[Ext] Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.3 - discussion

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
coyote2

Re: [Ext] Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.3 - discussion

Post by coyote2 »

dupe
Last edited by coyote2 on September 3rd, 2015, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

My Notification icon is working again today!!!

I left the addon installed since it's just been a way to launch yahoo.mail, and am delighted to find that the icon shows new messages again finally. Fingers crossed it lasts.

FF40.0.3
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

coyote2 wrote:My Notification icon is working again today!!!

I left the addon installed since it's just been a way to launch yahoo.mail, and am delighted to find that the icon shows new messages again finally. Fingers crossed it lasts.

FF40.0.3

Today it has stopped working again.

Edit: Maybe that can be resolved; I see that the (otherwise inferior) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ification/ IS working.
Rick V

Post by Rick V »

How do I uninstall the yahoo mail notifier by Michael Craft in FireFox 39.0 ? No icons are present for it but it opens every time I go to my Yahoo page and wants me to sign it into my mail which I never have.The only place I found mention of it is when I click on tools and then trouble shooting info. It is listed as an addon there but no where else. I just want it gone and back the way it was
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Not listed in Extensions panel ? ... Tools > Options > Addons > Extensions section... or Ctrl+Shift+A Extensions section
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Rick V

Post by Rick V »

JayhawksRock wrote:Not listed in Extensions panel ? ... Tools > Options > Addons > Extensions section... or Ctrl+Shift+A Extensions section
FireFox 39.0 I am trying to get ahold of Michael Kraft the author of the Yahoo mail notifier. I need to get this out of my Pc and he would be the one who should know where it is lurking in the system.When I go to Tools / Options / there is no addons section. I have searched every category also as well as the tool bars.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

@RickV
That sure sounds frustrating. If it were me and Ctrl+Shift+A didn't give me an AddOns tab, I'd go to the Support Forum for FF itself, not for any particular addon.
Rick V

Post by Rick V »

I am not trying to get an addon..I am trying to get rid of one... All Ctrl+Shift+A page offeres me is how to get one. Where is the elusive Michael Kraft?
Paulgo

Post by Paulgo »

Rick V wrote:I am not trying to get an addon..I am trying to get rid of one... All Ctrl+Shift+A page offeres me is how to get one. Where is the elusive Michael Kraft?
This really isn't that hard. Ctrl+Shift+A takes you where you need to be. "Get Add-ons" is the last tab you used, so it is the one currently open. Another is "Extensions". That is where you disable, or remove, the yahoo mail notifier...
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

@RickV
"All Ctrl+Shift+A page offeres me is how to get one."
Are you selecting the "Extensions" Tab? There that page offers the rest of us options to Disable or Remove. If not for you it may be a FF issue not an issue w/any particular addon.

FYI I had to install it to say this since I've switched to the lame "Yahoo Mail Nofification" addon.
Rick V

Post by Rick V »

You both were right For some strange reason I couldn't find it every time I searched through it all before. Maybe I went about it the wrong way. Well I removed it and hope it is gone when I log on the next time. Thanks for all you efforts and help...Rick
What ever happened to Michael Kraft anyway?