[Ext] World Weather+ 2.3.3 Released: 5-08-08

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Anthony A wrote:What is supposed to show in the status bar? On my install it shows the high/low temp for the day and two weather icons. When I hover the cursor over the icons and weather I get a pop up with detailed weather info. I was under the impression that the "current weather" was displayed in the status bar. That would be great if I could do that since I leave the side bar section on forecast and can already see the high/low temps for the day.

yes it's the high low, the statusbar implementation needs more tlc

[Anthony A"]I have set the addon to refresh every 30 min but it doesn't appear to be doing that. If you hover over the status bar icon you get a pop up with info in it. One of the things listed there is the "last updated" time. It doesn't change every 30 min like I have it set to.[/quote]

last updated is the last time the weather station updated the information and reported it to weather.com.

[Anthony A"]In the options there is a section to set the "units of measure". Reading the release notes it says that they were changed from "standard" and "metric" to "fahrenheit" and "celsius". In my install they still say "standard" and metric". I am using version 2.3.2[/quote]

I see that now, probably a something lost in the locale translations, I'll try to update that in the future.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Anthony A

Post by Anthony A »

mrtech wrote:2.3.2 Release:

- Fixed: found a workaround to the recent Weather.com changes that prompted my last update and have restored the 9 day forecast.

I've updated the extension on my site and have submitted the fix to AMO, you can get you copy below:

http://www.mrtech.com/msgboard/worldweatherplus.xpi

I downloaded and installed from your link and it still only shows 5 day forecast not nine day.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

try the one from amo, I'll try to update it later.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Anthony A

Post by Anthony A »

mrtech wrote:try the one from amo, I'll try to update it later.

Thanks that works well.
honestaitch

Re: [Ext] World Weather+ 2.3.3 Released: 5-08-08

Post by honestaitch »

I tried to install World Weather+ 2.3.3 on Seamonkey 1.1.11 but it fails with the following error:

Error: Could not install World Weather+ 2.3.3 (Error code: -239)

and then I get "Chrome registration failed".

Any ideas what the problem is?
Charla

Post by Charla »

When I install World Weather+ 2.3.4 to the ThunderBird 2.0.0.21 the extension window is placed between folder view and my address book (Contacts Sidebar), but it's not too much comfortable. Iam using Lightning and I would like to place extension window under calendar selection, where is empty place now. Can You make extension window movable?
Thanks a lot.
mcswell

Post by mcswell »

A week or two, WW stopped working; it just gives me "Error retrieving weather data." Retrying is fruitless. I do notice that weather.com seems to be a bit flaky; trying to go there on Firefox sometimes works, and sometimes Firefox just hangs trying. So maybe the issue is with weather.com???

AFAIK, nothing relevant has changed on my computer. I'm running TBird 2.0.0.23; just installed TBird 3. The weather got retrieved once after I installed TBird 3 (or was it reading a cache?), then stopped.

WW+ is v2.4.1. I do not have a proxy.
Mike Maxwell
JustIo

Post by JustIo »

I have found a bug...please refer to the following link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=539705

I do not know if the bug comes from "World Weather +" add-on or from Lightning...