[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

The progressbar works, yes, but the animated gif that I used before does not. Please see the following image:

<a href="http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/028/3/9/Eternal_Aqua_Safire_for_1_5_by_zerroeffect.jpg">here</a>

Don't know why the tab bar isn't working unless you don't have tabmix plus installed.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.7.2</a> adds another hidden pref: extensions.fission.color. Set this to any valid CSS color instead of fiddling around with userChrome.css if the color is the only thing you want to change. Note that the color can still be overruled by userChrome.css, though.

@zerroeffect: That was a glitch in v0.7.1. An update to v0.7.2 should take care of that. The problem was that Fission overruled your background settings when it was setting the color (resp. that you don't have an !important directive on the background styles).
BuddhaMonkey

Post by BuddhaMonkey »

Is is possible to apply a color gradient, similar to the one available within Download Statusbar? Can this be done with CSS? You can see this same gradient in the title bar of Feedview displayed RSS feeds or when you select a particular extension within the extensions list on Windows.

Thanks for making Fission available.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

zeniko wrote:<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.7.2</a> adds another hidden pref: extensions.fission.color. Set this to any valid CSS color instead of fiddling around with userChrome.css if the color is the only thing you want to change. Note that the color can still be overruled by userChrome.css, though.

@zerroeffect: That was a glitch in v0.7.1. An update to v0.7.2 should take care of that. The problem was that Fission overruled your background settings when it was setting the color (resp. that you don't have an !important directive on the background styles).

Thanks for the update. I'll add in the !important directive and re-up the theme later. Works great with the new update.
Bazon

Post by Bazon »

@zerroeffect:
Please click here!
(As I know you haven't done yet...)
bobch

Post by bobch »

zeniko, I'm new to this, where do I find any valid CSS color (to add to extensions.fission.color in about:config), and how would I enter it correctly in the options provided? Color is the only thing I want to change. Thanks!
Thunderbird 3.0
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Valid color values are either a name from this list or one of the #000000 values of that list. Examples would be "red" or "#FF0000" for a red background, "steelblue" or "#4682B4" for a decent blue background or "darkkhaki" or "#BDB76B" for a khaki colored background (enter the color without the quotation marks).
bobch

Post by bobch »

Ok, thanks. Do I have to create a new preference in about:config for each color let's say I want to add/choose from, so I could enable one and disable the others if possible? There seems to be no way of disabling the default setting. At least I don't understand how I would. Thanks.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

bobch wrote:Ok, thanks. Do I have to create a new preference in about:config for each color let's say I want to add/choose from, so I could enable one and disable the others if possible? There seems to be no way of disabling the default setting. At least I don't understand how I would. Thanks.

Okay:
1) Enter about:config in the location bar.
2) Go to the preference extensions.fission.color.
3) Double-click it.
4) Enter the color value you want to use.
5) Click OK.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
bobch

Post by bobch »

Alright I get it, just one color value at a time can be entered, or reset it back to default. Thanks for the help. Works fine.
Thunderbird 3.0
anon42

Post by anon42 »

zeniko wrote:<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.7.2</a> adds another hidden pref: extensions.fission.color. Set this to any valid CSS color instead of fiddling around with userChrome.css if the color is the only thing you want to change. Note that the color can still be overruled by userChrome.css, though.

Actually I liked it the way it was before with a blue gradient style progress bar. Now all I can do is create solid colors without the gradient. So how do I get the older style with the gadient back?

Using Mac OS X 10.4.4, FF 1.5.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@bobch: There is in fact only that one preference for setting a color value. However, you could add multiple colors into that entry in the following way:

Code: Select all

red /* red blue green maroon #BDB76B */

Everything between /* and */ will be ignored. Now you can simply replace the active color by copy&pasting inside the value string.

@anon42: Try using the special color Highlight.
teknoprep

Fission w/ Apollo

Post by teknoprep »

I am using the Apollo theme...and your extension bleeds over the edges. I e-mailed the author, and he said the fix would need to be in Fission, since I am using a stylized url bar.

If you have a fix, please let me know:

MikeNet.Atmega@GMAIL.com

I also have snapshots if anyone wants to see them.

Firefox 1.5.0.1 w/ Apollo 2.0.5:

http://www.spuler.us/

Thanks!
anon42

Post by anon42 »

zeniko wrote:@bobch: There is in fact only that one preference for setting a color value. However, you could add multiple colors into that entry in the following way:

Code: Select all

red /* red blue green maroon #BDB76B */

Everything between /* and */ will be ignored. Now you can simply replace the active color by copy&pasting inside the value string.

@anon42: Try using the special color Highlight.

I realize you can specify the color as hex values #rrggbb, e.g., that highlight color you showed is approximately #86d0fe. But what I asked is if there was a way to use the system default progress bar color which, at least on the Mac, is shown as a gradient, i.e., darker in the center of the progress bar and fading above and below the center toward the top and bottom of the progress bar. I believe that is what was happening in the previous version before the color control was added. If there is a way to specify this with that #rrggbb notation how do you do it? I am not that fluent in html notations :-)

Edit:

I just realized I could actually specify the extensions.fission.color as "Highlight" to get exactly the highlight color. But I still would like the standard OS X progress bar gradient. I may be wrong that the previous version actually did the gradient. If so, then specifing the color as "Highlight" is probably good enough. Maybe that's what was happening in the previous versions and I reacted too quickly.
bobch

Post by bobch »

zeniko, thanks for that tip on the color value thing. I know this might be getting past the "simpleness" of the extension but I also think it would be cool if there was a way to apply a gradient color to the progress bar. I use Win XP style, silver color scheme and minifox 0.7.3 theme. Thanks.