[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Mailde

Post by Mailde »

Hi Guys !

Is it possible to use something like this for Fission,
it would make it possible to choose much more colors ...

Keep it up, thx
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Mailde wrote:Is it possible to use something like this for Fission

Sure, just install the Rainbowpicker extension and the dialog will automatically be extended.
suryoyo

Post by suryoyo »

Zeniko, I think you mentioned earlier that there is a way to just stretch the progress bar to fit the titlebar. Using a png that would be pretty effective don't you think so. Do you know if that's possible and if you do could you share the code?

Main reason I'm asking is because no matter what I do like playing with the right margin or changing the width of the progressbar image, the progressbar doesn't go all the way to the right or fill the title bar

Btw. I'm running this on a 3.0a6 OsX version of Firefox. One last thing that I noticed is that your extension stretches the title bar about 1-2 pixels higher so that it doesn't quite align with the rounded green right arrow button right next to the title bar. In other words it causes it to not be a continous line from the title bar to the rounded button next to the title bar.

Thx very much
Last edited by suryoyo on June 10th, 2007, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
suryoyo

Post by suryoyo »

Zeniko this is a beautiful find. Could you share where you got this code from and wether it's possible to change the actual size and color of the font? The percentage on the right I mean.

zeniko wrote:
tjztzu wrote:For sure now that I know the bar is more or less representative...

It is as representative as the data Firefox provides - which is somewhat lacking (OTOH, it's probably the best you can get).
tjztzu wrote:actually fixed tick marks along the url bar would work well.

That'd be up to you to implement. Using a stretched background image for the progress meter should already be sufficient (otherwise talk to some themer to help you).

If you still want a percentage to be displayed additionally, just add <a href="data:text/javascript,%2F*%20Display%20the%20progress%20status%20as%20percentage%20at%20the%20right%20of%20the%20address%20bar%20*%2F%0A%0Aif%20(window.Fission%20%26%26%20document.getElementById(%22urlbar%22))%0A%7B%0A%09(function()%20%7B%0A%09%09var%20label%20%3D%20document.createElement(%22label%22)%3B%0A%09%09var%20iconBox%20%3D%20document.getElementById(%22lock-icon%22).parentNode%3B%0A%09%09%0A%09%09iconBox.insertBefore(label%2C%20iconBox.firstChild)%3B%0A%09%09document.getElementById(%22urlbar%22).addEventListener(%22ValueChange%22%2C%20function(aEvent)%20%7B%0A%09%09%09if%20(aEvent.originalTarget%20%3D%3D%20Fission.mProgressBar)%0A%09%09%09%7B%0A%09%09%09%09var%20value%20%3D%20Fission.mProgressBar.value%3B%0A%09%09%09%09label.setAttribute(%22value%22%2C%20(value%20%26%26%20value%20%3C%20100)%3Fvalue%20%2B%20%22%20%25%22%3A%22%22)%3B%0A%09%09%09%7D%0A%09%09%7D%2C%20true)%3B%0A%09%7D)()%3B%0A%7D%0A">these lines</a> to your userChrome.js.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

suryoyo wrote:I think you mentioned earlier that there is a way to just stretch the progress bar to fit the titlebar.

It should already do so - if it doesn't, this might be an issue with your theme. Would you mind to post a screen shot?

suryoyo wrote:your extension stretches the title bar about 1-2 pixels higher

Are you using version 0.8.8? If not: please update. If so: I'm afraid that without a Mac to actually test on there isn't much I can do about this...

suryoyo wrote:Could you share where you got this code from and wether it's possible to change the actual size and color of the font?

The code's hand-written. To change size and color, you'll just have to add the following line after the <code>var label = ...</code> line:

Code: Select all

label.setAttribute("style", "font: bold 8pt Verdana; color: red;");
suryoyo

Post by suryoyo »

Yes, I'm using 0.88. You notice it stretching up the titlebar as soon as the program starts and then it stays that way until the program is closed. After I disable fission, this doesn't happen.
stroeh

hovering doesnt work out correctly

Post by stroeh »

while opening a link in a new tab, the hovered link is still shown in the address bar of the old tab

- open hovered link in a new tab
- change to new tab
- change back to old tab
- still the goto is shown in address bar, until hovering other link

scrolling through the tabs it's irritating.
where to search for an answer? fission or firefox?
greetings

old zeniko

Re: hovering doesnt work out correctly

Post by old zeniko »

stroeh wrote:while opening a link in a new tab, the hovered link is still shown in the address bar of the old tab

This is partly expected and partly Firefox's shortcoming: when you click the link, it gets the focus ring which marks the link as active and keeps the target URL in the statusbar / address bar; however it can now happen that even though you click into the page to remove the focus ring, that Firefox doesn't reset the link target information - and thus Fission doesn't do so either.
BoneXXX

Post by BoneXXX »

Hi Zeniko thanks for this great extension. Is there anyway to make the background image stable. Such as I use a blue colour background image like safari. When the URL is loaded the address bar background goes back to the white background. What I want is, to see that blue colour background image all the time and see the white bits just when it is loading the address. Could you help me on that?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I've actually been trying to post the following on addons.mozilla.org for the past few days - unfortunately it's even less available than these forums...
zeniko wrote:I'm no fan of adding UI options for such visual details. You can still achieve that effect quite easily by adding the following line to your userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#urlbar[fission="fusion"] > #statusbar-icon { visibility: visible !important; }
BoneXXX

Post by BoneXXX »

Thank for the reply, I don't have userchrome.css file in profile folder so I created one and called it userchrome.css and put the line that you told me but nothing happened. Could you tell in bit more detailed please? If you do add it to your extension as a option it could be good for the users. By the way I user different skin then the original firefox skin, I use crystal-lite. Does that make difference?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

BoneXXX wrote:Could you tell in bit more detailed please?

Read again (hint: chrome folder) and note that depending on your OS, filenames might be case sensitive (hint: the first C has to be capitalized). Finally, changes are only applied after restarting Firefox...
BoneXXX

Post by BoneXXX »

Thanks a lot Zeniko, I did it. I really appreciated your help.
Cybertronic

Post by Cybertronic »

Would it be possible to have a fade transition visual effect after the bar has reached 100% please? :)

Also, would it be possible for the progress bar to progress smoothly rather than skipping progress? If you have a look at IE7's small progress bar at the bottom of the browser, it moves rather smoothly :oops:

Thanks for the great extension! :)
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Cybertronic wrote:would it be possible for the progress bar to progress smoothly rather than skipping progress?

I'll consider smoothing out the progress reports I get from Firefox. Currently Fission simply displays what it gets (i.e. without Fission the progress bar is equally jumpy). Before that happens, fading out at 100% wouldn't really fit, either. So that'll have to wait as well...