[Ext] Menu Editor 1.2.3 (fx2 compatibility release)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Same here, thanks!
Why there 2 entries for Bookmarks/Subscribe to this page - one of them seems to be a folder?
Lost User 146821

Post by Lost User 146821 »

There's a conflict with the AddBookmarkHere extension: whenever I click the AddBookmarkHere entry on any bookmark folder, Menu Editor makes Firefox crash.
If I disable the Menu Editor extension, then AddBookmarkHere works as expected.
Any idea out there?
Cheers
Old WildcatRay

Post by Old WildcatRay »

I noticed this. See if anyone else can confirm this.

I moved the Save Image As... to the top of the context menu (above View Image) and most of my FlashGot context menu items (especially FlashGot Link) were dropped off. (This is for images that are also hyper links.)
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

makondo: It's a Firefox implementation detail I haven't had time to work around in the Options dialog: http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15254

Derfel: please file a bug in menueditor bugzilla with as much information as possible (e.g. links to extension's xpis; steps to reproduce starting with a clean profile). If this actually crashes, submit a talkback report and consider filing a bug in mozilla.org's bugzilla as well (don't forget to post the talkback ID in your report).

WildcatRay: same, please file a bug in menueditor's bugzilla with detailed steps to reproduce.

Thanks for testing!

The URL for bug filing: http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/enter_bug.cg ... menueditor
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

asqueella,
thanks! I was just curious (i don't show bookmarks menu at all, using a button). Thanks for your time!
bmix

Confirming crash with AddBookmarkHere

Post by bmix »

Same here, when using "Add Bookmark here..." Firefox 2 crashes. I can confirm this on WinXP/Pro/SP2.

AddBookmarkHere - 0.5.5
MenuEditor - 1.2.3

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 Mnenhy/0.7.4.0

Reproducable: always
Andreas
lisapan

Post by lisapan »

I got it fixed after resetting the settings for bookmarks.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

1.2.3 lost the controls to Maximize and Minimize the Menu Editor window that was present in earlier versions.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Confirmed (but it still resizes!).
bmix

Post by bmix »

lisapan wrote:I got it fixed after resetting the settings for bookmarks.

What do you mean by "resetting the settings for bookmarks" ? Did you erase your old bookmark file and create a new one ?
Andreas
Old WildcatRay

Post by Old WildcatRay »

WildcatRay wrote:I noticed this. See if anyone else can confirm this.

I moved the Save Image As... to the top of the context menu (above View Image) and most of my FlashGot context menu items (especially FlashGot Link) were dropped off. (This is for images that are also hyper links.)

I have not filed a bug for this because at this point I only see it on a subscription web site page. If I can find a non-subscription page where this is an issue, I will go ahead and file one.
Urtho

Post by Urtho »

I haven't tested this yet on Windows as I don't have anything but tools visible, but on OS X, I have history set to hide, and bookmarks to show. However bookmarks is not visible and history is. If I go into the options for Menu Editor and hide bookmarks and show history then apply and switch back it works for the session. If I quit and come back in it is the same as it was before the options change.
I just tried to drop to the minimum of menus visible, namely just Bookmarks and Tools, and it now only shows View, History, Window, and help.... If I change windows it shows all the menus as well, ie. open the download window. Perhaps this is related to the fact that OS X adds the Window menu?
StormFX

Post by StormFX »

I'd like to see this made so that the list is dynamically generated (if it's not already). I installed a custom menu to the main menu bar, but it doesn't show up in Menu Editor. :/

Alternatively, I'd like to see the option to add custom entries. Like the ability to add menus, submenus and menu items. That would be wonderful. :)
bmix

Post by bmix »

Agreed. And to reorder the root-menu items in the menu-bar, make them disappear and put dynamic spacers in between. I have a full "del.icio.us" after "Help". And I would like to have "Help" right-aligned, the rest left-aligned. With a flex-spacer this should be possible.

Any news on the "Add Bookmark here...." conflict with FF2 ?
Andreas
Lost User 146821

Post by Lost User 146821 »

bmix wrote:Any news on the "Add Bookmark here...." conflict with FF2 ?

Sure!
lissie wrote:To fix it, I just created new profile and edited all kinds of menus except ones for bookmarks.
Now it works fine.

That works.
Cheers