[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

shawn^ wrote:
zerroeffect wrote:A-ha! I get it now. If you have fade settings for preference windows on in the configuration mania extension, fission options will not show anything. Works fine after I turned it off.

I see what you're talking about with the progress bar not being 100%. The animated gif needs different margins in the progressmeter.css.

Weird it doesn't work for me though. I still have a blank options window with just a cursor prompt

Try thinking about any extensions that modify appearance, then disbling that feature. Or, you could uninstall each extension one by one and check ot see which is the culprit. :P

It's a pain, I know. I'm lucky I found the problem so quickly.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Ed1 wrote:Some of the early Fission releases had the progress meter shown at the right of the urlbar with a bright blue margin surrounding the progress meter. Is it possible to have this same margin with Fission 0.8 with the option selected to show the progress bar at the right of the address bar? If it is possible, how would I do this?

Thank you for a fine extension.

Go to the Fission options (Tools:Extensions, scroll to Fission and double-click) and check "Progress bar at the right of the address bar", and that will bring back the progress bar style used in the earliest Fission version (it was changed to the current default style in 0.2).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

<a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/fission.xpi">Fission 0.8.2</a> fixes the issue with the empty Options dialog (thanks to zerroeffect for pointing it out).

@pirlouy: What you asked for is now possible:

Code: Select all

#urlbar[fission-link^="javascript:"] .textbox-input-box { color: red !important; }

@Ed1: This sounds rather like a bug in the earlier release ;) (or rather an incompatibility with a theme). This should still be possible, although I'm not quite sure what you're precisely after. If you post a mockup image, I'll get you the styles.

@zerroeffect: I've modified the code so that Fission shouldn't take over a background-image unless the user selects a non-default image or color (in which case I'd even expect it to take over). Obviously you could also enter the URI to your background image in the Options dialog instead of userChrome.css. BTW: you could even remove all background directives from your Fission specific directives, and the progressbar should still be correctly styled unless the user specifies something different in the Options dialog.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

Thanks for the update.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it all out and updated my themes with instructions on how to use the features.

By the way, is it even possible to add a Fission options selection to the right-click menu when right-clicking the URL bar? Would be easier to get to than the extensions list.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Thanks Zeniko ;)

Little bug: when I click on a thunderbird link which opens firefox, then the progress bar is weird...
It's the "old style" which is displayed. If you have not this behavior, I will explain better, or make a screenshot.

Other question: how can I change the background color of urlbar, but only when it's not https site ? In fact, I just want to change the OS color for URL bar without hiding progress bar. Is it possible ?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I can't reproduce your issue. Please try to reproduce this behavior reliably - also using a clean profile. It may be related to another extension. Also observe the JavaScript Console for errors and warnings (make sure you've got javascript.options.strict and javascript.options.showInConsole set to true).

And your question isn't related to Fission at all. The following code for userChrome.css works independently of Fission:

#urlbar:not([level="high"]):not([level="low"]) > .autocomplete-textbox-container {
   background-color: red !important;
   color: yellow !important;
}
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

It seems it's due to all-in-one sidebar.

With this extension, you can drag elements like urlbar into the statusbar, then the 'minor' problem occurs.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Yes, moving the toolbars around breaks the custom backgrounds. Restarting Firefox or just opening the Customize toolbars dialog seems to fix the problem however. Nothing to worry about (and nothing to fix without some major hacks).
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Indeed.
Anyway, little people places the urlbar at the bottom. It was just a try.

Thanks for the userchrome solution.
stalker48

Post by stalker48 »

Extension (fission 0.8.2) does not work with version FF 1.5.0.1
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; ru-RU; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1).

At installation informs, that works with versions from 1.4 up to 1.6+.
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

@zeniko - To expand on my question from before, here is a nice extension for re-organizing/editing menus in Firefox - http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3615

Is there a way to add Fission Options to a right-click menu or something through this extension?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@stalker48: In my counting system, 1.5.anything lies in between 1.4 and 1.6. If you're sure that your Firefox installation is not the problem, you might want to wait for a day or so until the new version is available at addons.mozilla.org.

@zerroeffect: Sure there is. Simply create a new menuitem on a menu of your choice and insert an oncommand attribute with the following value (this also works as a keyconfig key):

openDialog("chrome://fission/content/options.xul", "_blank", "chrome,dialog,titlebar,modal");
zerroeffect

Post by zerroeffect »

Thanks. Works great. :)
Deathstroke

Black Japan Compatability

Post by Deathstroke »

I've done a search to see if this topic had already been addressed. I couldn't find it, so if this is a repeat, I appologize.

I use the theme Black Japan and found that Fission doesn't work properly with it. I'm not a programmer by any means (actually, not at all) so even if someone told me what code to add, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Would it be possible for the next update to include Black Japan? If not, should I be talking with the author of Black Japan?

Thanks very much.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

From the very first post on the very first page:
zeniko wrote:Note that some themes might break when you install Fission. If that happens for you, please contact your theme's author and ask him/her to adapt the theme for Fission (have a look at this post and that post for what modifications might be needed).