[Theme] Curacao 4.8.0b4 [2011-08-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Madeline

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.5.0 [2010-02-12]

Post by Madeline »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:.... yes, the theme is going to support Fx 4.

I don't want to seem impatient, but do you have any idea when this might be please? I love your themes and I've already got both of the Red Cats themes in Firefox 4. I've been using your themes for some time now and, much as I love cats (I've got 3 living with me), it's nice to have a rest from them sometimes!

I don't in the least mind waiting, but it's nice to have a rough idea for how long if possible! Since I've also got 3.6.16 installed on this PC, I can still have Curacao on here which is nice.

Madeline :)
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

@Madeline:
I'm doing my best to update Curacao but my free time is in short supply these days. So to answer your question: sorry but there is no an estimated release date. Maybe - just _maybe_ - the theme will be ready in about one month's time...
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:@Madeline:
I'm doing my best to update Curacao but my free time is in short supply these days. So to answer your question: sorry but there is no an estimated release date. Maybe - just _maybe_ - the theme will be ready in about one month's time...

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't trying to pressure you, I'm just happy to know that you still intend to update Curacao! I'll keep a lookout for an update in due course. Thank you for making your wonderful themes.

Madeline :)
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

The beta version of Curacao for Firefox 4.x - 7.0a1 is finally here - give it a try! Download Curacao 4.8.0 beta 2
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

reinbeau

Post by reinbeau »

Ah, I love it!! I'm so happy to have it back - I'll let you know if there are any issues :)
--
Ann
Ngamer01

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.8.0b2 [2011-06-17]

Post by Ngamer01 »

I'm glad to see Curacao back once again. The bluemod userChrome needs some updating to account for new things like the Add-Ons Manager and about:config, but I know that will be fixed with time in future updates.

Thank you, Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat.
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:The beta version of Curacao for Firefox 4.x - 7.0a1 is finally here - give it a try! Download Curacao 4.8.0 beta 2

This is wonderful, thank you very, very much! I've just got home after a week in hospital and this has really helped to cheer me up! Thanks again.

Madeline :D
- Charles Bukowski
reinbeau

Post by reinbeau »

So far so good, I haven't noticed any problems in the week or so since I installed it.
--
Ann
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

@Madeline:
Aha! I was wondering why you, of all people, didn't show up. Glad this update came as a delightful surprise and raised your spirits. :)

@reinbeau:
Thanks. It's such a relief to know.

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Beta 4 is now available. A bunch of cosmetic changes, a few bug fixes and a lot of improvements to the blueMod css.

Download Curacao 4.8.0 beta 4 for Firefox 3.6 - 8.0a1.

Madeline

Post by Madeline »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:Beta 4 is now available. A bunch of cosmetic changes, a few bug fixes and a lot of improvements to the blueMod css.

Download Curacao 4.8.0 beta 4 for Firefox 3.6 - 8.0a1.

Excellent news, I shall download it shortly! I've never had any trouble with this theme or with either of the other 2. I've actually got Firefox 3.6.20 on this PC (which I'm using at the moment) as well as Firefox 6.0 so I'm often using 2 of your themes at the same time. I don't have the same one on each version though, that would be too confusing for me!
Thanks again for the latest update to Curacao.

Madeline :D
- Charles Bukowski
reinbeau

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.8.0b4 [2011-08-18]

Post by reinbeau »

I am still loving this theme - I have a small issue, however. When I go into my bookmarks (via Multirow Bookmark Toolbar, the latest version) I can't click directly on the bookmark, I have to be two bookmarks up on the dropdown list. Don't know if it's the theme or something else, just thought I'd mention it. Latest Firefox 8.0.
--
Ann
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

@ Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat, or anyone else who can help!

This is an odd little problem, but I've been using Curacao 4.8.0 beta 4 for some time on my desktop PC which runs XP Home SP3. Recently, we bought 2 laptops which both run W7 Home Premium, one is 32-bit and the other is 64-bit. I have 2 user accounts on each laptop, 1 Admin and 1 Standard. On the 32-bit laptop,I've managed some how to install Curacao 4.8.0 beta 4 in Firefox on both accounts,but on this 64-bit one, I've only got it on the Admin account.

Can anyone tell me how to install it on my Standard account please? I don't know exactly how I did it before and, while it's true that 3 out of 4 ain't bad, I want it to be 4 out of 4 if possible! Thanks.

Madeline
- Charles Bukowski
toefungus

Post by toefungus »

Here's how to hack this to work with new releases of Firefox on Windows:

You need to go into C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\YYYY\extensions (where XXXX is your username and YYYY is your firefox profile)

In that folder are a bunch of files with the extension ".xpi"

Look for "{cc6ef5ab-35be-4300-bd07-d12850fc97ff}.xpi" and rename it with a ".zip" extension. Extract the files in the zip to a new folder called "{cc6ef5ab-35be-4300-bd07-d12850fc97ff}"

(or if you have 7zip installed just right-click menu on the .xpi file and select "Extract to {cc6ef5ab-35be-4300-bd07-d12850fc97ff}\")

Delete the old .xpi file, you don't need it any more.

Go into the new folder and edit the file "install.rdf". Change "maxVersion" to "20.9" (or whatever it needs to be when you read this...) and save the file.

That's it!

nb. It also works for Red cats ("{ff356687-aa08-463d-a46c-11c451824939}") and Green Cats ("{dd30bf68-268a-4815-ad48-8740b774c764}")