[Ext] World Weather+ 2.3.3 Released: 5-08-08

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lost User 212542

Post by Lost User 212542 »

Well, it appears to refresh every hour instead of every 30 minutes, which is what I have it set to. It's obviously a bug. Guess I'll uninstall it for now & wait for the next release.....
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:I installed this extension over 2 hrs ago, & it does not refresh automatically. Is this a bug?

hmm I'll check it out, what city or zip did you use in the options?

which version of thunderbird?
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Lost User 212542

The zip I use is 13490. I'm using TB 1.5.0.8, which is the latest version available to me on my Linux system. After a while, it appeared to refresh every hour instead of every 30 minutes as it should. I uninstalled it for the time being.

mrtech wrote:
Sasafrass452 wrote:I installed this extension over 2 hrs ago, & it does not refresh automatically. Is this a bug?

hmm I'll check it out, what city or zip did you use in the options?

which version of thunderbird?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:Well, it appears to refresh every hour instead of every 30 minutes, which is what I have it set to. It's obviously a bug. Guess I'll uninstall it for now & wait for the next release.....

I think weather.com has a minimum threshold of 30 minutes, but I'll definitely check out the code to see if it's actually working the way it's supposed, thanks.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

anyone around that can approve this puppy on AMO?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:Well, it appears to refresh every hour instead of every 30 minutes, which is what I have it set to. It's obviously a bug. Guess I'll uninstall it for now & wait for the next release.....

just looked over the code quickly, trying seeing how you connectivity to the "http://xoap.weather.com/" site is which is where WW+ connects to get it's weather. Also it may be due to high volumes on weather.com etc.

I'll keep looking.
KRipken

Scroll through locations?

Post by KRipken »

WorldWeather is the best! =D> =D>

Is there a way to enter multiple locales and then scroll thru them...say when you wonder what your cousin's weather in Maui is like?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

I definitely have this on the list of future features, not timeline yet though
Lost User 212542

Has this extension been updated since the december release? I noticed that it wasn't refreshing every 30 minutes as it should, so has that been fixed?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:Has this extension been updated since the december release? I noticed that it wasn't refreshing every 30 minutes as it should, so has that been fixed?

hmm, try either restarting tb, I'll do some sniffing around to see there is a disconnect in the why it handles the refresh.
sobresaliente

world weather has disappeared?

Post by sobresaliente »

I just installed worldweather into Thunderbird. At first it appeared in a box in lower left hand corner and all was well. Then it suddenly disappeared and hasn't come back. I cannot find anything in the options panel about how to recall it. How do I go about making it display again? Thanks for your help.
mrtech

Re: world weather has disappeared?

Post by mrtech »

sobresaliente wrote:I just installed worldweather into Thunderbird. At first it appeared in a box in lower left hand corner and all was well. Then it suddenly disappeared and hasn't come back. I cannot find anything in the options panel about how to recall it. How do I go about making it display again? Thanks for your help.

try dragging the bottom border of the sidebar, it's probably collapsed, this happen when it's snaps shut if you are adjusting the size.
sobresaliente

Post by sobresaliente »

That did the trick. Thanks.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

2.1 Release Notes:
- Added: now supports Sunbird 0.3.1 and newer
- Added: now supports eMusic Download Manager 4.0 (http://developer.emusic.com/)
- Added: new Locales: fi-FI, fr-FR, hr-HR, hu-HU, it-IT, nl-NL, pl, pt-PT, ru-RU and sk
- Added: extension icon
- Updated: added default preferences allowing me to remove redundant code in options dialog window
- Updated: changed "Standard" and "Metric" labels to "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius" for units of measurement
- Updated: minor changes to options dialog
- Updated: more main code cleanup
- Fixed: timeout issues with refreshing on set interval and bogus "error" messages
Lost User 212542

Where's the file for this new version?

ETA: Never mind, I found it :P

mrtech wrote:2.1 Release Notes:
- Added: now supports Sunbird 0.3.1 and newer
- Added: now supports eMusic Download Manager 4.0 (http://developer.emusic.com/)
- Added: new Locales: fi-FI, fr-FR, hr-HR, hu-HU, it-IT, nl-NL, pl, pt-PT, ru-RU and sk
- Added: extension icon
- Updated: added default preferences allowing me to remove redundant code in options dialog window
- Updated: changed "Standard" and "Metric" labels to "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius" for units of measurement
- Updated: minor changes to options dialog
- Updated: more main code cleanup
- Fixed: timeout issues with refreshing on set interval and bogus "error" messages