[Ext] MR Tech's Local Install 5.0.4.1 (6-3-06)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Sorry about the duplicate post. Firefox crashed before the post completed. When it reopened, it tried to reopen the "post completed" page.

5.0.1 does not fix the bar problem mentioned in my previous post at least with Sunbird.
Will Pittenger
Lost User 33597

Post by Lost User 33597 »

well done Mr.Tech.... version 5.01 fixed everything....keep it up
tempjag

Post by tempjag »

Hello :)

I think the "Make version compatible" is not working? I tried using it on this extension -

http://cosmicat.com/extensions/textzoom/

And when I check the box "Override 'maxversion'....", it won't let me click the "Install" button. But when I uncheck the box, then I can click on the button again.

Any ideas? thanks great ext.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

makondo wrote:No effect, Mel (the same in the clean tester):

is your theme the regular "Brushed" if not where can I download, thanks.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

tempjag wrote:Hello :)

I think the "Make version compatible" is not working? I tried using it on this extension -

http://cosmicat.com/extensions/textzoom/

And when I check the box "Override 'maxversion'....", it won't let me click the "Install" button. But when I uncheck the box, then I can click on the button again.

Any ideas? thanks great ext.

I'll test textzoom but have you tried the 5.0.1 release I just posted last night?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=415210
tempjag

Post by tempjag »

Oh wait, I'll try it.
tempjag

Post by tempjag »

Hi mrtech! :)

I checked for an update, but it says there's no available? It shows 5.0 and not 5.0.1.

Screenshot -

tempjag

Post by tempjag »

Ohhh, there you go. I installed the file manually instead of using the update feature, and it upgraded after the restart. And the override feature works perfectly now! Still the best. :)
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Just a heads up, I just finished looking into and fixing an issue with Netscape support, tonight/tomorrow's release will fix the following:
- Extension/theme window won't open

The following new/existing issues still exist in Netscape:
- Sidebar support busted
- Retargeting open EM/TM tabs busted

Additionally fixed for all others:
- Override maxVersion was still not working in some instances and issue with translation properties files
teo

Post by teo »

Sorry Mel, but bug with button bar still occur. I sent you screens shots this bug and Polish locale on gmail.
Teo
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

teo wrote:Sorry Mel, but bug with button bar still occur. I sent you screens shots this bug and Polish locale on gmail.

I'll update the locale asap and better news, I found this issue, right now the commandbar will work IF you choose to display the theme preview below the list, I'll fix that, but in the meantime just check that option too, thanks.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Download full installer or locale specific installer from main posting.

5.0.2 Released
<li> Added: Thunderbird 1.5 and above nows have a about:config toolbar button with dropdown menu, only supported about: functions are listed in the dropdown.
<li> Added: Thunderbird 1.5 and above nows have a "Clear Cache" toolbar button, this clears memory used for caching xul elements images, etc and Extension/Theme update manifests.
<li> Added: "Add-ons Sidebar" is now on the list to prompt to uninstall since the functionality is already included in Local Install, https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2549/
<li> Updated: de-DE & sk locales updated
<li> Updated: If "Show button bar above list" is enabled, then "Show Theme Preview Below Theme List" is now automatically enabled too, it has to be this way or Show button bar option will not work
<li> Fixed: Really, truly fixed the command bar button issue, it will now show up on top if preference is enabled
<li> Fixed: Couldn't open EM/TM in Netscape
<li> Fixed: "Unknown" error message with Override maxVersion feature was borked
<li> Fixed: Show Install Button Image will now automatically hide if EM/TM window is open and changing options
slyfox

Post by slyfox »

Nice job fixin these bug
good job...Shakes mr techs hand
If "button bar on top" is enabled the "theme preview" shows up on the bottom and never on the side...Is it supposed to be like that?
May the source be with you

[EXT] Splash Screen - 1.2 (100%), 2.0 (10%)

[EXT] Slyfox - The Firefox logger - alpha (3%)
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Woah, I just had about the weirdest time upgrading to the new version I've ever seen. I won't go into the details (as that would take all day), but if this kind of thing happened to one of those people already stumped by ghost extensions or things refusing to update or something, they probably wouldn't have survived it. And, the worst part is, after working with it and finally figuring out what the actual problem was and fixing it, it turned out that just restarting my computer would've probably fixed the whole thing much more easily (what makes it the worst part is just how annoying that realization is, just after doing it the hard way).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

slyfox wrote:Nice job fixin these bug
good job...Shakes mr techs hand
If "button bar on top" is enabled the "theme preview" shows up on the bottom and never on the side...Is it supposed to be like that?

Please read the release notes.