[Ext] Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.3 - discussion

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
chimalli

Re: [Ext] Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.3 - discussion

Post by chimalli »

chimalli wrote:Since today I have no new mail notifications, but my inbox has new mail. Am I the only one?

After deleting cookies and erasing stored password, all works fine again.
May this be useful for someone.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

chimalli wrote:
chimalli wrote:Since today I have no new mail notifications, but my inbox has new mail. Am I the only one?

After deleting cookies and erasing stored password, all works fine again.
May this be useful for someone.

Thank you very much, chimalli. I had new mail in inbox but no new mail notifications for days.

I deleted my cookies containing "yahoo", and all works fine again.
Neilsonshep

Post by Neilsonshep »

I hate how you messed up the yahoo notifier after years of good operation. This is set up so when I click the mail envelope icon it takes me to the crummy windows 8.1 mailbox. Why would I want that. I am using firefox on my desktop and I want yahoo mail to open up on my desktop. I do not use the 8.1 side ever. I'm on my desktop so thats where I want my yahoo mail to open up. I notice mozilla keeps coming up with new updates and every time I have to go find these add ons and set this up and every time they screw up something new. This is too much.
Neilson
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

My icon is now always all white and doesn't even have a counter to show the number of messages (even when I have New mail).

When I start FF I get a yahoo mail login, but logging in with the default account doesn't help (but will take me to my mail).

Deleting all cookies = yahoo, disabling addon and restarting WindowsXP then enabling addon doesn't help.
Morac

Post by Morac »

coyote2,

I'd need to look at the log file (See http://ymnotifier.mozdev.org/bugs.html), but my guess is that Yahoo might be doing weird things on their end. The other day Yahoo changed things so the add-on couldn't log in, but then changed it back.

Personally I've been having issues with Yahoo for about 5 months now when trying to log in (I get a blank white page). That prevents the add-on from working for my account and also prevents me from logging in with Yahoo's iOS Mail app. I've been complaining to them for 5 months and they still haven't fixed it.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Morac wrote:coyote2,

I'd need to look at the log file (See http://ymnotifier.mozdev.org/bugs.html), but my guess is that Yahoo might be doing weird things on their end. The other day Yahoo changed things so the add-on couldn't log in, but then changed it back.

Personally I've been having issues with Yahoo for about 5 months now when trying to log in (I get a blank white page). That prevents the add-on from working for my account and also prevents me from logging in with Yahoo's iOS Mail app. I've been complaining to them for 5 months and they still haven't fixed it.

I've just PM'd you (Morac) the contents of my Yahoo_Mail_Notifier_log.txt file (didn't see a way to attach the file).

I guess I should count myself lucky that this treasured addon was working for me until this week!

My sincere thanks to you, Morac, for all you've done and continue to do!

coyote
Morac

Post by Morac »

The file just indicates that Yahoo returned something odd. There should also be a Yahoo_Mail_Notifier....html file that contains what Yahoo returned. I'd need to see that, but I know Yahoo has been periodically sending odd responses from time to time recently.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Morac wrote:The file just indicates that Yahoo returned something odd. There should also be a Yahoo_Mail_Notifier....html file that contains what Yahoo returned. I'd need to see that, but I know Yahoo has been periodically sending odd responses from time to time recently.

yahoo_login_response.html is essentially a Yahoo login screen; I've uploaded the file and PM's you (Morac) it's URL.

Incidentally, when I login on that screen I always get to my email, but the notifier never starts indicating anything.
Morac

Post by Morac »

I think Yahoo may have broke it again. Last time they did that, it started working again the next day.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Morac wrote:I think Yahoo may have broke it again. Last time they did that, it started working again the next day.

I'll cross my fingers then.

BTW, after I login on that webpage, if I then "Check Now" I get another login webpage anyway.
Morac

Post by Morac »

coyote2 wrote:BTW, after I login on that webpage, if I then "Check Now" I get another login webpage anyway.

That's because the addon doesn't know it's logged in and tries to login again and Yahoo returns that error page, which the app displays.

Unfortunately if the change Yahoo makes is permanent I'll have to basically rewrite the app as last time Mozilla approved it, I was told I had to change a ton of stuff or the next time it would be rejected. I haven't had the time to do that.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Morac wrote:
coyote2 wrote:BTW, after I login on that webpage, if I then "Check Now" I get another login webpage anyway.

That's because the addon doesn't know it's logged in and tries to login again and Yahoo returns that error page, which the app displays.

Unfortunately if the change Yahoo makes is permanent I'll have to basically rewrite the app as last time Mozilla approved it, I was told I had to change a ton of stuff or the next time it would be rejected. I haven't had the time to do that.

This addon adds immense value to Yahoo mail, so Yahoo really should work with Morac on this!
menet

Post by menet »

coyote2 wrote:My icon is now always all white and doesn't even have a counter to show the number of messages (even when I have New mail).

When I start FF I get a yahoo mail login, but logging in with the default account doesn't help (but will take me to my mail).

Deleting all cookies = yahoo, disabling addon and restarting WindowsXP then enabling addon doesn't help.

I confirm that I have a problem with Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.4 since few days using it with FireFox 34 under Windows 8.1.

But my problem is a little different, when I start FF, a yahoo mail login page is opened in a new tab. :shock:
I ignore it and close this tab. Then I continu to work as usual, the YMN icon is good, showning the number of unread emails. Clicking on the icon open well a Yahoo mail page. :P

I suppose also that the problem is with a Yahoo change in the login page. So Yahoo or YMN should be updated to have the good job like in the past.

Best regards. Menet. :wink:
Paulgo

Post by Paulgo »

I have the same problem as ^^^^ Menet since back in December. Turned of the notifier. Too frustrating!
lonesomecub

Post by lonesomecub »

Sound notification is not working for me. Please can someone help me with this? Thanks.