[Ext] Menu Editor 1.2.3 (fx2 compatibility release)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

You may want to check KB - 'Unresposive script' (with links to MoZine threads about it) and the list of problematic exts., just in case.
pinkieandpie

Post by pinkieandpie »

Great suggestions makonda (and cute pup!), but I have been thru the unresponsive script threads and the problematic extensions and couldn't find anything. The only suspect add-on I had was AdBlock+ which I uninstalled but the problem persisted.

I also deleted my MIMETypes.rdf, downloads.rdf and menuedit.js files. Then reinstalled Menu Editor but no luck!
pinkieandpie

Post by pinkieandpie »

Hey! I THINK I got Menu Editor working again! I did it by disabling my Organize Status Bar ext. Maybe this will help others. I hope it lasts.
cruzolo

Post by cruzolo »

Mine is still not working. I know this must be the Add Bookmark Here conflict. I need to use them both :/
when the power of love | overcomes the love of power | then we will know peace
J.H.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

pinkieandpie,
thanks for the compliment and glad you've got it sorted (hopefully).

cruzolo,
you may want to try the Custom Buttons ext. instead (install the xpi in the middle of the page), then install thisAdd Bkmrk button (it works for me, a single function button - just bookmarks a page!) or search the CB forum for another one you may like better.
pinkieandpie

Post by pinkieandpie »

Nope! False alarm. ME is freezing again. I just can't find a way around it. I've had to disable for now. ](*,)
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Try Safe Mode - all exts. will be disabled. If there's no problem, enable ME first, then one by one all other exts. until the problem returns.
Also, did you try this:
To determine what script is running too long, open the Error Console and tell it to stop the script. The Error Console should identify the script causing the problem.
from the 'Unresponsive ...' link i gave you above?
gssq

Post by gssq »

I can't get it to work in Minefield.

It tells me "Menu Editor needs at least one browser/mail window to be open at the time of editing" and then gives me the customise menu screen anyway, but changes I make there aren't reflected in my real menus.

Any ideas?
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

LunaC/cruzolo: I believe those bugs are filed, I just need to find time to fix them.

pinkieandpie: What makondo said. Create a new profile and install extensions one by one. When you find a conflict - please file a bug.

gssq: Please file a bug and I'll take a look one day..
pinkieandpie

Post by pinkieandpie »

Got it! The conflict is with Blue Organizer. I'll do my best to file a bug.
gssq

Post by gssq »

It worked on a clean profile. After some skullduggery it worked. Thanks

Too bad Minefield breaks too many extensions, or I'd use it.
cruzolo

Post by cruzolo »

@asqueella - I hope you'll manage to fix it as soon as possible.
Greetings
when the power of love | overcomes the love of power | then we will know peace
J.H.
stephm

Working with non-standard menus

Post by stephm »

Is it possible to have Menu Editor work with (say) the more tools menu?
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Hm, what do you mean? Don't know if it answers your question, but you can open Options in 'Advanced' mode (click the button that says 'Advanced mode'). Open 'Tools' menu in the left part, open some other menu in the right side and drag whatever you want from right to the left side. Or backwards, open any menu in the left, 'Tools' in the right, drag from the right to the left. I actually have onlt one menu in the menubar - 'Tools' with everything i need in it.
Hope this helps.
stephm

Post by stephm »

I should have been clearer.

I would like to add command to custom menus, such as the "More Tools" menu created by the moretools extension.

Also, is it possible to copy commands so that they exist on more than one tool menu?