[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
kustodian

Post by kustodian »

Chris000001 wrote:Try:

#urlbar .progressmeter-statusbar { margin-left: 19px !important; }

It worked for me (no guarantees.) You can change the '19' if you want to move it more.
It worked, thx.
kustodian

Post by kustodian »

I just found out that when I change the Fission statusbar meter, the connection status is not centered:

How can that be fixed?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

You can experiment with:

#fission-status { margin-top: 5px !important; }

I'm not sure how many pixels the '5' should actually be.
soniku007

Post by soniku007 »

kustodian wrote:I use Safire and because Safire doesn't have an "Aqua styled" fission progress meter, I wanted to make it myself.
So I added this in userchrome.css:

Code: Select all

#urlbar #statusbar-icon > .progress-bar {
   background: url("chrome://global/skin/progressmeter/fission.gif") repeat-x left center !important;
   background-color: transparent !important;
   margin-top: 4px !important;
   margin-bottom: 2px !important;
   margin-left: 0px !important;
   margin-right: 0px !important;
}
and than everything looked like this:
The problem are those 2px on the left, how can I make the progress meter start 2px earlier? (I tried making margin-left: -2px, but it didn't work.)

Also, after installing Fission (v0.8.5) when I start RuneScape and close Firefox, it closes the window but Firefox stays running in the background and I have to close it with the task manager. When I disable Fission this doesn't happen.

I suck at editing userchrome.css and i must be doing something wrong.. when i put that in my userchrome.css, it still shows the default fission animation...
soniku007

Post by soniku007 »

I got it workin but the only issue is that the progress bar doesnt go all the way to the right
I used this for the left and changed it to 1px to ge it as far left as it can go
#urlbar .progressmeter-statusbar { margin-left: 19px !important; }

and i tried the same thing for the right by changing it to this
#urlbar .progressmeter-statusbar { margin-right: 19px !important; } and making it 1px, but it stops stops short. any ideas?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Try making it { margin-right: -1 px !important; } (or more 'px' if needed.)
soniku007

Post by soniku007 »

here is the solution that i came up with to have the progress bar from end to end

#urlbar .progressmeter-statusbar { margin-left: -10px !important; }
#urlbar .progressmeter-statusbar { margin-right: -50px !important; }
Liverwort

unable to install Fission 0.8.5 with FF 1.5.0.3

Post by Liverwort »

I am unable to install Fission 0.8.5 with FF 1.5.0.3 XP Pro 2002 SP2
Currently using Fission 0.8.2 with FF 1.5.0.3 No problems.

This is the error given during Fission 0.8.5 install attempt.

" Incompatible Extension
! Fission 0.8.5 could not be installed because it is not compatable
with Firefox 1.5.0.3 (Fission 0.8.5 will only work with Firefox versions from
1.5 to 2.0a2 "

Side Question: Has anyone tried or considered using an animated GIF file for the progress graphic? I have not tired this myself, but it could be a nice option.
on the other hand, you have different fingers.
Lost User 200486

addressbar problems

Post by Lost User 200486 »

Hi,
After updating to v. 0.8.5 I got some problems with the addressbar. I'm also the Dutch translator form BabelZilla.

- After opening a bookmark, the URL is not showing in the addressbar, the bar is and stays empty. The progressbar works OK. Clicking a link on this page shows the URL.

- After closing the last tab, the addressbar is not cleaned up. The URL of the closed tab is still in the addressbar. Clicking on the closebutton again, the addressbar is cleaned up properly.
- If the last site used a favicon, this favicon stays in the (empty) addressbar, even after closing the tab two times as above.

- The addressbar is not updated after switching to another tab. So the URL of a non-active tab is showing, while another tab is showing.

When I uninstalled Fision completeley, the problems are still there, so I think there are some leftovers in the userChrome.css.

Could someone advice me how the get the old behavior (or the good behavior of Fission) back?

Thanks.
Alf

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl-NL; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3 - Build ID: 2006042618
gsklee

Post by gsklee »

This is a temporary solution to Black Japan/Fission compatibility problem:

http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=14266

The main chunk of code modification was borrowed directly from the patch code to the Shift Themes, thanks to zeniko & C. Nicks. I modified some images and progessmeter.css to make it working better, but there are still some minor problems, like the position of Feed Icon during loading, snippet stretching when viewing an image file, but most of the time it's going fine.

Again this is only a temporary solution, if someone else would like to look into these bugs, it will be most appreciated.
old zeniko

Re: unable to install Fission 0.8.5 with FF 1.5.0.3

Post by old zeniko »

Liverwort wrote:"Incompatible Extension!
Fission 0.8.5 could not be installed because it is not compatable with Firefox 1.5.0.3 (Fission 0.8.5 will only work with Firefox versions from 1.5 to 2.0a2)"

I doubt that Firefox is that bad at calculating, so there's most probably something wrong with your profile or any of your other extensions...

Liverwort wrote:Side Question: Has anyone tried or considered using an animated GIF file for the progress graphic? I have not tired this myself, but it could be a nice option.

It indeed is. You'll find several nice animated graphics throughout this thread (e.g. this one by metai which fits nicely with the default theme on Windows).

Alf_nl wrote:When I uninstalled Fision completeley, the problems are still there, so I think there are some leftovers in the userChrome.css.

This is probably worse than just some left-over CSS rules. The easiest way of getting an idea what could be wrong would be to set the pref javascript.options.showInConsole to true, restart Firefox and then check the JS console for errors. If there aren't any, you could always try to either disable your other extensions one by one - or simply start over with a clean profile. And when this problem goes away, Fission will again work as expected...
dayla

Post by dayla »

Please forgive this silly n00b if I've missed the answer to my question somewhere in the thread - I looked through all 17 pages and didn't see it, but it's possible I've missed it.

I love, love, love this extension! One question: would it be possible to continue displaying the background image (or color, or what-have-you) after the page has loaded? Like once the bar gets to 100% after the page has loaded, remain displayed. If that makes sense.

Or would this be something I'd need to edit in the chrome of the theme I'm using?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Adding the following code to your userChrome.css keeps the progress bar visible at 100%:

#urlbar[fission="fusion"] > #statusbar-icon[value="100"] {
   visibility: visible !important;
}
dayla

Post by dayla »

zeniko wrote:Adding the following code to your userChrome.css keeps the progress bar visible at 100%:

#urlbar[fission="fusion"] > #statusbar-icon[value="100"] {
   visibility: visible !important;
}
Thank you zeniko! It works perfectly, and I'm so thrilled!! :)
aaron

Post by aaron »

I'd like to know what to add to my themes to make them compatible with this extension please.

thanks