[ext] NoScript 1.1.4.1, cleanup release

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bren90

Post by bren90 »

Hi Giorgio,

Just saw that someboedy (noaimma) was asking the same thing previously. But anyway, I tried that, and permanently allowed toread.cc, however it still only works if I temporarily allow the current domain. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your response,
Brendan
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

bren90 wrote:Am I missing something here?

hrm, maybe... in my previous post I did say permanently allowing the toread.cc domain [...] and temporarily allowing the current page.
The toread bookmarklet execution is deferred (because the main script is dinamically loaded), so when it actually runs the needed permissions for current page have been already revoked by NoScript.
All you can do is urging the developers to merge their two-phase bookmarklet execution into a single shot.
I tried to make the change by myself, and it technically works, but I discovered that in 2nd phase they check a date-based token that is passed to their server during 1st phase, and if there's no match an "Illegal access" error is returned, probably to avoid abuses :(
bren90

Post by bren90 »

Sure, sorry, should have read it more closely....thanks....

Brendan
Tahattmeruh

Post by Tahattmeruh »

Is there a plan for a new noscript version where I can only allow the current page?
Not the whole domain. And the use of wildcards would also be great.
Tahattmeruh

Post by Tahattmeruh »

A nice feature would be to allow the function setfocus only.
This would work on google and about 30% of my sites and I don't have to allow all javascripts.
begogerber

Re: New Yahoo Homepage

Post by begogerber »

AcidReflux wrote:I seem to have a problem with Firefox 1.5.0.3 + NoScript 1.1.4.1 and the new yahoo homepage. None of the mouse overs seem to work (E.G. mail preview). However, if I enable JavaScript globally in NoScript (I then have to manually reload the page) they work. NoScript is not reporting that it is blocking any scripts, but it appears to be.

Hi,

I'm having similar problem with other much-used site where my login is only accepted now if "Allow scripts globally" is on. This is despite the available permissions already having been given. Once inside the site, the Java drop down menus inside the sight now don't work either unless scripts are allowed globally. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even redoing Java, clean cookies, remove all other extensions, all to no avail. This started happening recently, but I don't know what specific events if any were the moment of change to this new behavior. This is a great tool, suddenly behaving strangely.

All advice welcome. Thanks.

Firefox 1.5.0.4, NoScript 1.1.4.1
Peace,

Bego
begogerber

Post by begogerber »

begogerber wrote:
AcidReflux wrote:I seem to have a problem with Firefox 1.5.0.3 + NoScript 1.1.4.1 and the new yahoo homepage. None of the mouse overs seem to work (E.G. mail preview). However, if I enable JavaScript globally in NoScript (I then have to manually reload the page) they work. NoScript is not reporting that it is blocking any scripts, but it appears to be.

Hi,

I'm having similar problem with other much-used site where my login is only accepted now if "Allow scripts globally" is on. This is despite the available permissions already having been given. Once inside the site, the Java drop down menus inside the sight now don't work either unless scripts are allowed globally. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even redoing Java, clean cookies, remove all other extensions, all to no avail. This started happening recently, but I don't know what specific events if any were the moment of change to this new behavior. This is a great tool, suddenly behaving strangely.

All advice welcome. Thanks.

Firefox 1.5.0.4, NoScript 1.1.4.1
New discovery: "Allow scripts globally" doesn't always work. Even on this page, it won't indicate that scripts are allowed, even after confirming I wanted that. Looks like it needs a Firefox restart to overcome it.
Peace,

Bego
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

begogerber wrote:Looks like it needs a Firefox restart to overcome it.

These issues may mean that the login procedure depends on multiple domains (Microsoft Live, for instance, spans over live.com, msn.com, password.net, microsoft.com and also other ones, depending what you're trying to do).
Restart may not be actually needed, but your inability to pass through even after globally allowing scripts can depend on your navigation history being tracked by a cookie or the current url parameter. In other words, on the 1st failed attempt, a session cookie or a parameter in your url may flag your browser as incompatible. If it's an url parameter, resuming the login page from your bookmarks (rather than reloading it or using the back button) may suffice, while if it's a session cookie you need to erase it (currently I use the CookieSafe to manage my cookies: it's very similar to NoScript).
Of course, finding the right domains to be allowed would fix the problem all together.

Obviously the above are only my guesses: examining the actual site would help a lot...
mmortal03

Post by mmortal03 »

Is there any method to how NoScript sorts the entries in the menu in the bottom right corner? It would be great if the originating site (the one in the address bar) would be the one that appeared at the bottom of the list, because that would make it the quickest to access. It is usually the one people will want to Temporarily Allow first if something in the page is not working, as it is often the most important for proper page functionality and is also usually the least suspect compared to the other entries, I would say.
dmorlitz

Is there any way to blacklist in NoScript?

Post by dmorlitz »

I am wondering if there is any way to blacklist a site in NoScript. I understand how to select trusted sites, and to white list them. However several sites use something like google-analytics.com or adsense.com, etc..... I would like to prevent NoScript from continually prompting me about something that I have decided to always block. Therefore, I am wondering if there is a way to "distrust" a site, and then only prompt for the unknown condition.
bgray

Post by bgray »

Giorgio,

Excellent plugin, it seems really usefull from my limited use so far.

I do have a suggestion to improve user-friendlyness though;
Could you perhaps add a per-site enable/disable setting for the little bar at the bottom that lets the user know that there are scripts blocked?
That is, to let people tell NoScript "I know this site has scripts I disallow, don't tell me about it anymore" instead of having to disable notification for _all_ sites, even new ones..

-Bob
baldrik

Re: Is there any way to blacklist in NoScript?

Post by baldrik »

dmorlitz wrote:I am wondering if there is any way to blacklist a site in NoScript. I understand how to select trusted sites, and to white list them. However several sites use something like google-analytics.com or adsense.com, etc..... I would like to prevent NoScript from continually prompting me about something that I have decided to always block. Therefore, I am wondering if there is a way to "distrust" a site, and then only prompt for the unknown condition.

I was wondering if this capability existed too.
I like noscript. I am using it to keep the doubleclick-type scripts at bay... other than these fiends, I am less worried about scripts running.
For the specific task of denying sites from analysis, it would be very nice to have a deny list rather than an allow list.
Of course, either or both should be used as a preference
It might follow that there becomes a list of "block-these-analyzers" that could be imported.
Thanks, Nice tool
StriderSkorpion

Post by StriderSkorpion »

Sorry about the misinformation in regards to bookmarklets. I had just assumed the case was similar to Greasemonkey's is/was and you know what they say when you assume. Anyways, to dmorlitz and baldrik. No offense, but if you had read earlier in this thread, you would have seen that I had already asked about this feature and Giorgio had replied that he might add it in a future addition of NoScript. Not sure how long it will take for the blacklist functionality, but it'll probably be incorporated into it once he develops it into a full security system (or similar) for FireFox. Or at least that's what I interpretted from his post, so don't quote me on that.
abarsami

Bon Echo - no scripts reset settings don't work

Post by abarsami »

At first I was allowing sites by adding to list.

Now I decided to delete all the sites from my list and allow globally.

I then restarted, but the sites don't recognize that allow globally is checked. It doesn't allow all sites.

Can I delete manually from someplace?
abarsami

Post by abarsami »

Even though I have allow globally checked. When I go to any site and click on the "S", it says Allow sitename, it should say Forbid sitename. Since allow globally is checked.

Right?