[Ext] Drag de Go 0.2.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

what is the oncommand for 'save image in the specific folder"? please tell me that ...
mesonofgib

Post by mesonofgib »

I can't get this to install at all I'm afraid. I've downloaded the xpi file but when I drag it into the add-on window I get a message saying - "DragdeGo" will not be installed because it does not provide secure updates. I was told on another forum to change the value of extensions.checkUpdateSecurity to false in about:config but there is no such setting :(. Can anyone help me? Losing this extension is the one major pain in the butt for updating to Firefox 3.
blacksm1th

Post by blacksm1th »

Right click in about:config -> New -> Boolean -> then fill "extensions.checkUpdateSecurity" -> false.
vipz

Post by vipz »

Malorkus wrote:Wonderful extension. I have a small bug report: If some text is highlighted on the page and I drag a link, the extension acts as though I dragged the highlighted text instead. Thanks!

Hi there, this behavior has been bugging me as well. Fortunately it seems I've figured out how to change it:

Browse the .xpi archive or your \profile\extensions folder (I use 7-Zip) and navigate to

Code: Select all

\chrome\dragdego.jar\content\main.js

Open the file for editing, and look for the line

var uri = selection ? selection : DragData[0];

and change it to

var uri = DragData[1] ? DragData[0] : selection;

Then about 10 lines below that, look for

}else if(selection && !DragdeGo.forceAsURL(uri)){

and change it to

}else if(!DragData[1] && !DragdeGo.forceAsURL(uri)){

Then a few lines below that, look for

}else if(!selection && /([^\/]+\.(xpi|jar))$/.test(uri)){

and change it to

}else if(DragData[1] && /([^\/]+\.(xpi|jar))$/.test(uri)){

What I found out is that when the drag event originated from a link, DragData[0] is the URL, and DragData[1] is the label. When the drag event originated from selected text, DragData[0] is the selected text and DragData[1] is not defined.

Hope this helps - I'm not familiar with programming FF extensions.
blacksm1th

Post by blacksm1th »

vipz wrote:...

This not work for me on Ubuntu, latest Minefield and Drag de Go trunk. This bug with highlited text is very annoying. I think that this extension need more support from his author.
mai9

Post by mai9 »

I'd like to drag a link and open it in a new window.

And I still want to drag bookmark's folders.

Thanks to the person who can add this options :eyeroll2:
Stamir

Post by Stamir »

vipz wrote:
Malorkus wrote:Wonderful extension. I have a small bug report: If some text is highlighted on the page and I drag a link, the extension acts as though I dragged the highlighted text instead. Thanks!

Hi there, this behavior has been bugging me as well. Fortunately it seems I've figured out how to change it:

It works! Thanks!
Updated version is here: http://www.lore.ru/downloads/dragDeGoTrunkMy.xpi
(also it's possible to install on ff3beta without changing parameter extensions.checkUpdateSecurity)
pirst

Post by pirst »

Vips solution didn't really work for me since it disables selecting and dragging text in links. It will always default to link even if text is selected inside the link. I created sorta pseudo workaround which should work in most cases. What it does it checks if dragged link has the same text as selected text, meaning it will only perform selection search if dragged url contains the same text as selection itself. Sounds confusing... It should greatly minimize occurrences of selection search bug. It works for me. Well i thought i'd share it.

in dragdego.jar\content\main.js file after

data.substring(0, transData.len.value).split("\n");

add this:

if( selection && DragData[1] && DragData[0])
            {

if (DragData[1].indexOf ( selection ) ==-1)
               {
                  var selection = null;
               }
               if ( selection.length <= 3)
               {
                  var selection = null;
               }
            }
robertmarley

Post by robertmarley »

Could you please add support for FF 3 Beta 4? (I use the FF 3 Beta 4 Portable)
First I modify the .xpi to max. version 5.* :P
I am able to install it and get to the 'DragdeGo Options' both via the add-on menu and via Tools.
But after having changed the settings: it doesn't register that I have made any changes in the options :S? So can only use the default settings which I do not like...
Also the text tooltip which are supposed to come when dragging, is not shown properly. There is no yellow background.

Hope You'll fix it, cause I like the add-on :).

Chill
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

I added pirst's fix and bumped the maxversion on http://bo.idiofx.com/dragDeGoTrunk.xpi.
robertmarley

Post by robertmarley »

Bo102010 wrote:I added pirst's fix and bumped the maxversion on http://bo.idiofx.com/dragDeGoTrunk.xpi.

Thanks! it works :D

P.S. you seems to be quite experienced within add-ons, and you have made this one working with FF3B4 < _.
So was wondering if you would take a look at this tread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=640031 and maybe you could give me some guidelines on what changes one have to make in add-ons in order to make them work with FF3B4 < ?
Also I really like this userstyle: http://userstyles.org/styles/1030 , but it doesn't work properly in FF3B4. A comment about whats wrong have been made by user 'ddsafsdfgs'

I totally understand if you prefer just to support this add-on. If so, just forget this comment.
JustinF

Post by JustinF »

Drag de go isn't working with the latest beta. Does anyone know of a place to download a working version? Or is there another extension that supports directional dragging?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just edited install.rdf and it installs now.
Innuendo

Post by Innuendo »

Anyone have a mirror? Http://bo.idiofx.com has had its bandwidth exceeded.

Thanks.
ffuser17

Post by ffuser17 »

it's back, but the option "copy text to find toolbar" doesn't work in the latest nightly. it gives this error

Error: gFindBar.openFindBar is not a function
Source file: chrome://dragdego/content/global.js
Line: 201
Innuendo

Post by Innuendo »

There are just too many problems with this extension in its current form to be useful for me on 3.0b5. While I wait for the problems to get sorted I've moved over to using Easy DragToGo (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6639) which perfectly with 3.0b5, but just not as powerful as Drag de Go.

Hopefully, someone who is knowledgeable with extensions can take a peek at Easy DragToGo's code and make the appropriate changes to Drag de Go to fix its bugs & eliminate the needs for workarounds.