[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Klenje

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.0.0b1 (2008 June 17)

Post by Klenje »

other extensions that could cause the conflict are FoxMarks, Linkification and Cute Menus -Crystal SVG. I'll try to disactivate one of them to see if the situation changes
Klenje

Post by Klenje »

found the problem, if I disable Cute Menus - Crystal SVG everything is fine. should I try to contact the authors of that extension?
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

Klenje wrote:found the problem, if I disable Cute Menus - Crystal SVG everything is fine. should I try to contact the authors of that extension?

Thanks for locating the problem. It appears that enabling CuteMenus's FlatStyle option prevents LiveClick from altering the text style of livemarks and live bookmark items. The CuteMenus developer notes that FlatStyle may not work well with other extensions, so we'll probably have to sort this one out on our own. I hope to have better answers shortly.
protejohnny

[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.0.0 (2008 July 11)

Post by protejohnny »

Here is the final release of LiveClick 0.3.0.0. It contains mostly bug fixes. I decided to bump all requested options to the next version rather than try to include them in this version. I've just uploaded it to AMO, so until that goes public, use the link below to download. As always, if you encounters any problems, please let me know. Thanks!

Download v0.3.0.0 (Firefox 3 users only)

0.3.0.0 Changelog (++ new since Beta 1):
+ Livemarks (aka Live Bookmark folders) can be styled when fresh, read, and unread
+ Fresh style available for all Live Bookmark items
+ Read and unread styles can be mixed and matched
+ Live Bookmarks submenu added to Bookmarks menu
+ Option to mark all Live Bookmarks as read via Live Bookmarks submenu
+ Option to clear Live Bookmarks history via Live Bookmarks submenu
+ Option to open unread items in tabs via livemark menu; replaces "Open All in Tabs"
+ Option to open fresh items in tabs as LiveClick or via context menu
+ Option to keep livemark menu open after middle-clicking items
+ Option to mark items as read after viewing livemark menu, visiting site, or exiting Firefox
+ Option to alert after autoloading
+ New monitor: Tag new items (Smart Bookmarks)
+ Added a throbber icon to "Live Bookmark loading..." menu items
+ Added an error icon to "Live Bookmark feed failed to load" menu items
+ Framework in place to support Live Bookmarks in bookmarks sidebar and library
** Marking feeds/items as read/unread no longer closes livemark menu
* Common LiveClick commands are now shown at the bottom of livemark menus by default
* "Open Feed" command no longer appears in livemark menu by default
* Numerous changes to strings and shortcut keys
* "LiveClick Options" menu item removed from Tools menu
* Rearranged LiveClick Options dialog

Fully localized: en-US, ca-AD, de-DE, fr-FR, hu-HU, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, ru-RU, zh-CN, zh-TW

The complete list of fixed issues, known bugs, and things to do for LiveClick 0.3.+ can be found on my ever-developing site:
http://projects.protej.com/index.php?/l ... lick_0300/
cyrax

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.0.0 (2008 July 11)

Post by cyrax »

Awesome, just installed it. I'll let you know if I come across any errors. Big Thank You! to everyone who works and worked on this add-on. It's highly appreciated!

[edit]: Okay, I'd just like to return to my previous request. Can you make it possible again that if you get new rss entries and close Firefox without checking them, that the little pop-up message in the bottom right corner comes up again the next time you start the browser? Apart from that, the final version is great. Very smooth.
em28

Post by em28 »

Excellent add-on , must b a ff default. =D>
May I suggest something that I hope will be a great improvement to this add-on ? :oops:

I found it very useful to mouseover on rss link and getting a preview of it.
It's done with the add-on named "boox" , but the tow add-on can't live together.
Can u pls make them work at the same time or combine the functionality of boox into liveclick ?
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@cyrax: The next version will give you an option to repeat alerts, either every time the feed is checked or once per Firefox session. This is close to, but not exactly, the same behavior as Firefox 2, where the alerts popped up immediately after starting up Firefox. PM me if you'd like to try this out (only the en-US locale is available for this version at this time).

@em28: I'm not familiar with boox's code, but I suspect both extensions are trying to modify the same things at the same time, which is probably why they can't work together. Adding detailed "tooltips" is on the list of things to do for LiveClick, but that's probably a ways off. If I get that feature done or figure out how to get LiveClick working with boox, I'll be sure to let you know.
cyrax

Post by cyrax »

protejohnny wrote:@cyrax: The next version will give you an option to repeat alerts, either every time the feed is checked or once per Firefox session. This is close to, but not exactly, the same behavior as Firefox 2, where the alerts popped up immediately after starting up Firefox. PM me if you'd like to try this out (only the en-US locale is available for this version at this time).

That sounds great. Would be even better than it was in FF2.
zxcv12

Post by zxcv12 »

I'm having trouble with favicons being displayed. I have the latest version you just posted but none of the favicons for the RSS feeds are showing up. I've tried reinstalling and nothing has been working. Any advice?
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

zxcv12 wrote:I'm having trouble with favicons being displayed. I have the latest version you just posted but none of the favicons for the RSS feeds are showing up. I've tried reinstalling and nothing has been working. Any advice?

I have reported this before to protejohnny. He is looking into a way to fix this. Until a fix is done, you're going to have to make do without favicons (as clearing your private data also clears the favicons off the RSS feeds).
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

As Ngamer01 notes, favicons for live bookmarks are erased if you clear your private data. I'm still working on this problem and I hope to have a fix in the next version or two.

@zxcv12: I just want to make sure. Are favicons showing up for any of your RSS feeds? If not, could you make sure that the "Display favicons" option is checked in LiveClick's Options dialog. If it is and you continue to have favicon problems, try this. Some live bookmarks have no favicon because the live bookmark's "Site Location" (according to the live bookmark's properties) has no favicon. Can you create a normal bookmark using the site location and see if the new bookmark's icon changes appropriately when you click the bookmark?

In any case, I'd appreciate it if you (or anyone else having favicon problems) could share the feed URLs of the troublesome live bookmarks. It's a lot easier to deduce the problem when I have more specific cases.

One last caveat: LiveClick depends on Firefox to do much of the favicon work. If Firefox fails to discover a favicon, LiveClick will, too.
zxcv12

Post by zxcv12 »

The option to display favicons is on. It doesn't display any of the favicon images. For example, http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml fails to show up. What could it be? They all worked in FF2 but after I switch over my bookmarks and installed the new Liveclick I can't see any.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

zxcv12 wrote:The option to display favicons is on. It doesn't display any of the favicon images. For example, http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml fails to show up. What could it be? They all worked in FF2 but after I switch over my bookmarks and installed the new Liveclick I can't see any.

Could you try one more thing? Visit http://www.engadget.com and wait for the page to finish loading. Then right-click your Engadget live bookmark and select "Reload Live Bookmark." The favicon should change immediately (which is what happened for me). Favicons do not carry over when upgrading to Firefox 3, but re-visiting the site locations and reloading the live bookmarks (or restarting Firefox) should restore them. The key is to visit the site locations at least once so Firefox can discover the favicons.

If this doesn't work, then there's definitely a problem somewhere. Is there any other function of LiveClick that doesn't behave as expected? Do you have any other extensions or themes installed?
vanjos72

Post by vanjos72 »

First of all, I love this addon. I was quite happily using a version that looked like 0.3.0.0 but with a letter r somewhere at the end and maybe some other letter but I forget. Anyway, I was told by Firefox that there was an update and I agreed to the update but it failed to download. It did eventually download when it tried a few hours later. I am now experiencing a problem with the left single click on Livemarks behaviour. Previously I had set this behaviour to open location - but when I click it now the Livemark disappears from the list (which is what normally happens when I mark a feed as read). If I tell it to open in a new tab with the left click it opens in the current tab. So I have managed to get the original behaviour I want by telling it to open in a new tab which it ignores and opens in the current tab. There seems to be some disconnect between what you tell it to do in the configuration and what it actually does. I do not know the full extent of this problem as this is all I have noticed so far.
zxcv12

Post by zxcv12 »

protejohnny wrote:
zxcv12 wrote:The option to display favicons is on. It doesn't display any of the favicon images. For example, http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml fails to show up. What could it be? They all worked in FF2 but after I switch over my bookmarks and installed the new Liveclick I can't see any.

Could you try one more thing? Visit http://www.engadget.com and wait for the page to finish loading. Then right-click your Engadget live bookmark and select "Reload Live Bookmark." The favicon should change immediately (which is what happened for me). Favicons do not carry over when upgrading to Firefox 3, but re-visiting the site locations and reloading the live bookmarks (or restarting Firefox) should restore them. The key is to visit the site locations at least once so Firefox can discover the favicons.

If this doesn't work, then there's definitely a problem somewhere. Is there any other function of LiveClick that doesn't behave as expected? Do you have any other extensions or themes installed?

Nope... still doesn't work. I'm using the default theme and I don't think I have any add-ons that would affect Liveclick. However, I do have a script running that makes the Firefox toolbar two rows. Could that be affecting it?