[Theme] NASA Normal 0.7.4 Beta and up

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

DMCrimson wrote:Shame that it's M$-only option in CSS, grayscale filter for images would make life so much easier:P

yeah, that is a shame
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

well, we can only hope that something like that comes to standard:)
Pierantonio

Post by Pierantonio »

Beautiful the modernization of the theme, but in the window options lacks one icon.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3936 ... asahd6.jpg

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20070201 Minefield/3.0a2pre ID:2007020104 [cairo]
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Pierantonio wrote:Beautiful the modernization of the theme, but in the window options lacks one icon.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3936 ... asahd6.jpg

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20070201 Minefield/3.0a2pre ID:2007020104 [cairo]

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I'm a little confused though because I'm looking at the Options window with 3.0a2pre and I see all my icons in place. In fact, all of the icons in the theme are black and white (like the ones on the main browser toolbar) and I don't see any of the right icons in your picture. Is there any chance you put have some rules in userChrome.css to change the icons?
Pierantonio

Post by Pierantonio »

I ask excuse, the guilt is mine that is of “Feed Icon loaded Fix” in the extension “stylish”. Thanks and ciao.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Very good. Thanks again.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

Hey mcdavis941,

I just made my first attempt at theme'ing... used your NASA Normal as a starter and finally figured out DOM Inspector. Now THAT is one cool tool! Made life way easier.

I've submitted the theme on Mozilla but probably be a few days before I hear back. Until then, I got it posted at http://www.caffeinated.org/mozilla/Harley_Davidson.jar (v.0.2.2)

I haven't figured out where/how to change the hover background-color for the toolbarmenu buttons (the icons). They still turn gray which I'd like to change. Suggestions?

Thanks! :)
+grant
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

gconklin wrote:Hey mcdavis941,

I just made my first attempt at theme'ing... used your NASA Normal as a starter and finally figured out DOM Inspector. Now THAT is one cool tool! Made life way easier.

I've submitted the theme on Mozilla but probably be a few days before I hear back. Until then, I got it posted at http://www.caffeinated.org/mozilla/Harley_Davidson.jar (v.0.2.2)

I haven't figured out where/how to change the hover background-color for the toolbarmenu buttons (the icons). They still turn gray which I'd like to change. Suggestions?

Thanks! :)
+grant

About the toolbar buttons, I'm seeing them all as orange, not gray. Are you talking about in the main browser window? Check out these files:

global/toolbar.css
global/browser.css
browser/browser.css

Also, I'm pretty sure you're gonna want to change the icons displayed on the Options and Add-on Manager windows. Maybe the Harley logo is going there too?

If you want to change the NASA blue to a Harley orange, search through the source code for #006699 (that's the blue color).

That's a great start. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

mcdavis941 wrote:
About the toolbar buttons, I'm seeing them all as orange, not gray. Are you talking about in the main browser window?

I'm confused. The main menu icons (which I have as pistons for BACK and FORWARD and skull for STOP) turn gray background upon roll-over for me. Are you saying you see orange? The only button I have working properly is the urlbar GO button. But perhaps I have something configured on my system differently that isn't resolving this?

mcdavis941 wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure you're gonna want to change the icons displayed on the Options and Add-on Manager windows. Maybe the Harley logo is going there too?

Most definitely! :) I just want to get some of the basics wrapped up first.

mcdavis941 wrote:If you want to change the NASA blue to a Harley orange, search through the source code for #006699 (that's the blue color).

Thanks! I did find that though by another awesome tool I finally found, colorzilla! man, these are great tools! Oh, I found these tools from your online docs. Thanks!!! :)
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

gconklin wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:
About the toolbar buttons, I'm seeing them all as orange, not gray. Are you talking about in the main browser window?

I'm confused. The main menu icons (which I have as pistons for BACK and FORWARD and skull for STOP) turn gray background upon roll-over for me. Are you saying you see orange?

Exactly. When I roll over toolbar buttons in the main browser window, they have orange backgrounds.

The only button I have working properly is the urlbar GO button. But perhaps I have something configured on my system differently that isn't resolving this?

Maybe something in your userChrome.css
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

mcdavis941 wrote:
gconklin wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:

I'm confused. The main menu icons (which I have as pistons for BACK and FORWARD and skull for STOP) turn gray background upon roll-over for me. Are you saying you see orange?

Exactly. When I roll over toolbar buttons in the main browser window, they have orange backgrounds.

The only button I have working properly is the urlbar GO button. But perhaps I have something configured on my system differently that isn't resolving this?

Maybe something in your userChrome.css

Wa'oh! Nope, my userChrome.css is empty (except for comments). This is a bummer if I'm not able to develop against the rest of the world. HELP!
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

What do you have on line 283 of browser/browser.css in the version you linked to above? The version I downloaded has it setting the background color to orange for toolbarbuttons in the hover state.

You could try using DOM Inspector to see which CSS rules apply. Click the element in the left side of DOM Inspector, then pick "CSS Style Rules" in the right panel. You might need to set the :hover pseudoclass on the element in DOM Inspector to get it to show you the right rules.
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

yea, I tried defining the background-color in a couple places but couldn't get it to resolve. But what's confusing me is that YOU'RE seeing it resolve. Now I need to figure out why my system is different! Perhaps something with another extension or FX setting? I'll look into it but if you think of anything please buzz me. Thanks! :)
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

Hmmm, uninstalled some unused extensions and nothing different.

One thing, I doubt I want the rollover to be orange now, but I still need to get control of it for even my system... This is irritating!

Much appreciate any thoughts :)
gconklin

Post by gconklin »

btw, thanks for the tip on the DOM Inspector! I wasn't aware it went even that deep! Man its sweeter than sweet. :) But still haven't figure out my problem :( lol