[Ext] Session Manager 0.4 to 0.4.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Wonderful! Thanks so much, zeniko.
jes5199

Post by jes5199 »

It would be nice if there was a mouse shortcut for "undo close tab"... I keep trying to middle-click the X button like I used to do with other extensions
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

zeniko: The bug 344264 checkin, which you mentioned should fix the "onBrowserKeyUp is not defined" errors, has been checked in but it does not resolve that issue (Fx 2.0 Build 2006072203). With Session Manager installed, every key press generates the error.

Is this something the can be resolved in Session Manager, or should I file a Firefox bug?

Thanks
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@C@rb0n: I don't get any "onBrowserKeyUp is not defined" warnings with the 2006072404 branch nightly. If this problem still persists for you and if it is reproducible on a clean profile, please post the steps to reproduce.

jes5199 wrote:It would be nice if there was a mouse shortcut for "undo close tab"...

What's wrong with clicking on the Undo Close Tab toolbar button (which you'll have to manually add to the toolbar first)? I don't like adding hardly discoverable shortcuts too much - and IMO using the close button for opening something is pretty queer anyway...
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

zeniko wrote:@C@rb0n: I don't get any "onBrowserKeyUp is not defined" warnings with the 2006072404 branch nightly. If this problem still persists for you and if it is reproducible on a clean profile, please post the steps to reproduce...

Thanks, zeniko. Sorry. I reported this in error. I have not found out that it is WebmailCompose 0.6.5 that was causing the problems. My earlier testing led me to incorrectly identify SessionManager. :(
EoRaptor

Post by EoRaptor »

Zeniko, when using recent branch builds, the if (athreadmain) -> if (true) 'hack' no longer works. The extension appears in the tools menu, but does not function or save sessions. I suspect it's too late to worry about though, and that I'll have to wait for a better way to manage the built in session stuff.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

EoRaptor wrote:Zeniko, when using recent branch builds, the if (athreadmain) -> if (true) 'hack' no longer works. The extension appears in the tools menu, but does not function or save sessions...

Have you tested with Session Manager as the only extension? I'm using the latest Branch (2006072504) and can save sessions. Also, try using the latest "Testing Version" of Session Manager (Session Manager 0.4.2.3+), available from the main post of this thread. That is the version I use, and it's been very stable. After installing it, you'll have to apply the if (athreadmain) -> if (true) hack again.
EoRaptor

Post by EoRaptor »

C@rb0n wrote:
EoRaptor wrote:Zeniko, when using recent branch builds, the if (athreadmain) -> if (true) 'hack' no longer works. The extension appears in the tools menu, but does not function or save sessions...

Have you tested with Session Manager as the only extension? I'm using the latest Branch (2006072504) and can save sessions. Also, try using the latest "Testing Version" of Session Manager (Session Manager 0.4.2.3+), available from the main post of this thread. That is the version I use, and it's been very stable. After installing it, you'll have to apply the if (athreadmain) -> if (true) hack again.

New profile, as the only extension. Tried with both latest official and latest dev, both with the crashrecovery.js hack. I actually went so far as to make an xpi with the hack pre-done, so I could swap around and test them quickly.

One thing, I set undo close tabs to zero/zero. I never bothered to check if it works with the normal values there. Didn't think of that until just now.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Since I'm running the latest branch builds myself, chances are that I'd have noticed if anything wouldn't work. But I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Please try again with a new nightly build. If that doesn't work, please report any errors visible in the Error Console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true and having restarted the browser after that).
testetestjdklj

Post by testetestjdklj »

I'm using Session Manager 0.4.2.3+ and when I enabled Mouse Gestures, it caused Session Manager to not load one of my previous sessions.

Once I disabled Mouse Gestures, it worked fine.

Possible conflict?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I've been using Mouse Gestures since I started writing Session Manager and I've never noticed any issues. Still: Can you reproduce these issues on a clean profile? Do you get any errors in the JavaScript Console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true)?
testetestjdklj

Post by testetestjdklj »

I think it's working now, will post if the problem comes back.
gottadoit

thanks for all your efforts

Post by gottadoit »

zeniko,
Seeing as it is the end of the month, thanks for all the effort you put into making this extension a good one it was very much appreciated
SanctimoniousApe

"Open Session Folder" & HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Dire

Post by SanctimoniousApe »

From appearances I seem to be too late to get any support, but I'm posting anyway just in case someone cares.

It seems that the "Open Session Folder" menu option just uses whatever appears first under Winbloz Registry's "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell" key. Presumably something's gone wrong with my registry and the normal default first entry isn't there, which means in my case that the menu option winds up opening a CMD.EXE session instead of an Explorer window. I've tried restoring Explorer to the first position, but anytime I read in the other entries Winbloz just seems to sort them alphabetically and CMD winds up back on top again.

I've gotten around this by creating a duplicate of the explorer entry under the name "0" so it'll be sorted first, but this has the side effect of adding "0" to my context menu for any folder - far from a satisfactory solution.

If anyone else has an idea how to address this - either via modifying the Session Manager code (I've no idea how to program Firefox extensions, so I pretty much need a complete idiot's guide) or by some Winbloz tweak, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks!
Dimanish

Post by Dimanish »

Hi, is it possible to change source code of session manager extension to appear focus in page, not in address bar then open saved sessions?