;) But I assure you that the 1.5.0.4 nightly is in no relevant sense different from the build you use (the main difference being that it's available as a ZIP archive which doesn't have to be installed - and the rest are peanuts).
neilio

Post by neilio »

No errors in the console, though it does work with a clean profile.

As Metai said (again), I just don't have the time to try and isolate this so I'll stick with 0.8.3 for now... sorry!
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

neilio wrote:As Metai said (again), I just don't have the time to try and isolate this so I'll stick with 0.8.3 for now... sorry!

Thanks for the testing. And no worries - as long as it works for me... ;) I'd still appreciate at least a list with the extensions you're currently using though (in case I ever get bored and want to track down the issue myself).
neilio

Post by neilio »

Here's what I currently have installed:

Dom Inspector
Firebug
Fission
Greasemonkey
keyconfig
Nightly Tester Tools
Platypus
Stop-or-Reload
Tab Mix Plus
User Agent Swicher
Web Developer
menet

Post by menet »

I work right with the 0.8.3 version of Fission with FireFox 1.5.0.3.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr-FR; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3

I have tested the 0.8.4 version and like others i confirm, it doesn't work. :(

I have tested on a new empty profile with no extension and with the standard theme.
Not changing the Fission options, the green load of the page is seen on the status bar !
It doesn't show the load in the address bar like in the option show.

No errors in the console.

For French Translation, there is a typo, in the preview label, there is only one "p" in the word "Aperçu" :

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY preview.label       "Aperçu :">

Best Regards ;)
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

zeniko: any ideas here? Should be same problem with the stop-or-reload extension since I believe I'm using that code.
metai

Post by metai »

But if you don't feel like it, please at least make sure that it's actually an extension issue

I strongly believe in the system of giving and taking. You gave that fine extension, so I gave a few minutes' time and checked it out.

At first, after backing up the profile and uninstalling every one of my extensions one by one, Fission didn't start working yet. The last extension I uninstalled was AIOS (All In One Sidebar) which enables me to put the location bar into a custom toolbar below the browsers tabs. After uninstalling AIOS, I wasn't able to check Fission's state. So at the very end, I moved the location bar back to a regular toolbar.

Interestingly, Fission was working then. More interestingly, I restored my original profile and just moved the location bar to another location. Which also made it work, despite all the installed extensions. Most interestingly, it even works when moved back to its original position.

When uninstalling and re-installing Fission, it would again become inoperable until the location bar is moved.

Extensions I have in common with neilio are:
- Dom Inspector (although not showing up on the extension list)
- Firebug 0.3.2
- Fission (obviously)
- keyconfig (20050313.1), functions for keyconfig 1.3.3
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5
- Web Developer 1.0.2

Hope this helps.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Alright, I've identified at least two issues which might cause the problems observed here. Of these, the one responsible for the UI Tweaker incompatibility should be fixed. Please give this <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission-dev.xpi">testing version</a> a try and see whether the other issue is resolved as well.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Still having that issue where I have to move the Location Bar before it starts working in that testing version.
Just FYI.
P.S. The only extension I have in common with those other people with the issue is Tab Mix Plus, but I have the latest dev build of it.

Edit: Wait, actually, just opening the Customize Toolbars dialog and closing it will make it start working.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
metai

Post by metai »

zeniko wrote:Please give this <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission-dev.xpi">testing version</a> a try and see whether the other issue is resolved as well.

This version acts seriously disturbed here. It actually works in any place the location bar is sitting without moving it first. But if placed in a custom toolbar under the tabs, its background is set to "3d background" and the bar is set to "black". It also wouldn't accept changes to its settings.