[Theme] Curacao 4.8.0b4 [2011-08-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
steviex

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.0.0.1 for Firefox 2.x - 3.0.x

Post by steviex »

What happens if you switch back to the Default Theme or to Mostly Crystal ??
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
reinbeau

Post by reinbeau »

It works perfectly with the default theme, and with Rain, another theme I have been using (I stopped using Modern Pinball (I remembered the wrong theme) starting with Firefox 3.0 because it's no longer being developed).

Anyways, with the default I can drag and drop bookmarks anywhere, with Curacao I can only go to the first level of folders. I can drop into a folder within a folder on the Personal Toolbar, but no deeper than that level.

Any chance of a fix? I love the theme otherwise, especially with the addition of that code that got rid of the brown background.
--
Ann
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

reinbeau wrote:Any chance of a fix? I love the theme otherwise, especially with the addition of that code that got rid of the brown background.

[Just back from vacation so couldn't reply earlier.]

Please try this test version. Any better?
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
reinbeau

Post by reinbeau »

Hope you had a great vacation!

Unfortunately, no, it didn't fix it.

Just so you know, here's a listing of my extensions. Perhaps one is causing a conflict?

Extensions (enabled: 31, disabled: 1; total: 32)
--
Ann
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Okay, I've done some testing but couldn't reproduce the bug - I access any level of folders just fine. Now, please
try creating a new profile with only Curacao installed and tell me if it makes any difference. That would be a great help.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

reinbeau

Post by reinbeau »

I created a new profile and imported a bookmark folder. Made a few folders within folders in the Personal Toolbar folder. Tried to drag and drop a bookmark from a tab into a nested folder. It worked fine with a clean profile. So obviously there's something going on with one of my other extensions, I guess ?
--
Ann
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.0.1 [2009-01-26]

Version 4.0.1 is out, see first post for changelog.

@reinbeau: no, I didn't forget about your bug but was unable to reproduce it. I installed all your extensions but had no problem accessing any level of folders. So that might have something to do with some settings of yours... To identify the culprit, try to disable the installed extensions one by one until the problem is gone. Also, try version 4.0.1 of Curacao.

olivier.voutat

Re: [Theme] Curacao 4.5.0 [2010-02-12]

Post by olivier.voutat »

A posted a compliment on the theme page and I mean it a lot, but a found a minor bug in it. Maybe the fact that I put the classic tabs in the chrome.css...

The load spiral of the tabs has a little problem. On one or more images there is a black side background on the right.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

@CyberOwl:
I'm aware of the bug already and will do my best to address it in the next release. And no, it has nothing to do with the classic tabs, it's animated png which is at fault here.

olivier.voutat

Post by olivier.voutat »

Nice Red, thanks.

By the way, there is two more details that I have long forgot. In fact I'm using your theme since june 2008.

I don't know if you use the xmarks plugin, but when it synchronizes the bookmarks, the progress bar animation look weird.

This one is a suggestion, but don't you think that the spiral turning should turn opposite direction, or the spiral should be inversed so the mouvement could look more natural?
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

I don't use Xmarks but will look into it, thanks for reporting.

As for the spirals, the inverse (right-handed) one is not good at all. And while I do agree that left-handed spirals are supposed to rotate CCW by definition, I vaguely recall that when I was making the theme, it was the CCW version that didn't look natural. I may be wrong, though, so I'll give it another try.

zimnyx

Post by zimnyx »

Hi!

Lately I debug what causes my 3.6 FF instance to lag so much when switching to another tab. And it looks like the theme slows it down.
When theme is enabled, there is visible lag when switching to another tab, and CPU usage goes up to 100%.
When I disable this theme tab switching becomes instant and CPU usage drops to 30%.

My box is Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM.

Can I do something about it?
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue on Windows XP - no CPU spikes for me. Might be a Linux specific bug. FWIW, try to simplify the selected tab styling. Add the following code to your userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] {
  -moz-box-shadow: none !important;
}

Also, do you happen to have TabMix Plus or any other tab related add-on installed? Disable it and see if it helps.

jivko

Post by jivko »

I like your theme.It has unique look and its easy on the eyes.The colors are well balanced.I hope you'll support Firefox 4 as well. :)
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Thanks - the opinion of a fellow themer is most valuable to me! :) And yes, the theme is going to support Fx 4.