[Ext] World Weather+ 2.3.3 Released: 5-08-08

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Lost User 212542

Post by Lost User 212542 »

Ok, I got it installed. I've noticed that it doesn't show the temperature in the tooltip. Is it supposed to be that way?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:Ok, I got it installed. I've noticed that it doesn't show the temperature in the tooltip. Is it supposed to be that way?

not sure haven't made any changes to the tooltip from it's original implementation, not sure how useful it is since it's in the window, but I have some plans for additional features where it might show up there.
Lost User 212542

Post by Lost User 212542 »

Ok, thanx. What new features are you planning to add?

mrtech wrote:not sure haven't made any changes to the tooltip from it's original implementation, not sure how useful it is since it's in the window, but I have some plans for additional features where it might show up there.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Sasafrass452 wrote:Ok, thanx. What new features are you planning to add?

think accuweather, weather.gov, weather maps, statusbar icons, floating tooltip, firefox/flock/seamonkey support, windows color scheme changes based on weather, storm warnings, multiple weather location reports....

still need to figure out multi-day forecast stuff if possible with the

the options are endlessly....
ncc1701v

problem scrolling folders when icon or text small

Post by ncc1701v »

I run Thunderbird in "vertical view". WorldWeather is under my folder list on the left. For the last few versions, if I have either the icon or the text "small", I cannot scroll down through my folder list. I scroll it and the list immediately pops back up to the top. All seems good when both icon and text are medium. Thoughts?
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Sasafrass452 wrote:I've noticed that it doesn't show the temperature in the tooltip. Is it supposed to be that way?

Thank you, mrtech, for re-designing and maintaining this excellent extension.

I'm using World Weather+ 2.1 in Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP SP2.

The above comment from Sasafrass452 represents an issue that needs to be addressed. There should be two temperatures in the tooltip. One is the *actual* temperature, while the other is the "Feels like" temperature. Right now, only the "Feels like" temperature is shown, the actual temperature is blank, so the temperature that everybody sees defaults to the "Feels like" temperature, which may be anywhere from accurate to 10 degrees too high or too low, depending on humidity and wind strength.

On a warm or hot day, high humidity will cause the "feels like" temperature to be several degrees higher than the actual temperature (the "heat index"). Low humidity on a hot day will cause the "feels like" temperature to be several degrees lower than the actual temperature. On a cold day, a brisk wind will cause the "feels like" temperature to be 5-10 degrees (and sometimes more) lower than the actual temperature (the "wind chill").

The "feels like" temperature is very useful as a tooltip item, but should not be represented as the actual temperature. Would you please change this so that there are two temperatures showing in the tooltip, both the actual temperature and the "feels like" temperature. This change will cause the actual temperature to be displayed when opening Thunderbird, not the "Feels like" one. Thanks!
darkservant043

error

Post by darkservant043 »

This is a great program, and I'm looking forward to the improvements! I am getting this error on several machines I've installed this extension on. If i disable the extension, it goes away.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: XStringBundle :: getString :: Line 17" data: no]

Same error occurs on tb 1.5.0.10 and also the new Beta version.
johnniezen

Error installing

Post by johnniezen »

cannot comment yet, as the installation fails with an XML parse error.

Locatie: chrome://worldweatherplus/content/worldweatherOptions.xul
Regelnummer 36, kolom 21:
<description>&zip-description;</description>
------------------------------------------------^

The little window, where the weather items should appear show a update-bar that will not stop.

Cannot access options, etc.

I use TB 2.0.0.0
j=a=n=s

Post by j=a=n=s »

Could be great, but I get the same error when starting TB (in Dutch):

XML-parsefout: onjuist gevormd
Locatie: chrome://worldweatherplus/content/worldweatherOptions.xul
Regelnummer 36, kolom 21:
<description>&zip-description;</description>
---------------------------------------------------------------------^

A 'loading' bar is running continuously.

Installation is ok.
Clicking 'Options' results in the same error.

Im using TB Versie 2.0.0.0 (20070326) (dutch version)
Jans.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

I'll try to cleanup the locales and get a quick patch out soon, thanks.
jgribbin

Post by jgribbin »

Mrtech, I've used and enjoyed this add-on for quite some time. I recently upgraded to Thunderbird 2.0 and World Weather+ 2.1 and am running into a snag.

When I start T-Bird with the weather enabled, I get a message window popping up w/ [Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x800004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]" nsresult: "0x800004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JSframe::XStringBundle::getString::line 17" data: no]

I click OK and everything seems to work fine. I guess It's just a bit of annoyance.

--
Jim G
Jim G
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

jgribbin wrote:Mrtech, I've used and enjoyed this add-on for quite some time. I recently upgraded to Thunderbird 2.0 and World Weather+ 2.1 and am running into a snag.

When I start T-Bird with the weather enabled, I get a message window popping up w/ [Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x800004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]" nsresult: "0x800004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JSframe::XStringBundle::getString::line 17" data: no]

I click OK and everything seems to work fine. I guess It's just a bit of annoyance.

--
Jim G

what locale are you using?
jgribbin

Post by jgribbin »

99517 is what I've normally used. I did try changing to 99503 to see if that made a difference. Both zip codes are adjacent in West Anchorage.
Jim G
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

jgribbin wrote:99517 is what I've normally used. I did try changing to 99503 to see if that made a difference. Both zip codes are adjacent in West Anchorage.

actually I meant which language is thunderbird running under, but I'll assume english.

ok, what other extensions do you have installed.