forecastfox enhanced

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.

forecastfox enhanced

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to setup this extension so when I hover over it, it will disp[lay such things as temp; dew point; humidity, visibility; pressure; winds..etc? If so, how please

thanks

Post by Guest »

bump
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

Yes. Right click on it and click Options. Go to the Current Conditions section and check the box next to Enable Tooltip. Make sure that the display option under that says Label or Icon and Label. Click Customize next to it and in the new window that pops up, in the label bar, you can enter in whichever variables from the list below it that you want, along with any extra text and formatting. For example, I use:

Code: Select all

Now in [dnam][nl][t], [tmp][nl]RealFeel, [flik][nl]Wind [windt], [winds]
Which yields
Now in West Newton, MA
Sunny, 74 F
Realfeel 80 F
Winds SW, 7mph

You can customize that however you want. You can then do the same thing in the Today's Forecast and Extended Forecast sections.

Post by Guest »

yes, but can I just hover over it to show all that?
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

Thats what the tooltip is. It gets displayed when you hover over that particular icon.

Post by Guest »

yes but I only want to see the other info once I hover over it. I do not want to see all of that info in my status bar. It will take up too much space. Does enhanced do that?
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

What other info? You have to have the icons or some text displaeyed in order to have something to hover over...

Post by Guest »

some text I agree but does it display all info all the time? Oh, by the way why can't I get humidity reading with forcast fox please?

Post by Guest »

oh and at nighttime why does it still show the sun on current day forecast?
bgfunk76

Post by bgfunk76 »

You know, ForecastFox has a forum-
http://forums.ensolis.com/viewforum.php?f=7
`(•.°)~
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

If you look through the options, all of this becomes pretty clear. If you want no text to be displayed until you hover over Forecastfox, go into the options and in the Enable Display section of Current Conditions, Today's Forecast and Extended Forecast choose just Icon for the display. If you want it to switch to night when it's night, go to the Today's Forecast section and in the Switch To section select Tonight's Forecast. You add humidity in the Current Conditions display by adding the [hmid] variable.
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

bgfunk76 wrote:You know, ForecastFox has a forum-
http://forums.ensolis.com/viewforum.php?f=7
You're right, but luckily for this guy I am one of the Forecastfox Enhanced developers and I happened to see his post.
bgfunk76

Post by bgfunk76 »

Well, I didn't know that. Sorry about that.

Edit- Guess you won't be helping this person then, lol- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=443481
Last edited by bgfunk76 on July 26th, 2006, 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Shoofy, I will give it a try if 1click still acts up. Thanks for helping out a fellow mass-ite as well. Maybe 20 mins from you.

Post by Guest »

I am trying to get humidity added to my current conditions setting. Here is the syntax that I am using:

[dnam][nl][t], [tmp][nl]RealFeel, [flik][nl],[hmid]Wind [windt], [winds]

Problem is when I hover over it the word humidity and the humidity temp soes not appear. Can someone please help me out as to why it doesn't please?

TIA