[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Feet

Post by Feet »

Chaps,

Bit of a problem you might be able to help me with. Can't find the answer elsewhere.

Went and had a look at the Bugatti web t'other day drool
Don't look, or you'll be in the same fix as me!

It opened in a "no toolbars or menus or any bloomin thing but a title bar" "mode"
Trouble is, now session saver has saved this and so i have a blank window everytime i open mo' firefox

How can i reset session saver? I don't really want to recreate my profile or reinstall the browser unless i have to

ADVcheersANCE
Feet

Post by Feet »

Ahhh... sorted. In case anyone has the same trouble:

just opened an external to browser link and it put the bug page in a tab and sorted itself out... nice

Thanks for the extension... its great!
Reality

Deleting Sessions?

Post by Reality »

My apologies if this has been mentioned on any of the 27 previous pages, but I don't see any ways to delete saved sessions. Can this be done, or a feature added to do it?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

workaround: go to your prefs.js while FF is closed and delete the offending session(s)
Reality

Post by Reality »

That helps, but are there any plans to have it added as a menu feature?
XanDaMan

Post by XanDaMan »

Any plans to be able to delete user made sessions?
d_g

Post by d_g »

sboulema wrote:latest is 22
Session Saver

Hmmm I'm running 23, what's happened here?
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

dangrey wrote:
Session Saver

cant find the 23 build anywhere, do you have a link to it ?
Org

Post by Org »

The place to get rue's version of SessionSaver is this:
http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?t=359

Didn't rue wish that people would move this kind of SessionSaver discussion to the aasted.org forum?
d_g

Post by d_g »

sboulema wrote:
dangrey wrote:
Session Saver

cant find the 23 build anywhere, do you have a link to it ?

No, all I know is that the SS I have installed (and have had for some time) says 'Nightly 23' in Extension Options.

Org - the problem I have with that page is that it doesn't say what version that link installs (although I'm about to find out :D). Seeing as the post hasn't been changed since March it kinda suggests it's a bit old, although I guess Rue has updated the file the link points to since then. It could be a bit clearer though...
d_g

Post by d_g »

Rue's version - from the link Org posted - gives build 23
goa103

Post by goa103 »

Hi,

Rue's version perfectly worked on my old Windows installation, however my HD crashed and I had to reinstall Firefox and its extensions. Now I installed the lastest version and get the following error :

<menuitem id="sessionsaver-save-menuitem" hidden="true"
--^

It's a red error message displayed beneath the tabs contents. I thought I could reinstall it but there's no way I can desinstall SessionSaver :(.

Any idea what the problem might be ?
JM
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

n22 or n23 is last known good version ... n23 was trying to fix a problem that Chrysalis had http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 541#433541
they are essentially the same the difference is as rue said
It now leaves the last session intact when closing, but sets a flag. If a new session opens before shutdown (eg. Bookmarks remained open and you popped a new browser without closing it), the prior session is cleared as normal
goa103

Post by goa103 »

To Rue.

Hello,

I found out why SessionSaver didn't work. Actually I used an english Firefox but when I reinstall it a few days ago, I used the auto install .exe distribution for Windows. Then I got a french Firefox ! I tried to unzip the othetr distribution, english one, and now SessionSaver works. I got back to french... Doesn't work... english... It works ! I think there's some kind of locale problem in the script. I'm not an extension developer but I quickly checked out the sources of the extension, and from the bug I reported, it seems it's not able to add itself to the File menu.

By the way, is there any official Session Saver page ? It seems it was removed from the extensions repositery. Moreover I wonder how we can easily report bugs for extensions. Isn't there any bugzilla for extensions ? It would help developers to debug their extensions instead of wasting our time on forums, most information is lost as there's no way to track bugs and stuff.

I hope french folks will soon be able to use your great extension !
JM
jhartmann

Post by jhartmann »

I have to second goa103: SessionSaver does not work at all with non-english versions of Firefox. It just gives a gray space, about 2 inches high, beneath the browser's (or tab's) content, containing the red message that goa103 quoted. And an XML processing error message when clicking the extension's settings button.