[Ext] Drag de Go 0.2.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mfaddas

Conflict with "Grab and Drag"

Post by mfaddas »

Thank you for your nice extension which I can't live without.

It seems it has a conflict with the "Grab and Drag" extension because if it is enabled then I cannot use yours.

I hope you can do something about it.
IdoMcFly

Re: doesn't work with firefox3.0a4

Post by IdoMcFly »

yzhgu wrote:doesn't work with firefox3.0a4

neither 3.0b2pre
IdoMcFly

Re: doesn't work with firefox3.0a4

Post by IdoMcFly »

IdoMcFly wrote:
yzhgu wrote:doesn't work with firefox3.0a4

neither 3.0b2pre

I was talking about the dev version of drag de go (2.5.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112204 Minefield/3.0b2pre - Build ID: 2007112204
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

The build I posted here does work on the new betas and the trunk, so far!
daTerminehtor

Amend search string?

Post by daTerminehtor »

I use this...

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?a ... =100&hl=en

as my home page. Any way to use this as the search string for dragging text?
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Bo102010 wrote:The build I posted here does work on the new betas and the trunk, so far!

Thanks.

Working fine with latest hourly tk v3b2pre builds.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
renne

XML reading bug

Post by renne »

Hello,
Drag de Go 0.2.5 has been useful for me for long time - thanks!
However, I've noticed that it seems to totally mess up the layout of any XML file being viewed, when using the vertical scrollbar. I narrowed this behavior down to this extension. So, fixing this would make at least one xml developer happy. :)
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

renne - that's not a DragDeGo bug; it's a Firefox bug. It seems to be fixed for Firefox 3.
pirst

Post by pirst »

I think there is a little bug when copying text to search bar. It copies only to default search bar, but not google toolbar. It would be great if dragdego allowed to customize or detected default search bar.
kolpam

Post by kolpam »

request 1: "open link in new focused tab" and the other "open" commands are only available for active links. But they would also be useful for non-active URLs. Those are treated as text by Drag De Go. So they can only be searched, not opened.

request2: allow some RegExp actions on the dragged text or link before passing it along to search or opening it. For example, if a dragged non-active URL starts with hxxp (somed active lintimes used in forum posts to avoiks) the user could make a RegExp function that converts that to http.
oscarmaggie

Post by oscarmaggie »

I can not get this crucial extension to work in FF3beta2. I have disabled CheckUpdateSecurity but the linked build still will not install. Any hep would be much appreciated.
the3seashells

Post by the3seashells »

When I checked the truck and dev versions, they didn't work. I manually loaded up the .xpi file and changed the <em> to 4.0 (not that this will work with version 4). You can download the trunk one and update the install.rdf file yourself, or I have uploaded the modified version of it here.

http://drop.io/dragdego

This works for me as of 2/17/2008 and FF3b3
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

I also updated the version I had posted previously, which had some fixes included for the trunk: http://bo.idiofx.com/dragDeGoTrunk.xpi
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

It's really a marvellous extension and I have been used it with great comfort for many hours. It's worth more notices and applauses indeed. anyway, I think it's too excessive that it will be used in the addons and source codes. Imagine that you see a valuable addon, you must click to install by trial at once, nobody will save it in the local folder and then open the folder and find that addon to install...it's too troublesome, isn't it? and that's the same with source codes.
Malorkus

Post by Malorkus »

Wonderful extension. I have a small bug report: If some text is highlighted on the page and I drag a link, the extension acts as though I dragged the highlighted text instead. Thanks!