[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
protejohnny

[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Post by protejohnny »

Now available for download, LiveClick 0.3.7.0 is a quick maintenance release that fixes a few bugs and tightens the code a bit. Note that due to upcoming incompatibilities, this may be the last version of LiveClick to support Firefox 3.0. We continue to develop for Firefox 3.5, 3.6, and beyond, so please consider upgrading if you haven’t already.

The complete changelog for 0.3.7.0 is here:
http://projects.protej.com/index.php/li ... lick_0370/

Download v0.3.7.0 (Firefox 3.0 – 3.6.*)
RoksVempire

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Post by RoksVempire »

Hi!

Same bug of previous release:

klischee

Post by klischee »

Hi!

Thanks for the addon. But I have a little problem. It seems your addon changes the position-rules of the dynamic bookmarks. I edited some CSS, and now dynamic bookmarks are moved a little to wrong possitions, when i deactivate LiveClick, they are on the correct positions.

It seems you set fixed positions of .menu-iconic-left, .menu-iconic-icon and/or .menu-iconic-text.

Please could you have a look on it, so you're addon get's more compatiblility to skins or userstyles? (If not me is the one doing something wrong :D). Tested with 4.0 Beta only.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

klischee: CSS is not my strong suit, so LiveClick may be doing exactly what you describe, but I don't know why or how. In one of LiveClick's CSS files, .menu-iconic-text and .menu-iconic-left are referenced in an attempt to change item opacity (for the Faded Out option). It does not explicitly set a fixed position here nor anywhere else that I can remember.

What skin/userstyle are you using? What CSS edits did you try? If you can tell me how to reproduce this problem, I might have a better idea of what's gone wrong.
klischee

Post by klischee »

protejohnny wrote:What skin/userstyle are you using? What CSS edits did you try? If you can tell me how to reproduce this problem, I might have a better idea of what's gone wrong.

Here's the part of my style which causes the wrong positions of dynamic bookmarks in folder-menus when LiveClick is enabled:

Code: Select all

menuitem, .menu-iconic.bookmark-item, menu {
 -moz-appearance:none !important;
 background: transparent !important;
 border: 1px solid transparent !important;
 max-height: 18px !important;
 min-height: 18px !important;
 margin-top: 1px !important;}

menuitem:hover, .menu-iconic.bookmark-item:hover, menu:hover {
 -moz-appearance:none !important;
 border: 1px solid rgba(26, 34, 73, 0.6) !important;
 margin-top: 1px !important;
 background: rgba(187, 193, 215, 0.6) !important;}

.menu-iconic-left, .menu-iconic-icon {
 margin-left: -1px !important;
 max-height: 16px !important;
 min-height: 16px !important;}

This code used with LiveClick disabled:

This code used with LiveClick enabled:

I also checked this in a clean profile on Firefox 4.0 Beta 3 with only LiveClick 0.4.0.0b1 installed, and using the code with the userChrome.css (see screenshot). But the problem occurs with LiveClick 0.3.7.0 on Firefox 3.6.8 too (see screenshot). :-k

It seems only .menu-iconic-left is the problem, because with...

Code: Select all

menu[container="true"][livemark="true"] .menu-iconic-left{
display: none;}

... the positions are okay, while hiding .menu-iconic-icon doesn't 'solve' the position problem.

Can you reproduce it? :O Sadly, I can't help you any further, because I am no professional (so it could be my code is wrong, not yours :-")

[Firefox 4.0 Beta 3 on Windows 7 + Aero]
klischee

Post by klischee »

Heyo

I have a little request. Could you possibly add a new feature to set an option what happens when a live-bookmark-"folder" gets clicked? At moment if you click one with left mouse button, the main page get's loaded. So you have to wait till the mouse hover opens the live-bookmark menu with the rss-feeds. Would be cool if you change the behaviour for example too "Open Live-Bookmark Menu" or "Open all feeds", "Open Root Page" or such :)
David.P

Post by David.P »

LiveClick has stopped working properly!

I can't get LC to hide visited entries anymore AT ALL. All entries always stay visible after opening a LC bookmark and/or after visiting one or more of the entries. Only the LC icon itself gets greyed out correctly. The rest of it is not working. :(

Pls. instruct,

Cheers David.P

---
Firefox 3.6.15
LiveClick 0.4.1.0
Windows XP
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

David, you should repost this on the developer's site:
http://projects.protej.com/index.php/li ... lick_0410/

I don't think protejohnny even comes to these forums anymore.
David.P

Post by David.P »

Thanks!
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

It seems this great add-on is broken in v13. :-(
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Yeah, something in Firefox 13 has broken LiveClick 0.4.2.0. You can report the problem using this contact form: http://projects.protej.com/index.php/site/contact/

EDIT - This was just posted to the LiveClick site:
http://projects.protej.com/index.php/li ... liveclick/

An alpha build with Fx 13 only compatibility is supposed to be ready for testers in a week or so. Fx 12 and under users would still need to use version 0.4.2.0.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

An update is coming soon. Read all about it here.
koesper

Re:

Post by koesper »

I've been using this plugin for years now, and only once in a while there are issues with it when a Firefox update breaks it.
But protejohnny always swiftly fixes them.

To show my appreciation, i just donated a few bucks. And only then I realised that i've should this years ago.
In my defence, I apparently asked for a way to donate somewhere in 2007

protejohnny wrote:@koesper: Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment. I don't have anything in place to accept donations right now... maybe when I get a real website set up. In any case, your support is greatly appreciated.

But since then, Johnny opened up a donation page.
So i strongly encourage everyone to show our undying gratitude to the great efforts of Sir Johnny

Regards,
Casper
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

With the latest nighties Builds this extension don´t update the livemarks anymore :(
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Prof. Martelo wrote:With the latest nighties Builds this extension don´t update the livemarks anymore :(

Livemarks are now asynchronous. Probably LiveClick needs to be adapted to use the new asynchronous callbacks.

Phil