[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
RealityRipple

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.0.0b1 (2008 June 17)

Post by RealityRipple »

Not TekTek's. The official Gaia Toolbar.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

RealityRipple wrote:Not TekTek's. The official Gaia Toolbar.

Ah, yes, I see the problem now. I don't have an immediate solution, but it's almost certainly a fault of LiveClick's and I know where to look. Until this gets resolved, you may want to move your live bookmarks into a subfolder on the bookmarks toolbar. I'll keep you posted.
RealityRipple

Post by RealityRipple »

I just got rid of the toolbar for now, actually. I don't really need it; I was just trying it out.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

It seems that not yet localized strings (I'm on de-DE) are just hidden from the context menu instead of being displayed in English... is that intended?
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

Tuxman wrote:It seems that not yet localized strings (I'm on de-DE) are just hidden from the context menu instead of being displayed in English... is that intended?

Hmm... I thought the missing strings would be replaced by their English versions, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'll fix this as soon as I can and upload an updated build. Thanks for pointing this out.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

If you're using a de-DE, es-AR, es-ES, fr-FR, or he-IL version of LiveClick, please try this build instead of the one listed earlier. The strings haven't been completely translated yet, but any missing strings will be replaced by their English equivalents instead of appearing blank.

Download LiveClick 0.3.0.0 (w/ locale fix)
Last edited by protejohnny on July 15th, 2008, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Indeed, it works, thank you. :)
Is there a way to help with the translations?
asin888

Post by asin888 »

It's best ! Thanks !

Suggestion:Can the Extension mark Live Bookmark menus as 'read' or 'unread' ?

LiveClick version:0.2.6.1
Firefox version: 2.0.0.14

Have a nice day !
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@Tuxman: I let BabelZilla handle the translations. If you wish to contribute to the de-DE locale, you'll have to contact the original translator (Starke) and ask to be added to the project. If you want to translate for a language not already used by LiveClick, then BabelZilla lets you do that pretty easily, I believe. In either case, I welcome any help.

@asin8888: You can mark a live bookmark as read (or unread) by right-clicking the live bookmark and selecting one of the commands there. You can also add a "Mark All Items as Read" command to the live bookmark's menu (right below the "Open Location" item) in LiveClick's Options dialog. If all items in the live bookmark are read, then the command becomes "Mark All Items as Unread."
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

OK, I will try so...
cyrax

Post by cyrax »

Keep up the great work! This is one of my most important extension and I can't even browse without it anymore.

But what happened to the little update window that used to slide into the bottom right of the browser window? Will it be back or did I just fail to notice a setting for this? I'm on de-DE as well (including the fix posted by protejohnny) but I can't seem to find it in the settings. Could someone enlighten me?
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@cyrax: The sliding alert should be working. If you installed Firefox 3 over an existing copy of Firefox 2, some of the necessary settings may not have transferred properly. Here's how to check. Open up LiveClick's Options dialog and visit the Monitors pane. Make sure the dropdown menu at the top is set to "Alert me." Then make sure you have some feeds checked in the "Monitored" tab. If those are set and you're still not seeing the alerts, let me know.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

It seems that Starke doesn't come to Babelzilla anymore...
cyrax

Post by cyrax »

protejohnny wrote:@cyrax: The sliding alert should be working. If you installed Firefox 3 over an existing copy of Firefox 2, some of the necessary settings may not have transferred properly. Here's how to check. Open up LiveClick's Options dialog and visit the Monitors pane. Make sure the dropdown menu at the top is set to "Alert me." Then make sure you have some feeds checked in the "Monitored" tab. If those are set and you're still not seeing the alerts, let me know.

You're right, I installed FF3 over FF2 which with the LiveClick addon installed. But I cannot find an "Alert Me" in any of the dropdown menus. I checked all of them in case I checked the wrong one.

I'll translate the first two options in the dropdown menu, the rest is still in English:

Use Global Notifying Rules
Use Global Update Rules
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@Tuxman: I've sent a PM to Starke and another to a BabelZilla admin. Hopefully we'll figure out what to do soon. In any case, I'll PM you with what I learn.

@cyrax: Choose the first option. The alerts window should pop up when a checked feed has a new item. In case you're wondering, the second option automatically opens new items in tabs AND shows the alert window. The translations could probably be more descriptive (the English equivalents should be "Alert me" and "Autoload new items in tabs" respectively).