[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Tuxman

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.0.0b1 (2008 June 17)

Post by Tuxman »

Thanks in advance...
cyrax

Post by cyrax »

protejohnny wrote:@cyrax: Choose the first option. The alerts window should pop up when a checked feed has a new item. In case you're wondering, the second option automatically opens new items in tabs AND shows the alert window. The translations could probably be more descriptive (the English equivalents should be "Alert me" and "Autoload new items in tabs" respectively).

Yes, that works. Thank you. I must've missed it somehow, keep up the good work on this add-on! :)

[edit]: If an entry is updated, the Alert Window pops up and you close Firefox without checking that entry, the 'old' plugin made the Alert Window pop up again when you started Firefox the next time until you checked that new entry. This doesn't happen with this version, would it be possible to bring that back?
asin888

Post by asin888 »

protejohnny wrote:@asin8888: You can mark a live bookmark as read (or unread) by right-clicking the live bookmark and selecting one of the commands there. You can also add a "Mark All Items as Read" command to the live bookmark's menu (right below the "Open Location" item) in LiveClick's Options dialog. If all items in the live bookmark are read, then the command becomes "Mark All Items as Unread."

Thanks for reply!

It's perplexed when there are many live bookmarks, the user can't know which one has new items.

I suggest that mark the live bookmark's menu when all items in the live bookmark are read, so, the user can know which menu is read and which menu is unread in menu list.

Or another solution : Displays the number of unread item in the live bookmark's menu.

Thanks!

LiveClick version: 0.2.6.1
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@cyrax: I always considered it a bug that LiveClick would "forget" that it had already alerted you about an old new item every time you restart Firefox. But I can see how you might actually want that. I'll try to add an option for that in a future version, hopefully sooner rather than later.

@asin888: I misunderstood your original question. Sorry about that! If you want the menu to appear like items do when they are marked as read (that is, you want the live bookmark's label to be faded out, too), well, that's one of the new features introduced in LiveClick 0.3.0.0. Unfortunately, that version won't work on Firefox 2. There were enough differences between Firefox 2 and 3 that I decided to stop supporting 2 altogether. I hope that gives you another reason to try Firefox 3.
asin888

Post by asin888 »

protejohnny wrote:@asin888: I misunderstood your original question. Sorry about that! If you want the menu to appear like items do when they are marked as read (that is, you want the live bookmark's label to be faded out, too), well, that's one of the new features introduced in LiveClick 0.3.0.0. Unfortunately, that version won't work on Firefox 2. There were enough differences between Firefox 2 and 3 that I decided to stop supporting 2 altogether. I hope that gives you another reason to try Firefox 3.

Thanks !

For some reasons, I can't use Firefox 3 in this computer in the daytime. :cry:

If possible, I'll try Firefox 3.
cyrax

Post by cyrax »

protejohnny wrote:@cyrax: I always considered it a bug that LiveClick would "forget" that it had already alerted you about an old new item every time you restart Firefox. But I can see how you might actually want that. I'll try to add an option for that in a future version, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sweet, looking forward to it. Thanks!
Klenje

Post by Klenje »

Hi, thanks for the new version, the colors on items to see what's new is a great feature. I'm having problems though, it seems that if I have a bunch of live bookmarks in a subfolder, the Livemarks don't get a color if they're updated. The items inside are signed as unread, but you can see it only if you open the submenus. I've played a little also with color, trying also with boldface instead of orange, but it doesn't change. Also, if you set to orange fresh items, is it the expected behaviour that only icons, not the actual item's text, become orange?
Finally, are these colors supported with other themes, or they will need some modifications?
Hope I explained at least something :)
great job again btw, if only Mozilla's guys could fix the bug of high cpu usage when loading livemarks at Firefox startup... =D>
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

Klenje wrote:Hi, thanks for the new version, the colors on items to see what's new is a great feature. I'm having problems though, it seems that if I have a bunch of live bookmarks in a subfolder, the Livemarks don't get a color if they're updated. The items inside are signed as unread, but you can see it only if you open the submenus. I've played a little also with color, trying also with boldface instead of orange, but it doesn't change. Also, if you set to orange fresh items, is it the expected behaviour that only icons, not the actual item's text, become orange?
Finally, are these colors supported with other themes, or they will need some modifications?

Livemarks in subfolders should appear the same way livemarks on the bookmarks toolbar or in the root of the bookmarks menu do. Also, the orange style should be applied to the text of the livemark and live bookmark items, not just the icon of the items.

A couple of notes... 1) If you change a style via LiveClick's Options, you may need to reset before the changes take fully effect. 2) If you restart after a Firefox crash, LiveClick may not accurately show which livemarks have fresh items.

I've only tested a few themes with LiveClick, so it's possible some are incompatible or are causing some of the problems you've encountered. What theme are you using?
Klenje

Post by Klenje »

I've tried to:
go back to default theme
reset liveclick settings

but I still get only the icon in orange, not the item text. I think it's a liveclick's bug, not something with the themes...
asin888

Post by asin888 »

I use Firefox 3 now!

Thanks for so good extension !

Have a nice day !
Webb

Post by Webb »

Is LiveClick rewriting my links in Fx3? I can't find any other explanation.

For example I have a rss to http://userscripts.org/feeds/recent_scripts and the location is http://userscripts.org/scripts. Every now and then the location rewrites itself to http://userscripts.org/

This happens with several other feeds. I haven't been using Fx3 long enough to figure out any other reason.

I have followed your advice about installing beta 0.3.0b1 in Fx2 and exporting my preferences but nothing helps.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@Klenje: I'm afraid I still can't reproduce this problem. I installed LiveClick 0.3.0.0b1 on a fresh copy of Firefox 3 on Windows XP SP2, using only the default theme. The icons and text of live bookmark items both appear orange, as expected. Are you using another extension that alters bookmarks in any way? There could be a conflict between one of those extensions and LiveClick.

@Webb: I'm aware of the problem, but it's out of LiveClick's hands, so to speak. Beginning with Firefox 3, you can no longer specify custom locations of live bookmarks. If you try, Firefox 3 will "fix" it, changing the location back to what it thinks the home page should be. As an example, view the source of the userscripts.org RSS feed and you'll see a link tag with the value "http://userscripts.org/". That's why that particular feed always rewrites its location there.

I've discussed this issue on Bugzilla, arguing that users should be able to set custom locations or, at the least, be prevented from trying to change it. Like several live bookmark issues, it remains unresolved. I'm exploring a few ideas on how to get LiveClick to accept custom locations, but that's still in the early stages.
Webb

Post by Webb »

Yes, I noticed that this happens even when the extension is disabled. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It's actually worse than I thought, as some links are rewritten to nonexistent pages.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

Webb wrote:It's actually worse than I thought, as some links are rewritten to nonexistent pages.

Could you list examples of this? I can file a formal Bugzilla bug if I had concrete examples of when this "feature" causes more problems than it solves. Right now, the Firefox devs probably don't care much for my hypotheticals.
Webb

Post by Webb »

Last edited by Webb on July 6th, 2008, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.