[Theme] QuBranch v1.0.20060917 - Qute for Branch 2.0 Builds

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

New version posted that incorporates theme changes from 2006-03-14

http://www.schrade.com/firefox/themes/Q ... 060314.jar
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>

Post by ******** »

working great in my branch build but for the toolbar buttons, even when i select "icons only", the text is still there.
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

Works for me. Sounds like you have something messed up in your profile. Try a virgin one to see if you still have that bug.
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Hello,

I have the same issue with the text being displayed for every button.

This is not occurring with your previous version of this theme so I doubt it is a Profile issue.

Seventeen other themes look fine including ones I tore apart and tweaked.

Also if I drag the mail button to the toolbar it is an absolute mess with multiple images being displayed. No other theme exhibits this issue.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

GrailKnight wrote:Also if I drag the mail button to the toolbar it is an absolute mess with multiple images being displayed.

i dont even have a mail icon. i assume it was taken out when all the mail stuff was taken out.

i also dont see the icons only bug. selecting icons only shows only icons. no text. perhaps these people are using the mozilla1.8.0 branch. i know on mozilla1.8 (which is what this theme is designed for) everything works fine. good going schrade.
hfam95

Post by hfam95 »

desertfox wrote:working great in my branch build but for the toolbar buttons, even when i select "icons only", the text is still there.

I am also experiencing the same text with icons only bug. Using a new profile does not fix the issue either.
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

Um yeah.. make sure you're using the Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch (AKA Mozilla 1.8, Onwards to Firefox 2.0, etc.) This QuBranch is NOT for Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.x builds/Mozilla 1.8.0 Branch builds.

If you want a theme that works with Firefox 1.5.0.x use this: http://www.schrade.com/firefox/themes/Q ... -1.0.1.jar

This is not occurring with your previous version of this theme so I doubt it is a Profile issue.
Also if I drag the mail button to the toolbar it is an absolute mess with multiple images being displayed. No other theme exhibits this issue.

First of all, I doubt all the themes you have installed are constantly updating their themes to work with the latest branch 2.0 builds. There have been quite a few changes from 1.5.0.x -> Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch.

ColdFusion650 has it right - the Mail icon has been removed in Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch builds. So since you're talking about a Mail icon then you most likely aren't using said builds.

QuBranch is for Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1(Mozilla 1.8) Branch builds ONLY

Post by ******** »

Schrade wrote:Um yeah.. make sure you're using the Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch (AKA Mozilla 1.8, Onwards to Firefox 2.0, etc.) This QuBranch is NOT for Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.x builds/Mozilla 1.8.0 Branch builds.

i am using the Moz1.8.1 builds (Fx 2.0 nightly).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060312 Firefox/1.5

i'll try updating to the latest build and see if anything changes.
hfam95

Post by hfam95 »

Schrade wrote:Um yeah.. make sure you're using the Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch (AKA Mozilla 1.8, Onwards to Firefox 2.0, etc.) This QuBranch is NOT for Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.x builds/Mozilla 1.8.0 Branch builds.

If you want a theme that works with Firefox 1.5.0.x use this: http://www.schrade.com/firefox/themes/Q ... -1.0.1.jar

First of all, I doubt all the themes you have installed are constantly updating their themes to work with the latest branch 2.0 builds. There have been quite a few changes from 1.5.0.x -> Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch.

ColdFusion650 has it right - the Mail icon has been removed in Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch builds. So since you're talking about a Mail icon then you most likely aren't using said builds.

QuBranch is for Firefox 2.0/Mozilla 1.8.1(Mozilla 1.8) Branch builds ONLY

Generated: Thu Mar 16 2006 16:42:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060307 Firefox/1.5
Build ID: 2006030703

Trust us when we say we are using the right build. Most users who posted on this subject are using the nightlys that will lead to FF 2.0. I myself use the nightly branches. Qbranch 308 worked fine. It was when I moved to 314 did I have the problem.
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

Oh, yeah that's another thing. If you're not keeping up to date with the latest builds you might have problems. This is due to so many changes being made with Places.

i.e. if you're using a build from March 7th, 2006 and previous then you're using a non-places build. Everything from March 8th , 2006 and on has Places in it.

Notice the version numbers I'm assigning to each release? Those version numbers are like: 1.0.(Last Date of Changes Incorporated Here) so this means that whenever an update to the default Winstripe theme of Firefox happens, I incorporate those changes and use the most recent timestamp of those files. (inside classic.jar)
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

hfam95, you responded while I was posting my post. Read my post.. gives you the answer to your problems. i.e. you're not using the correct build.

The proper theme for the build you're using should be: http://www.schrade.com/firefox/themes/Q ... 060303.jar

Anything released after your build date will have changes that yours probably can't handle.

Post by ******** »

updating to the latest branch build fixed it!
it looks infinitely better than the default theme :)

Post by ******** »

i added the following code to my userChrome.css to make the "star" button look better:
http://supert.garyr.net/userChrome.css
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

desertfox wrote:i added the following code to my userChrome.css to make the "star" button look better:
http://supert.garyr.net/userChrome.css

Yeah, I'll eventually update the graphics for Places when the dust settles down. At the moment I don't want to mess around with it too much. If there's a dropin replacement for an image that I can pluck and incorporate from Arvid's graphics pack, I'll put it in there.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Thanks for clarifying that your theme is only for Fx 2.0. Perhaps when Places is finished I will move to it.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes