[Ext] Update Notifier 0.1.5.5 - Get Extension/Theme updates

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zyborg

Re: [Ext] Update Notifier 0.1.5.5 - Get Extension/Theme updates

Post by zyborg »

After installing the latest version (0.1.5.5), I was completely unable to restart FireFox (3.5.2) in any way.

Either confirming restart within Update Notifier or within the Add-Ons dialogue in FireFox only results in a close of all FireFox windows, but the firefox.exe process keeps on running in the background. I have to enter Task Manager and manually end the firefox.exe process, before the changes are applied.

Sorry, but I used this procedure to uninstall Update Notifier, as I'm not comfortable with this. :(
catdragon1964

Post by catdragon1964 »

The icon on the status-bar seems have disappeared. I don't know exactly when 'cause i don't normally look for it, but i think it was after I installed the latest Firefox (I have v 3.5.2).

I have no idea what information you would need, if this is a problem. However, just e-mail me and I will do what I can to supply you with the info you need.

BTW, I love this extension. It is one of the best. Anything i can do to help you improve it I will. Thanks for your work.

Bobby
The Catdragon
bobby.catdragon@gmail.com
patrickdrd

Post by patrickdrd »

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with latest firefox releases (3.5.2 and 3.5.3) regarding update notifier extension :S

When I start firefox, I can see on the top right corner that update notifier connects and checks for updates for my extensions,
but never completes! Just checks and checks all the time!

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and if there is sth I could do?

Thanks in advance!
makondo

Post by makondo »

I had this once. Tried to reinstall it yet? Clean out about:config after uninstall. New profile to see if its a conflict?
Morac

Post by Morac »

I just noticed that the addon doesn't tell you when addons that are currently disabled have updates. I could swear it used to do so.
breezy55417

Post by breezy55417 »

I recently did the FF 3.5.3 update and started a new profile.

When I installed update notifier 0.1.5.5, I no longer have a button to place it in one of my tool bars instead of the status bar.

Is there a toolbar button pack I missed?

Having Update Notifier in the statusbar is't bad, I'm just trying to recreate what I had.

Great Add-on BTW!
Windows XPhome MCE Pro SP3 w/ updates current, FF (latest stable) with a lot of extensions,Thunderbird Updated, and an Eclectus Parrot named "Woodrow"
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Have a good look by the addy bar and search bar up top of screen. It happened to me once and on restart after upgrade, it re-sited itself up there.

The status bar icon is another issue, you can select in the options whether you want an icon in the status bar and you can drag and drop the one in the menu bar.
Cheers,
Keith
Morac

Post by Morac »

breezy55417,

right click on your toolbar and click customize. The button is in the window that will open. Simply drag it to your toolbar.
breezy55417

Post by breezy55417 »

Morac wrote:breezy55417,

right click on your toolbar and click customize. The button is in the window that will open. Simply drag it to your toolbar.

I know how to customize the tool bar!

The icon is not there for me to add.

I prefer to have a button next to a button for extensions/add-ons.

No big deal, but am curious why it doesn't work the same way as b4. I'm not getting the button under customize.
Windows XPhome MCE Pro SP3 w/ updates current, FF (latest stable) with a lot of extensions,Thunderbird Updated, and an Eclectus Parrot named "Woodrow"
Morac

Post by Morac »

Did you check the "Toolbar" options to see if it's set to display even when there are no updates and the the position is correct?

Worst comes to worse, you can close Firefox and rename the localstore.rdf file in your profile. That will reset Firefox's GUI back to the default.
breezy55417

Post by breezy55417 »

I've double checked the settings "display even when there are no updates and the the position is correct?"
That is how it is set.

I'll try renaming the localstore.rdf file in the profile.

Thx Morac
Neustradamus

Post by Neustradamus »

Hello,
Can you update your addons for Firefox 3.6b1pre and 3.7a1pre ?
Thanks in advance
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Considering the author only updated Update Notifier for Firefox 3.5 a short period after 3.5 went gold, I wouldn't count on alpha, beta, branch, and trunk support.
breezy55417

Post by breezy55417 »

Mystery solved.

I've checked again and found the icon for Update Notifier as the only icon on my Menu bar.

I use the Compact Menu extension so I do not use the Menu bar. This must be a new conflict because haven't had this problem before.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
guid

Post by guid »

hi, not work with 3.6 pre beta 1&2, it won't check updates even I set it to check every 6 hours.