[Ext] MR Tech's Local Install 5.0.4.1 (6-3-06)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Robert S. wrote:Cato62 - One thing that will make it not update as you described - especially if it updates after a second restart - is if the app didn't completely exit. I suspect that is what you are seeing.

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, could you please explain? Not sure I understand what you mean.

TIA :)
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Mel, could a future LI allow users to right-click on a theme or extension to copy the version number (by itself) the clipboard? One option might be to copy the extension or theme name too.
Will Pittenger
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Robert S. wrote:Cato62 - One thing that will make it not update as you described - especially if it updates after a second restart - is if the app didn't completely exit. I suspect that is what you are seeing.

If that were the case, it wouldn't have bumped down to an even lower version, it would have just stayed the same.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

For some reason I can't get "Overwrite 'maxVersion" compatibility checking" to work any longer when installing extensions.

Anyone else?
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Thanks for update, Mel! Minor issues:
1. moving button bar in EM still doesn't work for me (Rounded Brushed, will test a clean profile).
2. When i checked 'Remove My Config dropmaker' - it didn't apply, had to restart Fx, worked then. Thanks a lot for the option!
3. What is about:function? Is it for 2.0?
TIA.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Cato62 wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, could you please explain? Not sure I understand what you mean.

TIA :)

Sometimes when exiting and re-starting the app hasn't completely exited and continues to run. For an extension to install the app has to completely exit and then started again.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

XerBlade wrote:

If that were the case, it wouldn't have bumped down to an even lower version, it would have just stayed the same.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Any ideas, Blade?
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Lanik wrote:For some reason I can't get "Overwrite 'maxVersion" compatibility checking" to work any longer when installing extensions.

Anyone else?

WFM earlier in Flock.... Haven't had any reason to use it in Firefox in quite some time now.

george27 wrote:There seems to be a conflict with all in one sidebar that didn't occur with the previous version of MR Tech's Local Install. The extension window will only open in the sidebar. There is a 100% cpu spike that last a few seconds and delays the opening of the sidebar. If the install bar on top is checked the sidebar will not show any extension except in the icon drop down window.

Do you have AIOS's built-in option to open the Extension Manager in the sidebar enabled, by any chance?
User Agent
Extensions
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Robert S. wrote:Sometimes when exiting and re-starting the app hasn't completely exited and continues to run. For an extension to install the app has to completely exit and then started again.

Thanks for the explanation, Robert. Sounds reasonable enough.

XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

makondo wrote:3. What is about:function? Is it for 2.0?
TIA.

Updated: about:plugins and about:config toolbar context menus now include recently added about: functions

I assume this is where you got that from?
If that's the case, read that a little bit more closely. the "about:" and "functions" are separate. It's saying the "about:" menu items added in a recent version to the Help > About: menu (about:about and about:myconfig) are now in the context menus for those two toolbar buttons as well.
User Agent
Extensions
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

XerBlade wrote:

For that instance it would be #330004[Firefox]-Extension Manager is unable to install new extensions [All]. From Cato62 - which is the person I was responding to - the following:
Cato62 wrote:Working great in Firefox 1.5.0.3!

One minor glitch with Thunderbird 1.5.0.2, though. Nothing major, but......

After restarting, UN still showed that the new MTLI was available for update. Puzzled, I checked the EM window and instead of reading MTLI 4.6.4, it showed MTLI 4.2.1. Weird? After the second restart (no, I didn't try to reinstall MTLI) everything took hold as expected.

Not a complaint, just an FYI.

Thanks for this great extension!

Note the statement that after the restart - without any additional steps - it upgraded to the latest version.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Robert S. wrote:
XerBlade wrote:

For that instance it would be #330004[Firefox]-Extension Manager is unable to install new extensions [All]. From Cato62 - which is the person I was responding to - the following:
Cato62 wrote:Working great in Firefox 1.5.0.3!

One minor glitch with Thunderbird 1.5.0.2, though. Nothing major, but......

After restarting, UN still showed that the new MTLI was available for update. Puzzled, I checked the EM window and instead of reading MTLI 4.6.4, it showed MTLI 4.2.1. Weird? After the second restart (no, I didn't try to reinstall MTLI) everything took hold as expected.

Not a complaint, just an FYI.

Thanks for this great extension!

Note the statement that after the restart - without any additional steps - it upgraded to the latest version.

Also note the statement that, after the first restart, the current version went down from 4.6.4 (the version he was upgrading from [this is trying to upgrade to 5.0, remember]) to 4.2.1. In other words, definitely not an issue where Thunderbird simply was not closed and thus not allowing the install to finish yet.
User Agent
Extensions
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I see, then it was the same bug I pointed you to.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

@XerBlade & Robert S.:

This was the first time I had EVER seen an extension <i><b>regress</b></i> version numbers after a restart or upgrade or whatever. Weird.

Thanks to both of you for your input, though!

Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

It has happened before... the original code for the EM didn't always clean out old xpi's or other cruft from the staged-xpis directory which could cause that. I didn't pick up on that you had an earlier version number and have seen others start the app before it has had a chance to exit completely causing the same issue except for the different version number. Also, there is nothing that should trigger it correcting itself unless another install or upgrade is performed which is what led me to think that is what you were experiencing. Anyways, the patch from that bug should prevent this in the future.