[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
koesper

Open all unread in tabs

Post by koesper »

Liveclick is great!
a few things though...
(I hate when i do that... first i say it is great, and then i immediately ruin it by implying it isnt great at all...
no really, i love it, but i would love it even more if there were a few extra options)

Would it be possible to add an option so i can open all items in a feed which i havent read yet?
This would be combining two existing great features into a new even cooler option...

And i found that setting the options for the tool is a bit counter-intuitive... most plugins have a 'plugin name settings' item in the tools menu. to set the options for liveclick you first have to go to tools->add-ons, and then to LiveClick and there are the options...
Is there a specific reason why the options can only be set from there?

Regards,
Casper
koesper

Post by koesper »

Is it just me, or is liveclick abandoned?

It cannot be found on the mozilla add-on page anymore: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2499/

any suggestions of other add-ons that might do the same?
sparklingdreams

conflicts with "Add Bookmark Here 2.0"

Post by sparklingdreams »

it seemed nice but it did weird things with non-rss bookmarks. like it'd say (empty) at the top of all folders instead of my first bookmark. the worst though is that it conflicts with <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3880/">"Add Bookmark Here 2.0" (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3880/)</a> which is just like way essential for me.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@koesper: As of this writing, LiveClick can once again be downloaded from the Mozilla Add-ons page. Even if that changes, the extension should still appear in the sandbox, if I understand the new system correctly.

@sparklingdreams: Thanks for the notice about Add Bookmark Here 2.0. I'll definitely look into that. The (empty) bug is an odd one that I haven't encountered before. Do you have any other bookmark extensions installed?

For the record, LiveClick is not abandoned. I just haven't had much time to work on it since the last release. Fortunately there haven't been any critical bugs or major conflicts that needed addressing (until recently, that is). I appreciate your support and your patience, and I'm highly grateful to those of you who manage to answer the questions of other posters. Rest assured, all your suggestions and critiques are read and I'm constantly putting together a list of things I'd like to work on for the next version. Feel free to share any other comments you may have. Thanks!
koesper

Post by koesper »

thank bob! liveclick is still alive!
I was just a bit worried since this thread seemed a bit dead, and it was temporary removed from the mozilla site.
But now its back again, so i immediately reinstalled it!

Protejohnny, keep up the good work, and i'll promise to be more patient in the future :-)

Regards,
Koesper
traviscn

Post by traviscn »

this extension also seems to conflict with Bookmark This Page Plus 0.2
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3928

protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@traviscn: Thanks for the tip. The next release of LiveClick will correct that problem. However, you might want to contact the author of that extension and suggest that the "Bookmark This Page" option not appear in live bookmark menus. It doesn't seem to do anything. Thanks again!
protejohnny

[Ext] LiveClick 0.2.2

Post by protejohnny »

AMO has approved the latest version of my extension, LiveClick 0.2.2. A previous version was released a couple of weeks ago, but it contained a few bugs which are now corrected. Both change logs are below. Many thanks to Olive and Pavel for making the latest releases public.

Download at AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2499

Complete 0.2.2 Changelog:
* Fixed bottom menu items displacement from v0.2.1
* Fixed 'No Unread Items' displacement from v0.2.1
* Resolved conflict with extension Bookmark This Page Plus
* Fully localized: en-US, fr-FR, hu-HU, it-IT, nl-NL, pl-PL

Complete 0.2.1 Changelog:
* 'LiveClick Options' menu item added to Tools menu
* Livemark option added: Open unread items in tabs
* Livemark option added: Reload live bookmark
* Right-click a folder to reload its live bookmarks
* Prompt for action when loading a livemark without a location
* Display success message after importing/restoring settings
* Resolved conflicts with extensions: Add Bookmark Here 2.0, Tab Mix Plus
* Resolved conflicts with themes: Noia 2.0 eXtreme

Development on the next version is well underway. Please help translate it at BabelZilla (see this thread for more info on v0.2.3). Questions and suggestions are welcome as always. Thanks!
protejohnny

[Ext] LiveClick 0.2.3

Post by protejohnny »

LiveClick 0.2.3 is out. Thanks to Pavel for approving the latest release mere minutes after I uploaded it to AMO.

I call this the "context menu version," as it includes fully-featured right-click options (at last!). You can now mark individual feed items as read or unread; right-click the feed item for an option to toggle its read status. You can also mark an entire feed as unread; right-click the livemark and select 'Mark All Items as Unread.' This version also makes it easier to add live bookmarks. Right-click a page that has feeds and select "Live Bookmark This Page." Alternatively you can right-click a feed/RSS/XML link and select "Live Bookmark This Feed Link" to create a live bookmark.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for future versions.

Download at AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2499

Complete 0.2.3 Changelog:
* Mark individual feed items as read/unread
* Mark all feed items as unread
* Show 'Mark All Items As Unread' when all items read
* Added LiveClick options to livemark right-click menu
* Added 'Live Bookmark This Page' when right-clicking the page
* Added 'Live Bookmark This Feed Link' when right-clicking a link
* Show 'Open All in Tabs' when at least one item exists
* Fixed empty/unread items to be more consistent
* Fixed 'Open Unread Items in Tabs' for Firefox 1.5
* Fixed other code to improve performance
* Fully localized: en-US, fr-FR, hu-HU, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, ru-RU

The LiveClick Options Mac bug should be fixed in LiveClick 0.2.4. See this post.
Last edited by protejohnny on May 8th, 2007, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
koesper

Post by koesper »

Hi Johnny!
Thanks for the updates the last couple of weeks, its really cool to see that LiveClick is still alive!
Keep up the good work! and thanks for adding my featurerequest: 'open all unread'.
My boss especially likes to thank you, i now have to spend less time opening all of my daily webcomics :-)

Is there a way to donate a few bucks for your time? (to you or a charity of your choice)
Cybertronic

Post by Cybertronic »

Thanks for this fantastic extension! :)

Is it possible to adjust the amount of RSS feeds from a specific website? I'm just wondering because one of the RSS feeds I've subscribed to, the pop out menu goes from the top to the bottom of the browser with arrows to scroll down and up.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

@koesper: Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment. I don't have anything in place to accept donations right now... maybe when I get a real website set up. In any case, your support is greatly appreciated.

@Cybertronic: There's an undocumented setting in LiveClick that can limit the number of items you see in a feed menu. Type "about:config" in your address bar (without the quotes), search for liveclick and set the extensions.liveclick.maxFeedItems preference to a reasonable number. Whatever number you use will be the maximum number of items shown per feed. This setting affects all feeds.
Cybertronic

Post by Cybertronic »

Thanks, protejohnny :)
gossamergausman

Might be a bug...

Post by gossamergausman »

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but...

When I add several live bookmarks in a row from a series of different websites, the Location URLs that are saved sometimes get mixed up, although the Feed Locations are correct.

As a result the live bookmarks might point to the right feeds but the wrong websites. So when I click 'Open Location' the wrong website comes up.
protejohnny

Post by protejohnny »

If you could answer a couple of questions to help me reproduce this problem, that'd be great.

Are you adding the live bookmarks via the context menu ("Live Bookmark This Page"), the location bar (the RSS icon), or the Bookmarks Manager?

If you create a live bookmark from one of the mixed up sites without adding a series of live bookmarks after that, does the Location URL take you to the expected site?

(Cross-posted at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ionID=1084)